Like Minded Lushes - Fall/Winter 2020

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Nice! I like the ocean views from my apartment but no outside access-it's the 4th/top floor and no patio or anything!
    It was just my husband and I for Thanksgiving, but we went to Carmel for a night and did see some of Big Sur and McWay falls, so pretty down there.
    It will just be us for Christmas too. But we can work from home and so we are lucky. We miss family and traveling, which we had to travel to see family so none of that. And I don't think that anything about 2021 will be different right away but it will be good to say good bye to this year!
    I ordered another virtual beer fest for Christmas and the beers came today. Lots of ales and some stouts and porters.
    I for a couple of weeks I did no beer, I had mixed drinks on Friday and wine on Saturday.
    But last week it was like,
    Me on Sunday: I am not drinking til Friday
    Wednesday
    Mike: are you drinking wine out of pint glass?

yes, but it was a wine spritzer! I mixed red wine with la croix :p
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi Amy! Wine out of a pint glass works for me :D

Happy Holidays lushes. :heart:
    Our son has quarantined for 10 days and arrives tomorrow after working a half day. My cousin and her husband canceled their plans to come due to our state restrictions on hotel stays. So it'll just be the 3 of us. We'll zoom with the other 15 or so family members. I'm grateful to at least have our son here and have decided to relax in the stress free celebration. I'm usually in the kitchen 24/7 during this time of year but I'll watch movies and kick my son's a*$ in backgammon instead :p (Getting a small honey baked ham for Christmas Eve and we'll grill some filet mignon on Xmas day. I'll make a few side dishes and the husband's favorite cheesecake)

I hope you are healthy and as happy as you can be during these crazy times. I agree with Amy, 2021 probably won't get much better for quite some time, but let's hope by Spring we can see the light out of this dark hole we're all in.

In the meantime, lush away (or not!) Whatever works.
    Merry Christmas!
    Happy Holidays!
    :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Looks like we all survived the holidays. So happy to be in 2021, and am optimistic about things improving.

My dad, who is 91, has begun to fail. We got him on hospice two weeks ago. Fortunately I only live 5 minutes away so I am able to respond when falls occur, and to help my mom move him to the commode etc.

Yesterday a hospital bed was put in the living room and he is able to control sitting up to eat and watch tv. He still used the bedside commode, but each day he gets a little weaker, and we expect him to become completely bed bound.

I have several brothers and a sister in the area and we will take turns spending the night on the couch and attend to his needs throughout the night. My turn is tonight.

Hospice has been a godsend. Anything we need they respond the same or next day.

Wishing you all a very wonderful new year. :flower for you:
  • SoCalWoman
    Oh Gary <3 Such a difficult time to go through but I'm so glad you've got the support of hospice and family.

If you need to vent, you know where to find me :*
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    So sorry about your dad, Gary!
    Happy New Year, Everyone. I think we can be grateful and hopeful, even if there isn't anything better right away. Grateful and hopeful are my "intentions" since I don't make resolutions anymore.
    I did start a 10-day cleanse. No booze, of course, just lean protein and vegetables of the non-starchy kind. I was pretty well fed coming into it so it's not too bad on day 2 but will probably start to suck pretty soon.
  • ryzeman
    I am friends on FaceBook with Robin, one of the groups founding members.
    She said she lost her big brother to cancer.

Robin, very sorry for the loss of your brother! <3
  • SoCalWoman
    Oh no! Is she retired now, Gary? So much of her stress seemed to come from her job. I hope she was able to get away from that situation. Give her my best if you post to her.

Amy, how'd the cleanse go? I'm actually toying with the idea of a dry February (shortest month!) But then again, we're in a pandemic and I freaking love my red wine...so yeah. Maybe I just do 2 weeks until the 14th which is our anniversary.

Hope all's well with everyone <3
  • SoCalWoman
    P.S. Enjoying winter in the desert here!

3xj9ni8xh9x8.jpg
  • ryzeman
    Syd- Valentines Day anniversary- awwww how romantic!

The picture is beautiful! Tell me that it is from your place!
  • SoCalWoman
    Yes, from our complex (not the view from my backyard) This is what I see on my walk in our neighborhood. <3
    9rf8ji2wui24.jpg
  • ryzeman
    Unbeatable scenery! I can see why you love Palm Springs so much!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Wow, what beautiful pictures. You're making me jealous!!
    Meanwhile, this is my latest outdoor picture:
    c2qh72uqqif4.jpg
  • ryzeman
    Ann- looks COLD. Even the fire looks cold, lol. Beautiful picture. Is it your back yard?
  • SoCalWoman
    Brrrr! It looks so pretty in pics
  • amcanzo
    edited February 2021
    Nope, not our backyard. That picture is "up north" about 2.5 hours from our house to the in-laws 2nd home. It's right on a small lake, 10 acres of woods. It's very pretty but very cold at this time of the year! Our yard also is covered in snow at the moment but the hot tub helps it feel warmer!! :)
    No palm trees though!! :'(
  • SoCalWoman
    Apparently it's National Son's day. So I'm posting this pic of my son he sent me today. He just finished hiking down and back up the Grand Canyon (not in 1 day) Ah to be young and adventurous, eh?? :D

Hope everyone is well
  • ryzeman
    very cool pic of your son Syd!
    Hope everyone is doing ok!
  • amcanzo
    Awesome picture Syd!
    Your young man is very handsome :)
    This is my grandbaby Kylinn
    v6d1io0p5bc1.jpg
  • ryzeman