Weight No More - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    My highest weight ever was 179 about three years ago. I am now right around 160 give or take 2-3 pounds. I want to get to 145 but no time line just yet.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! I am both of these ladies. I often but my mouth in gear before I put my brain in gear.
    I have gained more weigh in the last 2 months than in the last several years. Obviously I know why. I just signed up for the habit tracker and I asked to be placed out of maintenance and back in to the weight loss group for January. One of my resolutions is to be more active in January in this group.

Welcome to all the new members and I wish all of you a year of health and happiness.

wyl4krb9p9z8.png
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    I joined Silver Sneakers yesterday and have a yoga class scheduled for today and again Tuesday. The only exercise classes I have done before were water aerobics. I am a bit leery of this because my balance is always off, but yoga is supposed to help with balance. I can only hope it helps.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all,

Weigh in for going ape!
    Previous weight - 145.6
    Current weight - 149.8
    Gain of: 4.2

Well I wasn’t able to meet my goal of maintaining 145/146 for Christmas. I struggled with all the chocolates, cookies and pie. I’m getting back to it, slipped a little last night with late snacking. 😂

On the plus side, last night I spent a bunch of time updating my planner for the new year. So I’m feeling ready in that regard. I’m going to start using the F2F habit tracker again as well. I think using different tools will help me re-commit to continuing my loss and not back-sliding any more.

I’ve gotten my measurements done, my sis helped me. I haven’t been tracking this yet so it will be interesting to see changes in those versus scale changes. I’m going to take them quarterly.

@minstrelofsarcasm my highest weight ever was 223. That’s four or so pounds off my mfp weight.

Welcome to all the new members! I’m excited for 2021 and making our dreams our new realities!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    I'm not sure if today is the day to update my weight since I chosen Friday as my weigh in day or is it next week?

Your first weigh-in is next week! This week is still the last week of December for F2F.

rachelrjh wrote: »
    Highest Weight: 196 lbs
    Starting Weight: 153.5
    Current Weight: 154

I will take that as a maintain.

I’m curious how long did it take you to go from 196 to 154? I topped at 198 Christmas Day and I would love to be down to 154 by year’s end or sooner.

Losing 40-ish lbs in a year is more than reasonable if you're consistent. It will become more difficult as you get lighter and lighter, so expect to lose more than half of that weight in the first half of the year if you want to be on track.

I weighed 197 in February 2018, and was in the high 150s by the end of the year, although I didn't maintain that loss as well as I would have liked.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 187.3
    Cw 190
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 133.5
    Today's weight: 135.0
    Weekly Steps: 52,833
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello and Happy New Year team. My weigh in went in the wrong direction but it wasn’t a surprise to me. I’ve been totally out of wack with my eating. Not that I like to do New Year’s resolutions, but I do plan on getting back into a good eating routine. My exercise has always been good but now I’m totally committed to continue working out every day - virtual workouts with my gym. I wish I could eat like a “normal “ person, but I just don’t. I’m a really extreme person. All or nothing- and I can’t seem to change that as much as I try - other than to eliminate certain foods completely from my diet.

Everyone have a great day 😀
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    @Cafelelia sorry to see you leave.
    @cyndiesstuff glad your back.

Welcome new team members.

Not surprised with my weight, always goes down then back up. If by the end of January I see no progress I am going to call a nutritionist. I was sitting in one of my doctor's appointments the other day and they had a sign up that there is a new department for weight loss. Surgical and nonsurgical. I'm going for non. I figured my weight might go back up this week. I had no water, only when I was exercising, I wasn't eating right, 2 meals a day but the second one I would double up on food. I was a little stressed this week. My son had a little medical emergency on Sunday and it kind of threw me off for the week. Also a little more alcohol than I would have drank. I have started focusing, I went food shopping and bought fruits and veggies, I did buy one snack because I figured if I had nothing I might go to the store and go a little crazy, I haven't touched it yet. Today I went to zumba, made chicken in the crockpot, and I am on my 5th cup of water, i even put fruit in it.

My highest weight has been 198, I did get down to 166 a few years ago. Back in the day I did weigh 130 which I would love to weigh again.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Happy New Year! The January Team Chat thread is OPEN :smiley:

Please continue to post weigh-ins for Friday and Saturday here.

Run over to the new thread to introduce yourselves all over again and start a great new year! May your first weigh-in of the year be your highest.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819656/weightnomore-january-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Hello Everyone!

There have been a few updates to how we record weights in the spreadsheet, namely a tracker for everyone's Loss-to-Date so that the moderators and the leadership team can keep track of milestones. In order to do this for everyone, I am requesting everyone's highest weights, whether that's where you started on MFP, where you started with F2F, or some other time in your life.

While you do not need to provide this value, it does help with the numerical analysis of everyone's weights and assists in properly congratulating people for their accomplishments.

Big Welcome to @lemonaid7 and @justmeagain275x !!!! Let us know if you have any questions about the group, how F2F works, how to participate, etc. Your first weigh-in will be on the new Team Weight No More thread next week on the day you chose when you registered with the group.

Hi Ashley, Mine is 177.4 lbs :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean
    annliz23 wrote: »
    I'm back goodness knows what happened but I couldn't get on here all day since my cat jumped on my iPad.

Happy new years everyone!

Happy New Year, Ann!
  • 1theresamcvean
    You have a new member heading your way .... Please welcome @BlueSkyNomad :)

Welcome @BlueSkyNomad
  • 1theresamcvean
    @minstrelofsarcasm My highest weight is 97.4kg / 214.7lbs as of this morning :/

It was 95.7kg couple of days ago so I'm hope that some of the increase is water...

I use Garmin for my step count and walking so joined Stage 1 of the year long walking challenge to motivate myself.

I'm not sure if today is the day to update my weight since I chosen Friday as my weigh in day or is it next week?

Thank you

Hi Agii, Your first weight in will be next Friday our January page, which goes up on Sunday. We'll share a link to show you the way. Time to get rid of that water. :wink:
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited January 2021
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    I joined Silver Sneakers yesterday and have a yoga class scheduled for today and again Tuesday. The only exercise classes I have done before were water aerobics. I am a bit leery of this because my balance is always off, but yoga is supposed to help with balance. I can only hope it helps.

I'm sure yoga will help with balance, Patsy. I have Meniere's Disease and balance is a major issue. You'll do great! Let me know how it goes. I've got my grandson hooked on yoga. He's one and a half. I got him a little yellow yoga mat and some flashcards with little children striking yoga poses. He was thrilled with it. He makes his mom and I do tree pose all the time. All. The. Time.

Here he is on his first day. He's a couple steps behind but really has good form.
    cob33c5ejbf6.jpg
  • 1theresamcvean
    @minstrelofsarcasm My highest weight is 97.4kg / 214.7lbs as of this morning :/

It was 95.7kg couple of days ago so I'm hope that some of the increase is water...

I use Garmin for my step count and walking so joined Stage 1 of the year long walking challenge to motivate myself.

Thank you

Hi Agii, Your first weight in will be next Friday our January page, which goes up on Sunday. We'll share a link to show you the way. Time to get rid of that water. :wink:

p.s. I meant, 'now you have time to get rid of that water.' The version above could be construed as a bit bossy.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Weigh Day
    Week 5
    Previous weight: 148.5
    Today's weight: 150.0
    Loss to date: 27.4

Not a bad weigh-in. I really took the holidays off. It was a much-needed rest. I'm definitely bloated but happy overall.

Looking forward to a healthy January!
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited January 2021
    lm7d6aloyhyi.jpg

@melaniedscott I made the black-eyed peas with ham hocks and collard greens. I used a NY Times recipe. Thanks for the new New Years' tradition!

Feels pretty good for a Canadian. This isn't a thing I'd heard of but when I went to the vegetable market, the collard greens were at the front of the display, and ham hocks were on sale at the grocery store. I guess I've been in the dark on this one.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    ... I wish I could eat like a “normal “ person, but I just don’t.

I don't really think there is any such thing as eating like a 'normal' person. We're all just us.
    @1theresamcvean Your grandson is really too cute. I had a dog and have interacted with other people's dogs off and on for years but I'd never understood the updog/downdog name until my sister died and I spent a lot of time with her wife--her dog did both all the time and it was hilarious. I stopped calling her by her name and started calling her Yogadog.

Happy New Year! Let's all hope 2021 is substantially better than it's predascesor. We decided to have a Chinese buffet last night and have a ridiculous amount of leftovers. I probably over did it a bit but not much over maintenace. We used to have a party every year with all manner of snacks and beverages, games & movies but quit about 10 years back. We decided to do a 2 person party and have spent the day playing games, watching movies and eating snacks (some healthy, some less so). Back on the wagon tomorrow.

We got a good sized snow over night and today. We may go out and take snow & Xmas lights pictures tomorrow. If I do, I'll post one maybe.

Again, welcome to all the new people!

@minstrelofsarcasm my highest was ~230 or 233.
  • 1theresamcvean
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    ... I wish I could eat like a “normal “ person, but I just don’t.

I don't really think there is any such thing as eating like a 'normal' person. We're all just us.
    @1theresamcvean Your grandson is really too cute. I had a dog and have interacted with other people's dogs off and on for years but I'd never understood the updog/downdog name until my sister died and I spent a lot of time with her wife--her dog did both all the time and it was hilarious. I stopped calling her by her name and started calling her Yogadog.

Happy New Year! Let's all hope 2021 is substantially better than it's predascesor. We decided to have a Chinese buffet last night and have a ridiculous amount of leftovers. I probably over did it a bit but not much over maintenace. We used to have a party every year with all manner of snacks and beverages, games & movies but quit about 10 years back. We decided to do a 2 person party and have spent the day playing games, watching movies and eating snacks (some healthy, some less so). Back on the wagon tomorrow.

We got a good sized snow over night and today. We may go out and take snow & Xmas lights pictures tomorrow. If I do, I'll post one maybe.

Again, welcome to all the new people!

@minstrelofsarcasm my highest was ~230 or 233.

Every morning my dog does a downward dog. If I was awake enough, I'd take a picture of it for you. Ahhh, LOL.
This discussion has been closed.