Trimstones - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• dawnw990
    dawnw990 Posts: 13 Member
    Caratach wrote: »
    When I walk outdoors, I listen to a good audiobook. That's the only time I listen to it.
    When I walk indoors, I watch a show I like that I'm only allowed to watch on treadmill.

I love listening to audiobooks as well! Currently listening to Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine.

• dawnw990
    its a really fun book.. i keep laughing out loud while listening and walking.. do you guys have any good walking audiobooks??
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member

JoDavo66
    Sunday Weigh in
    PW:222
    CW: 222
    LTD: 0
    TOTAL: +1

Devastated. I had much better week!
    I can only hope it's water.
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    PW: 212.4
    CW: 209.1
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    JoDavo66
    Sunday Weigh in
    PW:222
    CW: 222
    LTD: 0
    TOTAL: +1

Devastated. I had much better week!
    I can only hope it's water.

@JoDavo66 I have you listed as a Wednesday weigh day...I have updated last Wednesday with the above information. If you want to switch to Sunday, please advise and i will switch you for next week (wk 3). Jessica
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    dawnw990 wrote: »
    its a really fun book.. i keep laughing out loud while listening and walking.. do you guys have any good walking audiobooks??

I don't have any audiobooks that I listen to but I listen to podcasts while I walk.
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    I love listening to audio books as well! Anything by Terry Pratchett is good for a laugh 🙂
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Dailyzey
    PW 169
    CW 168
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    OMG, So sorry I have been quiet, I have been SOOOO busy. Im working my full time job of course, but there is now covid in the facility that is my part time job. 1/4 of the staff have covid and the majority of the residents (Its a memory care unit, so keeping them separated is nearly impossible unfortunately) So since I have already had Covis, and they are super short, I am a hot commodity. Therefor I have been picking up there also, so I worked 24 hours in the past 2 days there, so thats where I have been.

I woke up at my usualy 430, got ready for my workout, I was dragging, my feet hurt so bad, and I seen the snow outside and I just couldnt do it. So I poored a cup of coffee and watched the news, lol.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    I hope you get a little bit of down time soon @angmarie28. I have not have COVID but know the short staff feeling. My hospital is very short and no one seems to be wanting to pick up the extra hours I think fearing getting ill so I've been working a lot of OT. The pay is great but it's starting to catch up to me.
  • angmarie28
    @jenready well luckily I work in a school also and christmas break starts next week. Not sure how much I want to or will work at my second job, but I do like the extra money
  • angmarie28
    12/11-14,254
    12/12-15,207
    12/13-10,982
  • jessicakrall8
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    12/11-14,254
    12/12-15,207
    12/13-10,982

@angmarie28 Hang in there gal and don't overwork yourself...I hear COVID can revisit you, so please be careful...

Check your dates on the stats...I'm missing your steps for the 10th...let me know! Take care!
    Jessica
  • dawnw990
    Dawnw990
    Monday weigh in

Pw 133
    Cw 132

Been doing a better job of tracking my food. This group is helping me to stay motivated and get in my steps. Have a great week team
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Steps

12/12: 4,240
    12/13: 5,739
    12/14: 4,763
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Hello Trimstones! I'll have the report from the F2F survey done tonight so we can see what ideas people have come up with. If you have not done it yet, it is still open -
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NDQHF22

I'll close it tonight. Thanks to everyone who participates!
  • angmarie28
    12/14-9,556
  • jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Wed Weigh-in
    PW: 322.3
    CW: 319.6
    LTD: 60.4 lbs
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    F2F Survey Report (a bit long, but please read!)

A big thank you to all the people who responded to our survey! Sixty-four responses were submitted. There was a lot of love, and many great ideas. Here are the highlights and some insights into how you can get even more out of F2F:

First of all, over 96% of you find that being on one of the F2F teams has helped you lose weight and improve fitness, 41% consistently and 56% at least some of the time. This is great! Most people are active in the team chats, and enjoy them as the best part of F2F.

The full group challenges are used by about half of the respondents. There are a few people who are not aware of them, or just get frustrated with MFP navigation. I know that navigating around the different areas of F2F can be tricky, especially if you are using a phone or tablet, but if you all bookmark/mark as favorite the F2F “home” page, you can find everything from there more easily. Here it is:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Full group challenges are meant to be optional, so there is no problem if you don’t have time or they do not interest you. We try to vary them as much as possible. Some people would like more fitness-based challenges, especially if they include modifications for those who need them. We’ll keep this in mind! If you have other suggestions, they are always welcome in the Idea Lounge (get there from the main page link above).

Internal team challenges also get about a 50% thumbs up (step teams, etc.) and some people would like to see more of that, others find it just clutters up the chat thread. Keep reading for some ideas on how to improve your experience if you are not feeling like your team does it for you!

One of F2Fs strengths is the openness to different approaches, ways of supporting one another, ages, levels, and general styles. A few people who answered the survey were unhappy with what I would call the team style or “feel”. Too much chat, not enough chat, too many challenges, not enough, too strict, too open - you get the idea. If you are feeling any of those things, please take some time to read the other team chats. Just browse through a few days of each, and see if there is one that fits your own style better than where you are. A change of team is always possible, and sometimes gives renewed energy and feeling more “at home”. Never hesitate to ask for a change if you want to give that a try!

If you want to make your team even better, go ahead and suggest some ideas. See what your teammates think, get involved, and you will improve your own weight loss while helping others. Don’t just wait for the captains to do everything :-)

A couple other problems people encountered that can’t really be fixed easily:
    • Tracking difficult? Not sure what this means. Members do not need to track - only post weekly weigh-ins. If you have any problem, please ask on the team chat or by message. I’m sure it can be made clearer.
    • Too many new people on the team at the beginning of each month. No one likes it when this happens. This is why it is super important to make new people feel welcome, have their posts answered, spend some time chatting with them so they do not feel like strangers and don’t just disappear. No team needs new members if no one leaves… it is in everyone’s interest to build a community where you only need a couple of new people from time to time. The first week each month is the key to keeping members, but sometimes it just isn't the right moment, or they signed up for too many things. It happens - so do your best to keep them, and don't sweat it too much if they decide to leave.

Some new ideas that might be fun:
    • Body measurements instead of just weight - maybe monthly?
    • Full group thread on how to set goals, kind of a step-by-step
    • Weekly milestones? Habit tracker record for the week, fitness goals accomplished, etc.
    Some things that are already there, but people asked:
    • Maintenance chat - there is one! Called “Goal Zone” - check it out! Link from main page.
    • Full group discussion threads - check out the Idea Lounge (can be ANY kind of ideas), and the Recipe thread.
    • Buddies - feel free to set this up with anyone on your team, or if you want to know who has which fitness tracker, there is a thread on the main page for that as well.
    OK - now is the time to keep F2F going strong. It is so encouraging to hear all the positive feedback, and the suggestions are useful! Yes, MFP makes some things annoying (where IS that search function we used to have???) but we can make F2F one of its shiny corners. Thanks again :heart:
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    [qoute] @JoDavo66 I have you listed as a Wednesday weigh day...I have updated last Wednesday with the above information. If you want to switch to Sunday, please advise and i will switch you for next week (wk 3). Jessica[/quote]

I'm really confused as to why I'm down as a Wednesday weigh-in. Been doing Sunday since the start.
    Yes please put me down as Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.