Which refined "non-clean" food do you miss most?

Options
ladyzherra
ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
For me, it's gotta be pasta, which I do eat sometimes. But pasta, PASTA, I sing!

Sometimes, I make homemade pasta (linguine, fettucine, or ravioli), with high quality ingredients, and I try to convince myself that this is better than the bought versions.

Replies

• nab212
    nab212 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Pastries. For sure. This KFC donut sandwich has been calling my name but I've stayed strong.
  • LadyNet
    LadyNet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Carbs and bread has been my weakness in the past.
  • birdmandizzle
    birdmandizzle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I miss two things: 1. Pizza from Mellow Mushroom and 2. Rolls from Texas Roadhouse. I miss the taste and momentary satisfaction, but I do not miss the way I used to feel before I started eating clean ... I guess its a fair trade
  • mwrfitboss
    mwrfitboss Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I miss pasta, bread and soft cheese most of all no question about it. I love all of them and frankly have no issue with any of them nutritionally when eaten in moderation. I simply cant stand how negatively I react to them after eating even small amounts of these items. Not worth the aftermath for such short term pleasure. However I do miss them. Only really hits me when its around or being served/eaten by those around me. Otherwise I really don't crave them too much in general.

Being 1/3 Italian and born/raised and living in WI this is not always easy to bypass as one can imagine lol!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Most of mine can be made into healthy alternatives (YAY!) Halvah, Fudge, Cookies, Cookie Dough, Frosting and hot chocolate with whipped cream

When I am around an Auntie Anne's the smell makes me sad- have not found an alternative yet!
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good bread and sweet gooey desserts :(
  • sarebearr
    sarebearr Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ah, the weekend drinks. I try to choose red wine if I can but I know alcohol is not helping me lol
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Sugar loaded iced coffees and frappuccinos. I've taken to drinking mostly black coffee if I have it, and only add cream on the weekends.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Coffee with flavored creamer. Although after coming off it and seeing the difference in my mood and energy, I know I can never go back to it again.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    I'm with a few of you, definitely loaded coffee drinks. I switched to black and just don't enjoy it like I used to. I've found not eating it at all helps my pain so no more coffee.
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    right now I would say chips salty crunchy fatty potato chip..
  • pbellis317
    pbellis317 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cookies -- and we are coming into the holiday season where cookies abound. Plus there is something about making cookies and giving them away (and of course sampling them)
  • Overcomer99
    Overcomer99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dairy, pasta, regular rice, chips, cakes & pies; I miss them all evenly. I had to make a big change this year. Due to my weight loss roller-coaster.
  • Geronica
    Geronica Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For me, the main thing I miss, Trolli Sour Gummy Worms and wine...:/sigh...but I am getting through it.