January 13 Sign In

Options

Replies

• alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes, yesterday was a good day.

Still having problems logging my food though, too many error messages on the app...
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri - wow, you have a lot on your plate and I can only imagine the emotional stress you're under. Good for you for taking charge and figuring out how to care for yourself. You're so inspiring!

@Bill70sStrong - I grew up in SW Michigan - between Holland and Grand Rapids. Such a beautiful state. A few years ago I walked the bridge on Labor Day with a friend. My 70 year old brother, living in Virginia, said "I've always wanted to do that" so I walked it again with him the following year. All I could think is "why did I wait until I was 60 to do this? And in 2019 I rode DALMAC - are you familiar with that? Was registered again last year but, well, we all know what happened to that.

@SModa61 - thanks for the "Atomic" suggestion - I'm going to look that up later today.

I must say it was so interesting/inspiring/thought-provoking to read everyone's posts today. I wish I had something half as clever/wise/insightful! I do love all the inspiring quotes posted which really help.

Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    Pass Days: 2/3
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • jensam327
    jensam327 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Jan 13

Exercise: Yes, walk 25 min, yoga 30 min
    calories: Yes
    Track: Yes
    Pass days taken: 2/3
  • Porkus5
    Porkus5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes. Walked almost 10 miles yesterday around DC looking at the prep for the upcoming inauguration.
    Yes.
    Yes.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @katiecan2021 Thanks for the audible suggestion. I was just on amazon looking to order the hardcover, but I am contemplating breaking down and finally getting an audible membership. I also appreciate knowing that you did find the book worthwhile. Get my order placed right after this post.

@Bovaryoo and @Biketheworld I'll be curious to see what we all think of the actual book. :)

• SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: YES
    Tracking: yes

Cathing up on last couple of days as the community section of MFP hasn't been working for me
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Thursday 14th January:
    3 x Yes. I walked my extra 5 minutes, so I am now at 30 minutes, 35 planned for tomorrow. Small changes, small increases... If you look up the Atomic book on Amazon, you get quite a few of the first pages of the book, and that's exactly what he's talking about, using the small changes made by the British national cycling team's coach, to eventually build up a team of champions, as an example. Not that I am ever going to be a cycling champion, but if this summer I can regularly make it to the seaside on my city bike I'll be a very happy bunny ...
    Under calories. I am enjoying 'proper' cooking again, as opposed to just chucking ready meals in the microwave.
    All of France now has a 6pm curfew, so I will have to adapt my routine again ...
  • idoliov
    idoliov Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes/yes/yes. I forgot to post yesterday so doing it today.
  • allisond8
    allisond8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

1/3 pass days used
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,007 Member
    Options
    Date: 1/13
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

PASS: 0/3 (for my own accountability)
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz If you listen to the James Clear video that @SModa61 posted, you will experience an excellent example of someone who is a consistent blogger and has learned how to use that skill to write a book (based on his blogging).
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Please make sure that you keep a copy of your excellent list of "New Insights/Discoveries". Whenever you feel a bit down or confused, reread your own list. It is amazing and wonderful!!
    Your friend, Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @artsmart422 My heart goes out to you and Ashley's family and friends. Thank you for sharing this sorrow and loss.
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yep x 3! Exercise was a 20 minute jog and 15 minutes of strength work
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Jan 13:

Forgot to post yesterday so posting yesterday’s stuff today.

Exercise: Yes! 30 min HIIT, 40 min Zumba
    Track: Yes!
    Under calorie goal: Yes!

Passes used: 0
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Exercise- yes
    Log-yes
    Stay under cal- yes

I have to share... one of my sweetest students just passed from COVID and I am beyond sad and I post it here because at 18yrs she had no other health issues except being overweight by maybe 60lbs.
    Say a prayer for Sweet Ashley- hug your love ones and be safe. I can’t imagine her mother right now- it breaks my heart😢

This truly breaks my heart, and my daughter, who just gave us our sweet new Granddaughter, is named Ashley as well. I can't imagine the poor pain that mother is going through either! You and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers at this challenging :'( time!
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL Thank you for the recommendation about the video and the blogging! I do plan on listening while walking on my treadmill; thanks!