January 13 Sign In

Options

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri Thank you too! I said it before, and it's true. You have been missed!
  • griffith0008
    griffith0008 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Exercised: Yes - walked
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Pass Days Remaining: 3/3
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Active stretching 15 minutes; afternoon walking, jogging with a horse and horse care chores. more than 60 minutes.
    Calories: under my limit
    Tracking: good
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, the same, walking over 8 hours, disinfecting surfaces due to the virus, carrying some heavy things on purpose for upper body strength
    Calories: yes, under -- I don't know how since I seemed to be eating all day
    Tracked: yes

Pass days 1/3
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri
    Good to see you here again :)
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Tracked yes
    Budget no
    Excercised yes

Used pass today.
    1 pass left
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Pass #3
    Over by 77 calories, but over is over
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    👀 Can we all just take a moment to notice that @Dory_42 has claimed him as "my man," please? 🥰

Without being too weird, I'm thoroughly enjoying living through you and @ForLangston both 🤣

You and I must think EXACTLY alike! First, you were on here the other day before my posting, so you noticed how many people were no longer in the group. I copied your quote to relay I felt the same way as you did! Today you again are posting before me, and you notice that @Dory_42 has posted " My Man." I saw that post and thought," hmm, I am going to copy that quote and say, wow, she must be starting to feel more for this man! Great minds think alike! :p
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes

Haven't logged exercise yet, but will when I leave here.

My insight is that I've got to get back on what I call auto pilot. I achieved it before and lost 75 lbs. Somehow, I learned how to switch off my sweet tooth. I'll need another freezer so I can stock up on Lean Cuisine type frozen meals and a place to put lots of canned and fresh veggies and fruit.

I found long ago that if I have something wholesome yet tasty to eat without much prepwork to satisfy my need for immediate gratification, sticking to my plan is easier.
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Jan 13

Exercise: Yes, 60 mins walk
    Pass days: 0/3
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @bellesouth18 I just wanted to tell you I love your new profile picture! I will use that quote in my list of friends that I send quotes every day! I, too, am FUN size!
    @RangerRickL What's new? There are so many new things going on in my brain and my life right now!
    1) I am learning to be kind to myself!
    2) I am learning to be a better listener, don't interrupt people, wait your turn!
    3) Ask questions when you do not understand
    4) positively take criticism, instead of a negative one!
    5)Communicate better, and you get better results!
    6)Start doing research on the computer about things you want to change!
    7) Implement the new things you learned on websites!
    8)Listen to the younger generation, because they have some excellent, fantastic information!
    9) Cutting toxic people or situations from one's life is a good thing! I have cut two people from my life already!
    10) I bought a product called Grammarly. I love this product! It will help with my goal of becoming a writer!
    Date: 1/13
    Exercise: Yes 45mins on the treadmill, speed 4.5, burned 456 calories!

Wake-up-with-determination.-Go-to-bed-with-satisfaction.-1024x704.jpg

• Katiecan2021
    Katiecan2021 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 Atomic Habits is actually the reason I joined UAC, it’s a fantastic read ( actually I listened to it on audible, good food for thought while out walking!).
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @SModa61S
    Thanks for posting the video. I really enjoyed that. I have to admit a little sheepishly that I actually had Atomic Habits sitting on my bookshelf, but now I have moved it my pillow for tonight!

@tlwoodbell
    Ugh, I have been tracking my sleep with my fitness watch and I am certainly not getting enough. I'll have 2-3 good to fair nights then 1-2 really poor ones. I'm here on MFP at 2am because I can't fall back asleep. It's so funny I have no problem falling asleep but sleeping through the night is such a struggle now.
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 20 min yoga, 30 min salsacise, 40 min walk

Tracking yes calories yes
    my routine is changing all the time so all new for me
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Exercise: weight training 50 min, stationary bike 30 min, stretching 50 min
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, treadmill: 31 mins / 1.76 mi
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass Days used: 1/3

What I'm learning or more accurately reinforcing is that my primary issue isn't food. I don't have much of a problem keeping my calories within my limit as long as I'm eating at home though sometimes I'm taken by surprise at how caloric a particular ingredient is. However, takeout/outdoor dining/alcohol is more problematic.

My big problem is consistency with doing exercise every day. Some days I don't feel like it and normally I'd blow it off but knowing I have committed myself to not exceeding the three passes I just do it anyway and once I get started I'm fine. Although today was abs/crunches day and I did blow that off. :|
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,727 Member
    Options
    13/01/2021
    Exercise: yes, bike ride 35 minutes, cardio 40+ minutes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
    Pass days used: 1/3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    my7803j2241i.png
    We are very close to mid-month January.
    As you are moving through this month, do you have any new insights or discoveries?
    For me, I am enjoying and yet being challenged by adjusting to no longer working full-time. This is a major change in activity and identity.
    What about you?

New Insights/Discoveries
    I just completed most of my last major work-related commitment (for free). I immediately felt a huge decrease in my stress AND a huge decrease in my Purpose/Contribution.

So, the stress led to snacking & angst AND to a really fine couple of products /pride. A feeling of expertise.

And hardly any bandwidth for art, or friends, or UAC or other online groups, or even cleaning the house.

So, I’m beginning to reframe & acknowledge how I Contribute & have Purpose now in almost full Retirement come early Feb.)

I contribute by showing one can be thin after a 50 years of obesity. And one can vastly improve medical labs & walk/hike every day - millions of miles. AND perhaps the biggest, I can show that maintenance is possible. Other people doing these things inspired me to try one last time.

I also contribute to my many artist friends - both locally & online - by my playful creativity. I embody a spirit of Joy when creating that inspires others.

I contribute to our spoiled, aged cat.

I contribute to my husbaywho was inspired to get to a normal BMI, losing 38lbs by the gradual habit changes approach I cremated for myself in 2016. His being so healthy brings me incredible joy.

I remain open to new ways I might contribute to others more, but not at the risk of returning to my earlier weight & lackluster exercise. I am excited to continue to create a life I love!

Jan 13
    ✅✅✅