Monthly Post for January 2021

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,545 Member
Happy New Year! I hope everyone is healthy and well this year!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to you too!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Need to get rid of some leftovers and then it is back on full keto for us.

Have a great weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today is the first fast of the year. Since I haven't fasted in week or so, I know I am going to feel awful today, but I will be better tomorrow.
    Have a great weekend! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hello Kate and Meghan!!!!!!!
    :o
    I’ve surfaced after a long break which resulted in a 10 lb gain!
    Wow.... how ridiculous of me!!
    Sorry to leave you two without warning, just had to give in to the break! I am amazed by the determination and steady faithfulness you two display by still being here kickin’ it!!!! Hello to others too that are here.... (hopefully)

-I’m a big blob
    -2020 sucked
    -I stopped waking
    -my waist is 36” !!! :open_mouth:

My plan.... back to the basics and log my food. Also proper 5:2 like I did 5 years ago.

I’ll take some time to read over some of what I’ve missed around here.... in the meantime, thanks for carrying on the torch around here!

mama xo

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Morning all, and happy new year! It’s very cold and icy here in Ireland, which isn’t great for getting outside for a walk or run. But I’ve started doing a quick HIIT workout first thing every morning. Back on the eating plan from today, the biggest factor for me is cutting out alcohol. Please remind me that alcohol lies!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

First things first! :D

Welcome back @mamainthekitchen!! Sending hugs. 2020 sucked for A LOT of people and A LOT of reasons. Sigh... You got this!

@KateNkognito hope your fist fast went well!

@melaniecheeks hope all is well for you and yep, put down that alcohol for a bit. You got this! Save it for a treat once in a while on the weekends. You can do it!!

I am good. Boss asked me to pop in to the office unexpectedly today, so now I am on my way! Back fully committed to my Keto WOE. Drinking my water and taking all of my supplements. :)

Have a good day and speak to you guys soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

Hope everybody had a nice Monday. I am back on track with Keto. Drinking my water and doing my typical 3pm to 9pm eating window.

Have a great day and see you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for the hugs Meghan!

Just returned from a dog walk... super blustery & rainy, so wasn’t pleasant by any means. My dog is now 10 and has had a bout with cancer a few months ago which we hope has stalled after treatments for her, but also has a sore front paw which makes our walks very slow. She gets me out though which I’m thankful for!

I batched cooked balsamic chicken and served shredded & stirred into sriracha mayo coleslaw the last few nights! @melaniecheeks , I too have been drinking more than my share! Weening myself of my stock this week!!! Ugh! Albeit slowly

Meghan, you’ve kept up with keto for well over a year now! I’d love to know how much you’ve lost doing this and wondering if your arthritis has improved because of it?
    Hope Kate is doing well?
    Have a great day people!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!!

Hey @mamainthekitchen! Yes, I have stuck to Keto since August of 2019 when we first started! During the pandemic and the lock down which for us was from mid-March to the end of May, my boyfriend and I stuck to Keto 100%. We have not set foot in a gym since last February. Due to the pandemic, we are not in a rush to get back there until we are vaccinated. Vaccinations are rolling out in our state and hopefully in a few months we should be set.

My starting weight in August of 2019 was 210. My last weight, before the holidays was 158. I would like to get down to 140. I am five foot, four inches and I wear a size 8. I also own a few size 6's in pants and shorts. Most sweaters and tops I buy are a size small.

Both my BF and I feel good and feel MUCH better when we are eating the Keto way. Just recently I decided to increase my carbs per day from 10-15g to 20g to allow some more fiber. Otherwise 1200 calories a day for me and at most 20g carbs per day.

My arthritis symptoms are pretty much non existent. Sometimes when I sit for a long time (been working from home since March) I get pain in my hip and low back. Same thing when walking a lot on iffy shoes. Otherwise feeling good and less inflamed. :)

Hope you have a good day and see you all soon!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Well done Meghan!! From 210 to 158! That’s incredible, you must feel like a brand new person! Lock downs etc are preventing many from indoor exercising... I’m not a gym goer but I do have a large weight machine in my garage and I stopped doing all my exercise (walking with no dog too) way back last May!! Ugh! You’re very lucky to have a partner who eats the same. That’s where I get lost... making several different types of dinners. Adding potatoes or pasta for him and I’m left feeling like I’m doing without something. Now that I’ve gained back weight because of caving, I feel so sluggish tired and just pain fat! I’m 5’6” and feel gross at 170 lbs! I’m looking for a new pair of runners and need to walk, once I drop some poundage I’ll get back into weight training. I just need to look after myself first. That’s my whole problem, I don’t prioritize me. Weird how, for me, i don’t just fall off the wagon, but I roll down the hill, hit the rock at the side of the road and knock myself out!! I’ve already dusted myself off! Ha! I’m here... so that’s my start. Yes keto is amazing, I only did it for a month, year & half ago... I found I needed grains. But definitely feel better low carb!! I’m trying to just log what I’m eating this week, it helps to see the calories add up. I was planning on grocery shopping today for specific items that worked for me.. ie cottage cheese etc.... but there is a small cluster outbreak in my tiny community which is making me rethink that idea.... I could probs feed the fam for a month with what I’ve got in the cupboards!! I hear ya on the vaccine! Can’t come soon enough!! Thanks Meghan , your story is inspiring because you stay on it!!! Thanks girl <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I'm here! First week back to school in-person after winter break plus size weeks of remote before that. I'm just plain tired.

@melaniecheeks Welcome back! I can imagine Ireland is cold and dark this time of year. At least you can get back to fasting. :)

@mamainthekitchen Welcome back! I am sure you can get back to what works for you. You have done really well in the past. You got this!
    I am not really that special, I just found something that works for me. I have been doing alternate day fasting since June. I am down almost 30 pounds. I read a new book that suggested some tweaks to fasting and it happened to work for me. I think that is what I like the most about fasting, there are so many ways to do it that you can find something that gives you the benefits and fits you, personally.

I am off to bed. Yes, it is only 6:30. No, I don't care. :D
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Ireland is a bit snowy and magical today! Down to 163 pounds, aiming for 140. I'm 5'2. Day 4 on the Fast 800 approach, my new recipe book is on its way! It's supposed to have easier simple and quick recipes.

Last night I made a prawn nasi goreng with cauli rice, which was delicious. Tonight will be falafels with harissa roast med veg.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Quick hi for now. See you all soon... :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi all!
    Hello Kate!! Sounds like you’ve done really well doing alternate fasting.... now, by that, do you mean 500 cals one day & reg cals the next, repeat? Also glad you’re staying safe at school!! Hoping you’ve got your own classroom now!!! Xo
    @melaniecheeks ... hello to you and thanks for mentioning your stats! Your dinners sound amazing!!! Not sure what Fast 800 approach is...Assuming for so many days you do 800 cals and you’re on day 4 of that. How many days do you continue? Plus... Ireland!! How wonderful!! I’ve never been but photos or scenes in movies... looks beautiful!! I’m just a little outside Vancouver on the west coast of Canada!
    I’ve done pretty good so far today... this week I’m just getting back to remembering to log food and be mindful, next week it’ll be a 5:2 week!! Also trying to remember to log my walks AND to log off too!!
    Have a good day everyone!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen That's exactly what I am doing. But the small change that has made all the difference is that I have all 500 calories in one meal and I don't have anything else except water or green tea.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,

Happy Friday.

I weighed in this morning and am up a few pounds, due to holiday gain... It is what it is. Moving forward.

Feeling a little down today due to some family "stuff". Will sign off and plan to check in over the weekend. Stay safe and healthy all.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Very interesting Kate! Glad this is working for you.
    <3 Meghan..deep breaths & Think Pink, it’s calming

What does everyone do about nighttime nibbles?? I just bought some kale and going to try kale chips. Last night I had a handful of mixed nuts, but also made a yummy hot almond milk with some vanilla, cinnamon and few grains of cloves... yum! I know enough to make sure I’m getting enough protein... it’s just boring watching tv without nibbling! (So far anyway)

Hope everyone has a good weekend! It’s been nice back here! You guys are awesome!!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Good morning, y'all! I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. It is sunny today, but it is cold. I plan on snuggling in my blankets and getting paperwork and laundry done today. I have to clean my room this weekend like a big girl, too.

@Meghan509 I hope the family sorts themselves out. Enjoy your weekend!

@mamainthekitchen I have been sewing lately. It keeps my hands busy and out of the snacks.

@melaniecheeks I looked up your prawn recipe. I make a stir-fry that is very similar to that. Super yummy! I haven't made it in a while, maybe that will be dinner tonight. Thanks for reminding me! :)

@orlcam and anyone else lurking: I hope you are having a great new year!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks for the kind words all. <3 I have a family member who got some not so nice health related news on Thursday afternoon. We are waiting for further test results to come in. Thursday PM and Friday AM were a little tough and upsetting to say the least. Hoping for the best is all we can do for now. Will keep you updated as I know more.

I know what you mean about nighttime nibbles, @mamainthekitchen! I like to have a little "dessert" like a low carb bar, low carb cookies, nuts, or dark / sugar free chocolate. In the late afternoons, and since I am home, I will make myself a big mug of flavored coffee. We have a Keurig Machine and I buy a bunch of fun "dessert" flavors in decaf and regular, depending on the time of day! Kale chips are yummy! Let me know how they come out. Otherwise regular snacks for us are all low carb stuff like nuts, cheeses, salami, low carb dip with pork rinds or cucumber slices, etc...

@KateNkognito hope you got your cleaning done! We could use a good cleaning here. Soon! LOL

@melaniecheeks your menu and recipes always sound so yummy! Hope it came out well.

I am looking forward to making some new recipes in the Instant Pot / slow cooker this week. :)

Have a great day and see you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Nothing like fasting because you have a stomach bug. :s I hope everyone else is having a good day!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Oooo poor Kate! Hot water & lemon! Hope you feel better!!

Well I just had all my carbs for the day in one small delicious mango! I will watch calories instead today :#

I’ve lost a couple lbs from water weight, but this is my second week checking in & logging and basically getting back my grove.... this will take some time!

Thanks for your snack ideas Meghan.... i buy sugar free chocolate for my son and I love Lindt 95%!! Kale chips....washed dried then spayed with olive oil and lightly sprinkled with garlic salt & old bay seasoning!! Decent!!

Have a good day everyone!