Replies

• leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. Walked 35 minutes this morning
    Calories: Over (81 calories)
    I think my problem is that I eat first then record the meal. I think I'm eating within my meal calories but when I record it, I'm a bit over.

How do you all record your meals? Before or after you eat them?
  • nicholemurphy87
    nicholemurphy87 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nicholemurphy87
    PW 247.8
    CW 246.8

Week 1 weigh in . Definitely a slow week for me, i could have done alot better but its a loss !!
  • beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Thursday
    Track: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes went on a nice big bike ride
  • weightannihilator
    weightannihilator Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    weightannihilator
    December Week 1(Friday)
    PW =226
    CW=224.8
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. Walked 35 minutes this morning
    Calories: Over (81 calories)
    I think my problem is that I eat first then record the meal. I think I'm eating within my meal calories but when I record it, I'm a bit over.

How do you all record your meals? Before or after you eat them?

I've been trying to track everything I am going to eat at the beginning of the day when I'm making food, and when I do that my results are better, but sometimes I miss or forget something and it sends me over. Definitely a work in progress.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    lsabeIIe
    December week 4
    Friday
    PW: 141.7
    CW: 140.4

After "plateauing" for months, the last weeks make me really proud I kept going. Consistency really works even if sometimes it feels like you've been stuck for so long.

I'm really excited to get so close to my goal!
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    @leni1us

81 calories over is not so bad. ;)
    I log my food before I eat. And I track EVERYTHING, honestly it's tedious and I often get annoyed about doing it but.... It works.

@Gold6767

How is Body Revolution going?
    I've done that program before and I could really see/feel changes in my body. I think it's a good program and I will do it again for sure.
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Gold6767
    PW: 154.8
    CW: 153.6

After several weeks of no progress I am thrilled with this!
    @Isabelle I'm only 1 week into Body Revolution but so far I really like it. I'm not doing to exact meal plan in the program though.
  • beshamama
    Options
    December week 1
    Friday
    PW: 168.8
    CW: 168.8

• lsabeIIe
    Options
    @Gold6767
    I wasn't following the meal plan when I did it, just the workouts.

... Congrats for your loss!
  • leni1us
    Options
    leni1us
    December Week 1
    Friday
    PW: 172.6
    CW: 169.4

Even though I went over on my calories a couple of days, I was still able to lose some. I am keeping in mind that this is my first week so most of the weight I loss is from water but I'll take it anyway!
  • girlfacedolly
    girlfacedolly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Username: girlfacedolly
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: fri
    Previous Weight: 170
    Today's Weight: 173

Eh. Was kind of surprised but I’m not going to beat myself up over it. Good luck everyone!
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Isabelle @Gold6767 @leni1us Great week you guys!
    @beshamama Not a gain!
    @girlfacedolly If you just started a new exercise regimen or anything, it will cause water retention. Drink up and I bet it will be gone! I'm not even weighing this week because it is IV steroid week for me. Last time I thought that I was dying because it was a +19lbs gain in one day...I just have to pop furosemide like candy while I'm getting the infusions now.
  • leni1us
    Options
    Daily post: Friday
    Under calories: no
    Exercise: 45 minute walk this morning.

The overage came from large fast food French fries I shared with my husband (I ate about 1/2 and recorded it). I took the advice of @Gold6767 and @Isabelle and prepped my food in the morning (my breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks). I was going to be 10 calories from hitting my goal for the day....then the fries happened. I did not factor those in and I know I should not have eaten them but I did.

Tomorrow is another day.
  • beshamama
    Options
    Daily post:Friday
    Exercise: a tiny little walk
    Under calories: no
  • tina9572
    tina9572 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Tina9572
    December week 1

PW : 187,8
    CW : 188,2
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Isabelle @beshamama Great job tracking and getting in exercise today!
    @tina9572 Still rocking the 80's!
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Lori. I have been using MFP off and on for a few years. Last December I decided I needed to make some lifestyle changes. I was over 300lbs and feeling terrible. I have high blood pressure & pre-diebetes. I knew I needed to make some changes. So I started doing intermittent fasting and using MFP to track my eating. I have lost 70 lbs so far and my AC1 has gone from 6.1 to 5.2. And I feel great. I started keto in August because I hit a plateau. And it has been working. I have been helping Melinda as co-captain when I can. If you'd like you can send me a friend request and my diary is open.

Welcome everyone & good luck!
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Lorianncorrea
    PW 230.4
    CW 231.4

My goal for December is to be more consistent. I have been losing & gaining the same 5 lbs for the last 2 months. I need to weigh & track my food, thats when I'm the most successful. I want to be 225 by the end of Dec.
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    I'll have to weigh myself tomorrow because I forgot to do it before I had breakfast this morning. :D
This discussion has been closed.