Options
1235»

Replies

• GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    my7803j2241i.png
    We are very close to mid-month January.
    As you are moving through this month, do you have any new insights or discoveries?
    For me, I am enjoying and yet being challenged by adjusting to no longer working full-time. This is a major change in activity and identity.
    What about you?

New Insights/Discoveries
    I just completed most of my last major work-related commitment (for free). I immediately felt a huge decrease in my stress AND a huge decrease in my Purpose/Contribution.

So, the stress led to snacking & angst AND to a really fine couple of products /pride. A feeling of expertise.

And hardly any bandwidth for art, or friends, or UAC or other online groups, or even cleaning the house.

So, I’m beginning to reframe & acknowledge how I Contribute & have Purpose now in almost full Retirement come early Feb.)

I contribute by showing one can be thin after a 50 years of obesity. And one can vastly improve medical labs & walk/hike every day - millions of miles. AND perhaps the biggest, I can show that maintenance is possible. Other people doing these things inspired me to try one last time.

I also contribute to my many artist friends - both locally & online - by my playful creativity. I embody a spirit of Joy when creating that inspires others.

I contribute to our spoiled, aged cat.

I contribute to my husbaywho was inspired to get to a normal BMI, losing 38lbs by the gradual habit changes approach I cremated for myself in 2016. His being so healthy brings me incredible joy.

I remain open to new ways I might contribute to others more, but not at the risk of returning to my earlier weight & lackluster exercise. I am excited to continue to create a life I love!

Jan 13
    ✅✅✅

You, Miss Molly, inspire me EVERY day with your posts, thoughtfulness, and taking the time to post to people who really need it! Happy to have you on my friend's list, friend!
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Exercise: weight training 50 min., stationary bike 17 min, stretching 50 min.
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    my7803j2241i.png
    We are very close to mid-month January.
    As you are moving through this month, do you have any new insights or discoveries?
    For me, I am enjoying and yet being challenged by adjusting to no longer working full-time. This is a major change in activity and identity.
    What about you?

New Insights/Discoveries
    I just completed most of my last major work-related commitment (for free). I immediately felt a huge decrease in my stress AND a huge decrease in my Purpose/Contribution.

So, the stress led to snacking & angst AND to a really fine couple of products /pride. A feeling of expertise.

And hardly any bandwidth for art, or friends, or UAC or other online groups, or even cleaning the house.

So, I’m beginning to reframe & acknowledge how I Contribute & have Purpose now in almost full Retirement come early Feb.)

I contribute by showing one can be thin after a 50 years of obesity. And one can vastly improve medical labs & walk/hike every day - millions of miles. AND perhaps the biggest, I can show that maintenance is possible. Other people doing these things inspired me to try one last time.

I also contribute to my many artist friends - both locally & online - by my playful creativity. I embody a spirit of Joy when creating that inspires others.

I contribute to our spoiled, aged cat.

I contribute to my husbaywho was inspired to get to a normal BMI, losing 38lbs by the gradual habit changes approach I cremated for myself in 2016. His being so healthy brings me incredible joy.

I remain open to new ways I might contribute to others more, but not at the risk of returning to my earlier weight & lackluster exercise. I am excited to continue to create a life I love!

Jan 13
    ✅✅✅

You, Miss Molly, inspire me EVERY day with your posts, thoughtfulness, and taking the time to post to people who really need it! Happy to have you on my friend's list, friend!

Thank you @ginadomaszewicz ❣️
    And thank you @RangerRickL - I saved it :)
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz You can copy my picture. Just right click on it, copy picture, save it to your computer or phone, and use it as a profile pic. You already know this most likely, but thought I'd help in case you needed it.

It's hard to lose weight when you're really short, because your calories are already on the lower side with not much wiggle room to go lower.

Also, I like to write, too! Haven't done it in a long time though.
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @bellesouth18 That is cool you like to write too! How tall are you? I am 5'2 inches tall! I write the quote down, but thank you for offering to help me make it my profile picture!
  • bellesouth18
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz I shrunk an inch and now am 4'11" :s but I refuse to say it out loud and still profess to be 5' tall. :#
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    I probably should have someone measure me! My kids say I shrunk too!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz and @bellesouth18 I think that you are both 10 feet tall!
    Rick
  • artsmart422
    artsmart422 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the hugs,

Today I logged and stayed under but didn’t feel up to exercise
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz and @bellesouth18 I think that you are both 10 feet tall!
    Rick

Good one, Rick! :p
  • bellesouth18
    Options
    @RangerRickL I wish! Then my weight would be just right! :p Maybe you're secretly our height...

@ginadomaszewicz I get teased all the time by my family because of my height. They say that I look like I've shrunk more all the time.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    January 13, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)