Week 2
    PW 200.7
    CW 201
    Feels like I'm never going to get to 199 🙄😫

Amazing!! By next we
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Hi Gutbusters!
    First, a quick roll call! Please, reply with something you are focused on this week; what is your mini goal? Mine is to use my foam roller two times! What is yours?

I would love to up our team engagement; someone suggested daily check in's--please, go for it! Let's be a place where we can get a bit of support and encouragement during the day. :smile:

@jillsmith8297
    @looneycatblue
    @Beastfield314
    @cdnlaxmom
    @HelloDori123
    @nekishaearly637
    @pumpitusa
    @vjsky
    @NationalCapital
    @aknroberts
    @Anjietristine
    @Dillyg08
    @frankwbrown
    @healthygirlintransit
    @keepingtrack1234
    @Metubal
    @GloriaE2016
    @Username252020
    @Evenun88
    @shabna80
    @Colleen790
    @hebpdx
    @Novella84

Monday weigh in's from:
    @NationalCapital

Last: January week 1 results!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10820879/week-1-january-results#latest
  • NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member
    Good morning team and happy Monday.

NationalCapital
    Monday (today)
    PW 172
    CW 172.

Cheers and best regards.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,145 Member
    My goals for this week (and beyond):
    • Continue treadmill, recumbent bike, strength training (for muscle toning, not bulk), yoga.
    • Add variety to my strength training: need to work more muscles, especially stabilizer muscles.
    • Do better with my new yoga practice: Breath: A 30 Day Yoga Journey.
    • Try to also begin Qi Gong practice, with Eight Brocades.
    • Daily walks around the block.
    • Fix my bike's flat tire so I can ride outside.
    • Expand my culinary skills. I'm learning about lower carb alternatives to starchy foods: yellow pea pasta, RightRice, mashed cauliflower (instead of mashed potatoes), recipes with Almond flour, etc.
    • Non-(diet/exercise) goals: read more, play guitar more, learn more.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    My goals for this week (and beyond):
    • Continue treadmill, recumbent bike, strength training (for muscle toning, not bulk), yoga.
    • Add variety to my strength training: need to work more muscles, especially stabilizer muscles.
    • Do better with my new yoga practice: Breath: A 30 Day Yoga Journey.
    • Try to also begin Qi Gong practice, with Eight Brocades.
    • Daily walks around the block.
    • Fix my bike's flat tire so I can ride outside.
    • Expand my culinary skills. I'm learning about lower carb alternatives to starchy foods: yellow pea pasta, RightRice, mashed cauliflower (instead of mashed potatoes), recipes with Almond flour, etc.
    • Non-(diet/exercise) goals: read more, play guitar more, learn more.

LOVE THIS! I love how you are focused on being a healthier person in every way...this isn't about weight or food. It's about our emotional and spiritual well being. You're awesome and I am super inspired by this list!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,145 Member
    LOVE THIS! I love how you are focused on being a healthier person in every way...this isn't about weight or food. It's about our emotional and spiritual well being. You're awesome and I am super inspired by this list!

Thanks! :blush:
    But saying is not the same as doing... so we'll see. :D
    Yes, through conscious effort, we can all benefit our physical, emotional and spiritual well being.
    And hopefully, some of that conscious effort will over time become habit: unconscious and effortless.
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Present!

I did not get in my steps today. I ate cheeseballs for breakfast. I have not met my water goal.
    But yesterday I got many steps more then average. Yesterday I drank water. Yesterday I had an apple with peanut butter for breakfast.
    Tomorrow is a crap shoot!

Did I mention I quit smoking....lol
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Sunday
    Week 2
    PW 200.7
    CW 201
    Feels like I'm never going to get to 199 🙄😫

Omgosh so close!!! You got this!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    mmm...
    1. my focus this week is to just try to stay focused on current tasks! I am finding my mind wonder much too much lately.
    2. Working on getting back into the habit of my morning walks before heading off to work, even just 20 mins helps to get my head right for the day.
    3. Record my food/drink intake, even if I go over.
    4. Stopping by here more often to catch up on what you are all up too.
  • Keepingtrack1234
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    I'm struggling with my glucose levels. I tried metformin for 3 weeks, my sugar levels rose so high that I got scared and quit it last week. I tried it 2 years ago and the same thing happened after about 3 months.

At this point, I know that if I cannot manage a healthy sleep cycle, I won't be able to manage my diabetes. Going to bed late and/or not getting enough sleep is proven to contribute to metabolic disorders. Cortisol- insomnia-diabetes triangle is vicious.. Of course, I get hungry after 1am, and bam! comes snacking, I end up going over my calories and carbs. It is a sad cycle.

On a good note, I'm walking or working out most days.

Hope everyone is doing good!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Hi team! No weigh in's today, but would love to hear from all of you!
    I am trying so hard to bring our engagement UP (our group has the least engagement in the challenge...) to keep one another motivated. Please, take a moment to check in and share with us how you are doing. I know this is a hard time-let's be here for each other! I know I need it!

@jillsmith8297
    @looneycatblue
    @Beastfield314
    @cdnlaxmom
    @HelloDori123
    @nekishaearly637
    @pumpitusa
    @vjsky
    @NationalCapital
    @aknroberts
    @Anjietristine
    @Dillyg08
    @frankwbrown
    @healthygirlintransit
    @keepingtrack1234
    @Metubal
    @GloriaE2016
    @Username252020
    @Evenun88
    @shabna80
    @Colleen790
    @hebpdx
    @Novella84
  • looneycatblue
    mmm...
    1. my focus this week is to just try to stay focused on current tasks! I am finding my mind wonder much too much lately.
    2. Working on getting back into the habit of my morning walks before heading off to work, even just 20 mins helps to get my head right for the day.
    3. Record my food/drink intake, even if I go over.
    4. Stopping by here more often to catch up on what you are all up too.

Just checking in... So far only got a walk in on Monday, and haven't followed through on 3 & 4. My life is just extremely hectic and a bit stressful at this time, and I expect it will be the same for another few months. Mostly work related.

Also partly due to rescuing 3 cats, a pregnant Mama + her 2 teenage Sons. Mama just gave birth to 3 more kittens over past few days. 2 on Sat night (only one survived), and 1 more 2 days later!!! They are so cute!!! We will be getting the 2 Sons fixed on Monday, and Mama as soon as possible.

Thank you Megan for encouraging us to check-in and share... this is a great group and I am happy to be here! <3
  • looneycatblue
    @metubal I am sorry that you are having to deal with Diabetes, this is serious, and I hope that you can get it under control soon. Good job on getting your walks and workouts in!

@Keepingtrack1234 nice substitution! I like Spaghetti Squash, I haven't cooked it in a while, I think I will try this again soon.

Have a Wonderful Day everyone!
  • looneycatblue
    Here are some photos of our kitties:

c8l9cy37vpxi.jpg
    6wxm2mdb5u83.jpg
    yy3q14ncrtro.jpg
    qsddhpqomfei.jpg
    wscc83xvqv84.jpg
  • Keepingtrack1234
    @looneycatblue THE CATS ARE SO CUTE OMG! Love this!! It's awesome you rescued them. we love rescue animals in our family too!
This discussion has been closed.