Want to lose then Covid Stay at home weight

gia1512
gia1512 Posts: 1 Member
Height: 5'5"
CW: 128
GW: 120

In Jan 2020 I was really depressed due to a family loss. Then Covid came. Everything shut down. Summer time I noticed my shorts fit snug. Fall came jeans where a bit tighter. I knew I was gaining weight. Still did nothing. Finally a week ago had a yearly physical and weight was at 128. My goal is not only to get rid of those 8lbs but to clean up my diet and move more. Im nervous about this!!

Replies

• ssurvivor
    ssurvivor Posts: 142 Member
    disruptions to your daily routine can be devastating. Particularly when you're already battling depression. I don't have advice to give, but I wish you the best. 💕
  • Girl I’m in the same boat! My anxiety/depression went into full force with all the stress this past year. I had to go up a full pant size - can’t even button last years jeans! Here’s to getting back in control and smashing our goals 🍻
  • SallyKaPow
    SallyKaPow Posts: 61 Member
    Girl, i wish i would have gained only 8lbs. I also got down due to the whole situation and life stress, I gained back all the weight i lost and more over 90lbs. I was 135 and i am now at `190 :'( I am farther away from my goal than ever before but i am not giving up. We can do this!

Stick with it lady! It is tough in the current environment, so don't beat yourself up :)

I'm using the end of lockdown as a motivation - I want to be back in the outside work feeling more like myself.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Jump on the Feb accountability thread - those always help me stay focused.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    gia1512 wrote: »
    Height: 5'5"
    CW: 128
    GW: 120

In Jan 2020 I was really depressed due to a family loss. Then Covid came. Everything shut down. Summer time I noticed my shorts fit snug. Fall came jeans where a bit tighter. I knew I was gaining weight. Still did nothing. Finally a week ago had a yearly physical and weight was at 128. My goal is not only to get rid of those 8lbs but to clean up my diet and move more. Im nervous about this!!

How are you feeling now?
  • HeidiRuth75
    HeidiRuth75 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm right there with you, I'm 5'3 and up to 122. (GW 110-112) I gained 10 lbs during Covid with working from home, not being able to see my mom who is in a nursing home with late stages of Alzheimers, two boys failing remote learning...depression kicked in and it was easier to drink a beer than workout! We haven't got to see my mom since last September, she no longer talks and wheel chair bound but sounds like we will get to see her soon and the boys are starting back up to school part time. It's time for me to get my motivation back and get these pounds off!
  • stacileed54
    stacileed54 Posts: 2 Member
    43 (almost)
    5'6"
    CW 147
    GW 130
    I'm on the same boat! My weight has been slowly creeping up after 5 years of maintaining over 40 lb weight loss. Depression and anxiety are hitting hard last couple weeks, and the weight is going up like crazy now. I'm up 15 lbs since the beginning of the year, even while TRYING to lose it. So frustrating and overwhelming.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    I’m with you! After two years of maintaining around 130 and pretty lean, I basically de-comped over this past year with fewer weights to use at home and much less dedicated cardio. And stress eating. All the stress eating. Up 10 but at least I kept training with a modified lifting / body weight exercise program. I’m finding it hard to break the bad eating habits I slipped back into this year. My eating feels more out of control than ever. But that’s why I’m here, to keep working at it. In it together.
  • christine_olivia
    christine_olivia Posts: 5 Member
    I'm there with you too. This year was all the base anxiety of COVID, plus losing my job, plus having two family members diagnosed with cancer that everything with that has been made so much harder because of COVID. I had been wanting to lose 10lbs before COVID, but over that time I gained 20 and weigh the most I ever have. It feels like SO much. I have lost 10 of that since January now, and the best thing I've been able to do is just give myself more time and to try to look at this as something that is a controllable, satisfying part of my life. Eating well and exercise, even though it sucks so much to start while so depressed and anxious, really has been an improvement for my mental health. I used to be able to lose weight very easily and this has been more of a struggle, but I feel like I am FINALLY adjusting to it. You can do it <3
  • Mujer47
    Mujer47 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm with all of you, I gain about 10 pounds to, and trying really hard now to loss this weight, am 5'0 and weight about 128 my GW is 118, I do workout a lot, but need more motivation, I workout about 6 day a week, I started counting calories, to see how it goes.