Weight No More - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @sleepymom5 it has actually been 2 years since I gave up sweets and it was November. Back then I was trying to make a new commitment each month, and I started it in November with giving up sweets. But I definitely remember I have had 2 birthdays since I gave up the sweets because those are the only 2 times I have allowed myself to eat sweets!! So crazy how time flies. The good thing is that I don't crave sweets anymore - if I start craving food it is usually nuts! Luckily I don't give into eating nuts like I did with sweets. This year on my birthday in August my sister had gotten me a birthday cake and I took a piece and was talking so much that I only ate about a 1/4 of it. I don't like telling people that I don't eat sweets or I seem to get too much pressure to give in. You know misery loves company. Its been easier for me to just say that I am too full for dessert! Obviously now without seeing anyone it is really easy not to eat sweets - no explaining to do!!

So tell me about that stationary bike you are using - you said you are connected and the instructor can change your resistance? That's amazing!!!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    melaniedscott
    Week 1
    PW: 206
    CW: 207.2
    +1.2

I'm not going to be too upset since I know I've been eating everything in sight (and out, have done some frige & cabinet hunting) and have had 0 countable activity since cough-wheeze kicked in. Stetoids seem to be helping a little. If I could just be silent for 48 hours, I could probably kick it...but I'm not a silent person. I swear at the computer, my phone, the tv. My husband say, 'You! Be quiet! Oh by the way, how do...? What is this? Why is...?' Or will br funny or play really funny youtube videos (look for tarantula song on youtube if you need a laugh) and make me laugh, which triggers more cough-wheeze. Great way to encourage healing silence. Sigh. (See, still talking...). Guess it is good I like him so much...And I'm on the phone at work a lot or in Zoom mertings...

I think I'm back to reasonable eating now.

@sleepymom5 I love that you call it a powder room...
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Wednesday
    Week 1
    CW: 205.0

@minstrelofsarcasm
    @1theresamcvean
    I'm not sure what to count as my PW because of being on the cheer team for November.
    I show that Oct 28(I think that was my last weigh in before cheer squad) was 210.2

11/4 I was 211.0
    11/25 I was 205.4 day before Thanksgiving

Ate way too much on Thanksgiving and the Friday after. And I'm still limited in exercise because of my knee issue. Glad the scale went down.😊

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    I'm sure my weight will probably be up tomorrow. When my weight gets too high I get such horrible heartburn. The last few nights I have been awake all night with heartburn. Today I have not been able to get rid of it no matter what I have done. I cant wait to get my new Fitbit. I think this weekend I want to get down in the basement and clean up some of the mess my kids have left when they moved out and get my treadmill set up so on those cold days I can walk. What I really need to do is when I am awake at 4am is to get up and do a walking video because that shouldn't bother my neck. Just get it done. I have been getting my meals ready the night before.
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    edited December 2020

@minstrelofsarcasm Am I able to be moved to Thursday weigh ins? Weekends have been hectic and want to make sure I keep logging in :)
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Freeglerock
    Week 1
    PW: 170.3
    CW: 170.8
    LTD: 47.7

My weight is all over the place at the moment. Think it is probably due to TOTM, but I have also changed up my exercise as well (trying to learn how to run...). I have also started having a glass of wine more regularly in the evening. If within calories, does alcohol effect weight loss in the long term?
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 1
    pw 160.0
    cw 160.7

I'll take that considering I was almost 162 early this week and have still been eating all the time. Trying hard to make better choices.
  • pacsnc6
    did the 35 seconds hold on the plank, got 14% protein again - that's 63 g - more than I thought!
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Thursday weigh in

Pw 154.8
    CW 153.8
    Total lbs lost 18.2
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-30 min walking video, PT and stretching

Good day as far as eating and exercise. Frustrating day with decorating. It seem like all my lights were 1/2 lit yesterday. I have to run to the store and hopefully buy some more. I even changed the fuses with no luck. Hopefully it will go better today.

My daughter's boyfriend bought me chocolate. They were in Philadelphia and he wanted to get me chocolate. I don't know why. I have knew him before they dated and loved him so he doesn't need to butter me up Lol! Jim always hoped they would date. It is nothing serious though. Back to the chocolate, I didn't have any yesterday but am allowing for 2 today. No drama which would have happened a few months back. I would have panicked that I was losing weight and I couldn't have any. These are really good chocolates so it will be worth it! Now let's hope there is no drama when I have to stop at two! ;)

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

@lennoncpa I remember that! Each month you would work on another thing but the sweets stayed this whole time. It has definitely been 2 years. My bike is connected through Ifit. I think it is on any bike that offers it. There are all different workouts on there, even not on the bike. I haven't even scratched the surface of what is available.
    @melaniedscott That whole post cracked me up :D Glad you are starting to see an improvement with the steroids. Hope you are back to your normal talking/laughing without coughing soon. Now I have that tarantula song in my head Lol!
    @tryingagain5 Nice loss, especially after Thanksgiving! You also had a good loss for the month of November. Great job!
    @ljdanny Great job getting your meals together the night before. I really like those walking videos, you can get a good workout in and so many steps. Hope your fitbit gets there soon.
    @Freeglerock I saw that you logged running recently. That is awesome! I don't know if having a glass within your calories would make a difference though. I feel like I always gain when I have a drink, I am sure it is just water weight. I also don't just have a glass so that could be it too :D
    @pacsnc6 Not bad coming off a holiday either. This is a tough time of year too. I am at 20 secs for the plank. My core is so weak. Thanks for getting me back into it. How are you measuring the protein?
    @mxlaw90 Nice loss!! Hope all is going well :smile:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    December Week One

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 166.2 (November 26th)
    CW (Current Weight): 167.6 (December 3rd)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 66.4 lbs

Yep, was 100% expecting the gain. Thanksgiving led to a massive bloat. My weight was actually 168.6 before spin class this morning, but 167.6 after, which means I most definitely need to drink water to rehydrate. I'm sure there's still some bloat leftover, and the water should help with that too.

Food:
    Besides Thanksgiving, I didn't do too bad, although I had a nasty habit of snacking directly after meals, so I'm going to try to focus on eating more satiating meals and developing a system of drinking water immediately before and after eating.

Exercise:
    I have officially completed over 750 spin classes. And I'm not stopping now.

Next Week:

Hoping to get back on track, just in time for the holiday season to ramp up again. I've got lots of cookies to make, which means lots of cookies to give to other people so I don't eat them. It's the season of giving, after all.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/02 steps 10261
  • pacsnc6
    @sleepymom5 The protein percentage is from the pie chart under my food log. I saw the number of grams listed and was really surprised. Didn't think I ate that much.
  • ljdanny
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 190
    Cw 192.6
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @sleepymom5
    Great job on allowing yourself to have some chocolate! It's hard for me to do that too because I really love chocolate.🤗 As my trainer likes to tell me "everything in moderation"

Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised with the loss. I figured with the amount of food I ate Thanksgiving day and the Friday after I would have gained. I have been trying to eat less most days and have been successful for the most part. I'm trying to do that because of the limitations I have with exercise right now. Hopefully my knee will cooperate soon so I can get back to my high intensity workouts.
  • ljdanny
    Well I cried when I saw the number go up. I wanted to go for a walk today but my feet were killing me so I got no exercise in so that made it worse. I did get my husband to start checking for spin bikes for me today so hopefully I will get one ordered soon. I told him I already know where I'm going to put it in the basement. I'll even let him ride it. He laughed knowing he's probably not going too. I also looked into isogenix. I need to get control, if that scale goes up next week it might go out the window. I have been eating fruit and veggies and drinking more water so I thought I was doing pretty good.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi Weight no more.... I decided to add 1 more to your team .... Please welcome @bumpbreakcar :)
  • Freeglerock
    If within calories, does alcohol effect weight loss in the long term?

No, it won't over the long term. It's just a matter if you want to use your calorie allowance on it. It will likely cause some fluctuations in the short term, but that's nothing you didn't know :smile:

• ljdanny wrote: »
    Well I cried when I saw the number go up. I wanted to go for a walk today but my feet were killing me so I got no exercise in so that made it worse. I did get my husband to start checking for spin bikes for me today so hopefully I will get one ordered soon. I told him I already know where I'm going to put it in the basement. I'll even let him ride it. He laughed knowing he's probably not going too. I also looked into isogenix. I need to get control, if that scale goes up next week it might go out the window. I have been eating fruit and veggies and drinking more water so I thought I was doing pretty good.

You know I love love love my spin bike, and I have a love/hate relationship with the scale.

With things like Isagenix I am on the fence. There's not a lot of science that shows replacing meals with shakes works in the long term, but it will likely reduce calories for the time that you're on it. That said, just doing something proactive can be a big psychological help. I've got a couple of products with thermogenics in them - protein and pre-workout that I would use anyway, not much science in thermogenics but it can't hurt.

My husband is often a voice of reason for me, because I frequently want to just cut way back on calories and lose the weight quicker, damnit. It's so frustrating when the scale doesn't move, or goes in the wrong direction! Still, steady and sustainable is the best way - most of the problems my body throws at me now are because I over-exercised/under-ate in the past. Grrr.
This discussion has been closed.