Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    Who is back in the pool?? Ours opened last Thursday so I am trying to go daily this week to get back into it!

And we are still closed. I think they are rather over whelmed with everything else they now need to micro-manage so had to make a hard decision on some facilities and the pool with it's multiple change rooms was the hardest to manage, clean and create isolation zones. Plus they probably got hit with a big increase in 2nd party liability insurance premiums.

Pool envy for all those who have chlorine bathing suits and towels.

10 months with no swimming
    Curling Club closed - insurance would have tripled so not economically viable.
    Gyms closed - open - closed - open etc.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Pools and open water sites now locked down here, so nothing even approximating swimming going on in the UK atm. Sigh.
    Raking leaves really is no substitute. A necessary evil, but no substitute!
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's so sad to read of the closed lap pools. ☹️
    I can understand the issues with the changing rooms. Our Y closed the locker room showers and limited locker room use.
    Before a swim, I'm already in my suit, so I go directly to the pool deck, hang my bag on a hook, peel off my street clothes and swim.
    We have seven "family" changing rooms with showers that they "clean." I use one sometimes to change after a swim. More often I'd wrap a towel around my waist, put on my shirt and jacket and leave.

Do yoga while you wait for the world to beat COVID. This isn't easy, but you can go the distance.
    Peace.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Yup. Now in Tier 4 Lockdown - no indoor sports facilities to open. So. Any exercise advice?

Awww!!!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @skinnyrev2b :( My pool and gym have been closed since mid-March. I have tried to keep up my activity level, but it's only led to stress/overuse injuries. Too much walking or running and my knees act up. Too much rowing, and my form is crummy, so my back acts up. I started my body weight app in March and crashed onto a wooden chair because I was getting tired. I cannot put into words how much I miss my swimming. I've lost so much, not the least of which was core strength, pelvic floor, in particular :neutral: I have no idea when they will open up again. Summer at the earliest is my guess. In the meantime, I'm back to losing the 10 pounds of Covid weight, but with very few calories/day because of my inability to get much cardio in...

Hang in there. You'll be back and itll eventually feel like you never left
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    ElBence wrote: »
    My totals for 2020

7yexbs26hevc.jpg

Zooming. Very Impressive
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    10,000 m swam last week in 3 swims. As my day swims get longer (3,300m), I'm beginning to lose some motivation and miss my music player whose charger ive misplaced somewhere in the house!

But for recognition of all those whosevpools are closed, I'm keeping on swimming and keeping the swimming torch burning, even as we wait for the rest of y'all to get back in the pool with us!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Thanks AQ! Very magnanimous of you :/:D;)
    I've been walking daily with the OH, and daily yoga. Whilst I'm still dreaming of getting back in the pool, the walls are at least putting me back in touch with my hubby, and the yoga is increasing core strength and flexibility, so I shouldn't be too far off the pace when I eventually return...
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    10,000 m last week in 3 difficult swims
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Thanks AQ! Very magnanimous of you :/:D;)
    I've been walking daily with the OH, and daily yoga. Whilst I'm still dreaming of getting back in the pool, the walls are at least putting me back in touch with my hubby, and the yoga is increasing core strength and flexibility, so I shouldn't be too far off the pace when I eventually return...

Good to hear 👏👏
  • kayak4water
    Options

A core workout will help swim a smooth, powerful butterfly! May your waters welcome you soon!
  • kayak4water
    Options
    It snows enough to stick about once a year here. The city's one snow plow did its job. At the YMCA I had my pick of the lanes. All the world's problems melt away, when you can get in the water and thrash.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Oooooo, I so miss it!
    Am now adding in Resistance band training, so my Fly's will be epic (at least, my kind of Epic - not you swim-gods! ;) )
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    My pool is open with every other lane clos3d and you have to make 30 minute appointments .
    I swam 5 miles last week and 2 miles so far this week. I have had my shot and locker rooms are no problem.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    My pool re-opened but you have to book a private swim lesson $20.00/45mins.
    Essentially the pool is closed since that's out of the budget range in a hurry.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    yesterday 1 mile @ $8 minutes
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Swam 11,000 meters in 4 swims this week
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    My pool re-opened but you have to book a private swim lesson $20.00/45mins.
    Essentially the pool is closed since that's out of the budget range in a hurry.

Woah 🙆‍♂️
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    10 km swum this week in 4 daily swims!
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Got in the uni pool today for the first time in a month: 20 min swim and 10 min playing with my kids.