=============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*
    https://tinyurl.com/yyunbxvg

CONGRATS on making GOAL to @SUSSEXBYTHESEA and @CPANUS!!! WOOHOO!! :star:

This virus is turning people into monsters! One of our poor kids works at the local grocery store chain and they've had like a bazillion percent increase in people ordering online and doing drive-thru pickup. The service has become overwhelmed and some customers are being downright nasty that they have to wait more than a few seconds or if their order isn't ready yet. He gets screamed at profanely multiple times in just a 4 hour shift. So much for "Minnesota Nice", I guess. Don't they realize that the service is being offered as a courtesy to them and that in doing so, it makes their lives easier and saves them a couple of hours of wandering around the store shopping? I just cringe at the stories he tells me each time I pick him up. :disappointed:

Dave

That's disappointing. Those kids should be encouraged so they will develop good work ethic. Instead they are getting beaten up over something that is out of their control. Not nice. :frowning:

This is awful, Have had to start getting click and collect from my major supermarket but not experienced this I have seen clips of customers behaving awfully inside some other stores though. The worst is being brought out in some people but others are doing all they can for their community to be helpful. A big hug to your kid, hang in there young man you are doing what many are not prepared to do.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    November 27
    88.3/100
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,282 Member
    Options
    Adding 18.72 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Chris
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Wow. My friend gave me a gift of a overnight stay in a beach side resort in Rockaway OR. My friend packed us up a complete turkey dinner and pumpkn pie to boot! My son and Ihad 2 days on the beach and a fantastic dinner in a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen overlooking the ocean. We had rain on our Turkey day walk, we had a nice moon on our night walk and sunshine this morning.

11/22 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/23 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    11/24 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/25 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    11/26 - 03.0 miles beach walk
    11/27 - 01.0 miles beach walk

Total: 442.0 miles

exercise.png

Thanksgiving walk

lc91w7usvhtb.jpg

ah4b0jfz6jmr.jpg

Moonlit night

ytf1o7oc0q90.jpg

Beautiful morning

ytjoddy1tmz9.jpg

shuppyvudr2c.jpg

• Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @anaconda469 beautiful photos - thanks for sharing

@darkrider42 sorry people are behaving badly - many are scared

24 Nov 2.9km
    25 Nov 4.8
    26 Nov 3.5
    27 Nov 2.0
    28 Nov 7.1

MTD 126.12/140kms

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    WOW anaconda469!! What an awesome friend! Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures!

We stayed home alone on turkey day. The hubs had been sick last weekend & did not want to spread anything. I got Christmas decorations put up & gifts wrapped.

Ticker Factory was going all wonky so I am posting my miles.
    82.5 + 15.5 from walking + 5 miles from ex bike= 103 total miles to date
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

And yesterday makes goal!! It’s good timing because I strained my tendon again. These injuries are the worse.
    I hope etc Verona is having a good weekend.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Between yesterday and today, I"m adding 5.8 miles.

Had a quiet holiday with my brother, sis-in-law and nephew,and nephew's girlfriend came over for dessert. I had to work yesterday, it's our normal half day but with only one of the three clinics open, it was busy. And annoying. Had to tell the other RN who I happily don't work with often to lose her tone of voice when talking to me as the busy schedule is not my fault. And the midwife I had an issue with back in April and haven't seen since, was one of the two providers, she didn't talk to me. I assigned myself the phone triage role so I wouldn't have to interact with them :smiley:

Plain old weekend now, went for a walk with a friend, she took me into an estate sale she had gone to yesterday and she ended up buying a kitchen table/chairs. Happily we weren't dragging that home lol.

About to take my butt on the couch. The cats are both sleeping. I've cleaned enough to justify not doing more.

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    11/28
    16.07 miles
    495.46 miles MTD
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    November 28
    93.3/100
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*

Congratulations to @vhuber and @djmicheals on making goal!

Is it just my imagination or are lots of people just squeaking by on their goals this month? I spent last night in Atlanta, driving to Florida for the second time this month, which means that's 6 days this month that I've been in a car and not moving my butt. I have a plan to go for a run and a bike ride tomorrow to get me to goal, but that's cutting it close! It's been a crazy month, but I'm holding on and I hope you are too. As @leanz said, a lot of people are scared and that means some behave badly. I'm going to make an extra effort to be nice today.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    6.5 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding 3 miles for 130 out of 200.

Adding 12 miles for 142 out of 200.

Adding 16 miles for 158 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 167 out of 200.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    11/29
    26.90 miles
    522.36 miles MTD
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Adding 17 miles to bring my total up to date

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding 3 miles for 130 out of 200.

Adding 12 miles for 142 out of 200.

Adding 16 miles for 158 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 167 out of 200.

Adding 18 miles for 185 out of 200.
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    11/28- walked 1.11 miles
    11/29- walked 2.36 miles
    47.84/50 total miles
    exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*

Congratulations to @vhuber and @djmicheals on making goal!

Is it just my imagination or are lots of people just squeaking by on their goals this month? I spent last night in Atlanta, driving to Florida for the second time this month, which means that's 6 days this month that I've been in a car and not moving my butt. I have a plan to go for a run and a bike ride tomorrow to get me to goal, but that's cutting it close! It's been a crazy month, but I'm holding on and I hope you are too. As @leanz said, a lot of people are scared and that means some behave badly. I'm going to make an extra effort to be nice today.

I am dragging by this month I think its because of being self quarantined since March/ Other than a couple trips to Central Oregon to see my son and go up in the mountains I have been pretty well isolated. I am pretty afraid of going out on my bike as peoples attitudes are getting really bad. I saw a window sticker on a car that said 'All Cyclists Splatter' which pretty well sums up attitudes around here.
This discussion has been closed.