Five years later...

Options
NicoleL874
NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
It's been a wild ride! Not where I want to be, but incredibly happy and proud of how far I've come!

My VSG was done on 10/15/15. It's crazy that it's been 5 years, some days it feels like a blink, others a lifetime! I look at my before and really don't recognize that person anymore. Through lots of counseling and soul searching, she really doesn't exist much anymore. Our cores were the same, but she was so bitter, resentful, and hateful at times that she seems like a completely different person.

I initially lost 165 lbs, then had 13 lbs of skin removed. Then ended up with MRSA and through a variety of reasons gained back up quite a bit. I'm now about 10 - 15 lbs from where I want to be, but now am focusing more on fat loss and muscle growth rather than the number on the scale. Where I end up, who knows?!

e3mfkmkglvg9.png

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @NicoleL874 Happy 5 year surgeversary! You have been through a lot - that’s for sure but you are doing so awesome! Can’t believe my 5 years is coming up in April - time truly does fly and it’s amazing the highs and lows we go through, isn’t it?
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation Nicole. Congratulations on five years out. 🍾🥂
  • Tugsandpull
    Tugsandpull Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Amazing add me I had my vsg in 2015