TEAM: Gutbusters (January)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215. or Krystal @Krysless2.

Replies

• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi team! Excited to start this month off with you all! My name is Megan, I've been a member of this group on and off (mostly on) for over a year now! I am excited to reconnect with my health, mental and physical.
    I have been maintaining a 50+ loss for about 20 years, but am up a few after the holidays. (As usual!)
    My January will be alcohol and added sugar free; that always helps me feel my best.
    Looking forward to connecting with all of you!

@Keepingtrack1234
    January week 1
    PW: 140.8
    CW: 143
    My "happy" weight is 138/9ish, so that's where I hope to land after a couple weeks of rededicating myself to my health.
  • cdnlaxmom
    cdnlaxmom Posts: 12 Member
    Hi Team!
    So a little about me. I'm Shannon from Ontario, Canada. I am 39 years old, married and have 4 kids (14,9,7,4). I have lost weight before but always seem to fall back into my old bad habits, especially emotional eating. When things get stressful, getting myself something in a drive thru always seemed to be a quick fix....I know not good. Anyways we are on another lockdown until the 28th here so I am at home with husband and all 4 kids for all of January. Not sure how to reduce stress during this time but luckily no going out shopping and stopping off for some fast food haha.

Starting off with a weight of 235.8 which is the heaviest I have been (even with 4 pregnancies). Looking forward to meeting you all and reaching my goals :)
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    Hi Ashley @AB0215 and Krystal @Krysless2 ,

Please add me back to the team.
    Starting Weight 168.0
    Weigh-in Day : Saturday

Thank you,
    Teresa
  • vjsky
    vjsky Posts: 24 Member
    PW 181
    CW 180
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Hello, Hello!! My name is Jason, and I live in Missouri, USA. I am husband and father of 6. My oldest is 19 and my youngest is 5 (will be 6 on January 5th!)

I have been in and out, off and on with this group many times. Unfortunately, I am very hard on myself, and and my worst enemy. When I get down because I messed up a day, I get very very down. :-(

I will try to do my best for you all and, especially, for me. This is month 2 in a row here. WE can do this!

TTYL!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Hello, Hello!! My name is Jason, and I live in Missouri, USA. I am husband and father of 6. My oldest is 19 and my youngest is 5 (will be 6 on January 5th!)

I have been in and out, off and on with this group many times. Unfortunately, I am very hard on myself, and and my worst enemy. When I get down because I messed up a day, I get very very down. :-(

I will try to do my best for you all and, especially, for me. This is month 2 in a row here. WE can do this!

TTYL!

@BEASTFIELD314 Hey Jason! I know what you mean about being hard on yourself, I do it too and it's led me down a dark path. But as I'm learning, forgiveness is key! Forgive yourself if you have a bad day and pick it back up the next day! One bad day can't destroy all our progress, we just have to get back up the next day!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,145 Member
    Hello all!
    I'm new to the Biggest Loser group and just learned I'm a member of Gutbusters. How appropriate, since I have a big gut. :smile: I thought I might get added to Big Butt Theory, because I'm at about 45% body fat, and I imagined Gutbusters as a bunch of people with 6-pack abs. :D

My name is Frank (obviously), I'm 71 years old, 6'1" tall and weighed 281.6 on Jan 1st (Fridays are my weigh-in day). I weighed 218 in 1984 when I graduated from college (at age 35!). I gained weight steadily from that date until I peaked at 330 last July 10th when I started my latest weight loss effort. Several years ago, I did go from 320 to 270, but then gained it all back and then some. I set out on July 10th with the goal to lose 100 pounds by July 10th, 2021, and I'm nearly half way there!

My preferred activities are swimming and biking. I'd love to be able to run (like I did in college), but my knees are too shot for that now (I actually have one artificial knee). So now, I ride a stationary recumbent bike mostly, with some resistance training as well. As I lose weight, I'm finding it less painful to walk, so I've been using a treadmill to slowly rebuild my atrophied leg/hip muscles, and hopefully I'll be able to take walks again one of these days.
    I also just joined the "Breath: 30 Day Yoga Journey" by "Yoga With Adriene", and I'd like to get back into doing Tai Chi.

Well, that's more than enough for now! This is the first time I've tried this kind of group challenge. I'm looking forward to it!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hey Team Gutbusters! I thought I’d stop by to introduce myself!🤗 My name is Krystal and I’ve been a part of the The Biggest Loser challenge off and on for sometime now and just recently I started assisting Ashley or @AB0215 with the spreadsheets. I wanted to show my face real quick and let you all know that I happen to be on here daily either looking for motivation or just making sure the challenge is running smoothly within all of the Team threads. Because I am in here so often, its easy for me to catch a small error before it snowballs into a bigger one! With that being said your Captains are the best! and they are still your best resource when you need them! I feel like I’m more like the TBL mechanic who may randomly pop in to say “Hey I changed the oil” or “Hey I changed your Weigh in Date as per your request”. I may even just drop by to ask about an interesting post or to give someone words of encouragement when they are needed.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and send me a message if you would like. I can’t tell you enough how much I appreciate this challenge, it has changed my life and I want to do anything I can to keep it going strong!
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Username: Beastfield314
    Weigh in week: January, Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 166.4 lbs
    Today's Weight: 167.2 lbs

Alrighty - here we go again. A little up from last weigh in, but between Christmas and New Years, I am ok with that. Went out and got some 10 pound weights (to start with) and will do some strength training this go around. See if that makes a difference. Hope everyone is having a great day!

TTL-J
  • frankwbrown
    @Krysless2 , @AB0215
    Can I change my weigh in day from Friday to Sunday? I weigh daily anyway, and it happens that January 31st is a Sunday, so that seems fitting.
  • frankwbrown
    Username: frankwbrown
    Weigh in week: January, week 1
    Previous week's weight: 286
    Today's weight: 280.8
  • HelloDori123
    HelloDori123 Posts: 10 Member
    Username: HelloDori123
    Weigh in week: January, week 1
    Previous week's weight: 197.2
    Today's weight: 194.9
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Ebru, I'm from the inland Northwest. I was with the Gutbusters in 2018 and lost about 35 lbs. Then I gained 15 back and joined the team again in Feb 2020, lost some more, then Covid hit.

I really want my health back. I'll be focusing on sleep + stress management, water intake, and carb control (T2D since 2018).

Good to be back.
  • nekishaearly637
    nekishaearly637 Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2021
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW 203
    CW 200.3
  • NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member
    Happy New Year everyone:
    NationalCapital
    Monday (today)
    PW 180
    CW 172.

Cheers and best regards.
  • frankwbrown
    @Krysless2 , @AB0215
    Can I change my weigh in day from Friday to Sunday? I weigh daily anyway, and it happens that January 31st is a Sunday, so that seems fitting.

@Krysless2 , @AB0215
    Please just ignore this, okay? I see the spreadsheet has Friday as my weigh in day, and that's fine. In fact, I think I prefer that, now that I understand how this works. Sorry for the flip-flop.
  • Krysless2
    @Krysless2 , @AB0215

@Krysless2 , @AB0215
    Please just ignore this, okay? I see the spreadsheet has Friday as my weigh in day, and that's fine. In fact, I think I prefer that, now that I understand how this works. Sorry for the flip-flop.
    Ok, you have been officially ignored! 😉
    This is like a trial and error month for you sometimes the errors move on to the next month so don’t hesitate to reach out again if you need.
  • username252020
    username252020 Posts: 12 Member
    Hey guys, I’m C!
    Some of the other teams are doing daily check-ins for accountability/a mini challenge I’m wondering if anyone here would like to try that? Help keep each other on track!
    Mostly they’re doing the ultimate accountability challenge which i think is based on another mfp group but @amyg1982 over in Run Track Minds has her team doing this daily post if they want to:

Daily Post (day)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Under/over
    Exercise: yes/no or what you did
    Day: how your day went, any specific challenges/successes

And you can add anything you track specifically too. For example you track steps add steps, water intake add water etc.

I’ll go first let me know what you guys think!
  • username252020
    username252020 Posts: 12 Member
    Daily Post - Jan 5th
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under (actually spot on)
    Exercise: Yes, yoga! I’m trying a 30 day challenge on YouTube by yoga with Adriene, today was day 4
    Day: My day was generally alright nothing exciting happened, I had trouble with snacking on some of the Christmas chocolates left at work but the nice ones are all gone now so I hopefully won’t give in to the temptation again tomorrow.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

(If this has been said and I’ve missed it I’m sorry please ignore me)
  • Krysless2
    Hey guys, I’m C!
    Some of the other teams are doing daily check-ins for accountability/a mini challenge I’m wondering if anyone here would like to try that? Help keep each other on track!
    Mostly they’re doing the ultimate accountability challenge which i think is based on another mfp group but @amyg1982 over in Run Track Minds has her team doing this daily post if they want to:

Daily Post (day)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Under/over
    Exercise: yes/no or what you did
    Day: how your day went, any specific challenges/successes

And you can add anything you track specifically too. For example you track steps add steps, water intake add water etc.

I’ll go first let me know what you guys think!

@jillsmith8297 @looneycatblue @Keepingtrack1234

This discussion has been closed.