Breakfast Club

Options
ridiculous59
ridiculous59 Posts: 2,844 Member
I love breakfast. Its probably my favourite meal of the day. Okay.....to be honest, all meals are my favourite hahaha.

This morning I made a pot of porridge using my own blend of large oatmeal flakes, cream of wheat, cornmeal, barley flakes, spelt flakes, poppy seeds and ground flax. I cook it with half milk/half water. I add half a cup of some type of fruit to my bowl (today it was blueberries), a dollop of plain Greek yoghurt, and some stevia. If my husband doesn't want to share with me, I'll put half in the fridge for tomorrow and re-heat it in the microwave (stir in a splash of milk after its warmed so its not a solid mass LOL).

It works out to about 350 calories and sets me up till lunch time. I find that if I don't add the Greek yoghurt or use milk, I'm hungry a couple of hours later, so I definitely need that bit of extra protein to sustain me.

What do you enjoy for breakfast?

Replies

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love breakfast. Some of my favs are completely unhealthy..but those are special occasions.

I'm currently eating greek yogurt with berries, a bit of honey and a small portion of granola.

I also enjoy avocado and tomatoes on toast with everything bagel seasoning.

Oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon and milk is another standard.

I used to have to eat as soon as I woke up but as I age, I find that I can wait a few hours before eating.

Coffee first thing tho.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • backinthesaddleagain57
    Options
    I usually eat plain spoon size shredded wheat, 1/2 serving of dried cherries and 1 cup of 2% milk. I don't eat breakfast until noon, though. I do the intermittent fast. I think I am going to switch it up a bit and start eating oatmeal on some of the days.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I like to make a smoothie with frozen berries, oat milk, and greek yogurt. I also like veggie omelets and morningstar farmers "sausage" on an English muffin.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: ยป
    I like to make a smoothie with frozen berries, oat milk, and greek yogurt. I also like veggie omelets and morningstar farmers "sausage" on an English muffin.

That's my go-to smoothie in the summer, except I use almond milk. If I use raspberries I always add some cocoa. It feels like a treat ๐Ÿ™‚ I can't bring myself to make smoothies in the winter though. It makes me feel cold just thinking about it LOL
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    If not working out right away, oatmeal, hands down. Thick rolled oats (old-fashioned plain), walnuts, cinnamon, frozen berries (thawed), flax seed, hemp hearts, plain Greek yogurt, blackstrap molasses. On the side, 2 mugs of coffee with lotsa frothed hot skim milk, cold matcha with a lemon or lime wedge.

I'm at maintenance calories (or close enough), so that's 619 calories all told, 38g protein, 12g fiber. That'll hold me for many hours. (I upped the oats, added the flax/hemp, when I went from deficit to maintenance calories; later switched to the blackstrap molasses from a tablespoon of all-fruit spread, which also added a few calories but brought some useful micros, and tastes nice.)

If I'm rowing right away, I need to eat before, but lighter: Ezekiel pita, crunchy peanut butter, hot nonfat milk with vanilla **, kefir. That's 465 calories, 29.7g protein, only 7g fiber. (** I don't drink coffee before I go out on the river, because it's ever so slightly more diuretic, and skinny little rowing shells don't have restrooms.๐Ÿ˜‰)
  • losemicaroline
    losemicaroline Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    As I read these posts, I realize how much I love breakfast! There's nothing here that sounds unappetizing. :)