Net carbs

JessiBelleW
JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
Is there a way for me to program mFP to only show me net carbs?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    you can key your food in with "net carbs" entries
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    only if you pay for a MFP membership first, then you can setup your food dairy in app to show you nectcarbs only BUT, it won’t show that way on website food diary, you’ll still see total carbs there..
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    There are loads of entries in the database for 'net carb' items, just use that in your search term along with the name of what you're looking for, as tcunbeliever indicated.

Another alternative if using general entries is to swap out sugar from your list of things displayed and show fibre instead, then just subtract the fibre amount from total carbs.
  • JessiBelleW

Can I do that if I am scanning things?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I use the desktop version, so I don't know anything about the scanning feature.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member

Can I do that if I am scanning things?

Scanning brings up the specific item. So you can't choose from reg or net carb entries so I'd say no.

Premium has a net carbs feature I think (I don't have Premium) but I always just quickly pop into Nutrition and can do the quick subtraction as Carbs and Fiber are listed one after another. The problem comes when you're dealing with Sugar Alcohols. Those aren't tracked by the app. So you have to do that math yourself. You could keep track of that in Notes. Def a PITA but then I rarely eat things with sugar alcohols so I never have to fiddle with that.
  • JessiBelleW
    Looks like its a manual maths thing :neutral: Thanks everyone for the replies
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    edited January 2021
    There used to be an extension on Github. But I just realized it no longer works in Chrome. Back to doing the math!
    edit: I just reinstalled the script from github and it works again. I have also updated Chrome.
    try it yourself. http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/
    Here is the overview in our Low Carber's Launchpad -- https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348436/enhancing-mfp-displays-for-low-carb#latest
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,913 Member
    I downloaded the script Greasemonkey and I have net carbs on my food diary