Apple Watch activity not going into MFP

Options
momofL
momofL Posts: 1 Member
I had a Misfit a while ago and that synced beautifully with MFP but my Apple Watch does not. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong, or does MFP simply not sync well with the Apple watch?

Just an FYI too, I had a Fitbit for a while between my Misfit and the Apple Watch. It did not track the things I did well as well at all.
The only problem with my Apple Watch is that it often does not track my BPM. That number goes dim and at the end of my activity, it does not have a graph of BPM and sometimes does not calculate an average BPM either. I have spoken to them at Apple but so far have no solution. It's annoying because I am older and the heart rate is important for me, I want to make sure I am getting into the cardio zone.

Replies

• la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My Apple Watch and MFP communicate well through the Apple Health app. I have had no issues. Maybe look at another app that may work with both like the MapMyFitness.
  • keengkong
    keengkong Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but as far as I can tell, Apple Health doesn’t communicate to Myfitnesspal the total calories burned. Apple Health communicates the extra calories burned by exercise if one uses the Workout app. I would like something that would work like Fitbit where it provides with extra calories based upon me burning more than anticipated by my myfitnesspal settings.