Monthly Post for January 2021

Options

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,538 Member
    Options
    @melaniecheeks That is EXACTLY what got me started last summer! I can control my health and what goes in my body. I can control how I react. I don't have to eat my stress. Very inspiring!

Today was fast and was a fast day. Overall, it went really well. Saw a post that said, "If being in my pajamas by 7pm is wrong, I don't want to be right." It was 6:57 and I was, indeed, in my pajamas. :D Off to sleep. Have a great rest of the week, y'all! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Quick before bed check in.... ended my fast at 740 cals... I could have done a little better.... next time! ;)

Big day tomorrow!!! Will be watching TV during the daytime!!! :o
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

@mamainthekitchen hope your fast went well!

I went in to the office yesterday, so today I am working remotely. It is cold here (low 30's F) so I am glad to be home. :)

Not much planned here today other than sticking to my Keto WOE and drinking my water, etc.

Have a great day and see you guys soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, y'all! This has been a busy couple of days. I am so glad the kids don't have school on Friday. It is a teacher work day. I need time to catch up from being sick.

@Meghan509 I hope that your relative got some direction and a solid plan today.

@mamainthekitchen 740 is not bad at all. I hope you enjoyed your daytime TV!

In health news, I don't think I have fully recovered from being sick. I also have some personal/work stress going on. I haven't slept right in almost 2 weeks. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this weekend...
    I hope everyone has a good end of the week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Thank you! The family member is my Dad and he was diagnosed with Esophageal cancer. :( Might as well come out with it. Unfortunately, it is reality. :'(

My Dad was having some heartburn and felt sick, went to the doctor, and then after some doctor appointments found out he had a mass by his esophagus. The CT Scan showed that it had not spread to his liver, so that is good.
    This news is very upsetting to say the least. He went to a special "cancer" hospital yesterday, near where he lives in Florida. They still have some more tests to run but the plan is five days on / two days off of chemo and radiation, then that will hopefully shrink the mass and then they'll go in and remove the scar tissue and be done with it. Sounds like stage 2/3. That is the plan for now. My Dad has always been healthy, not overweight, etc. He is in his early to mid 70's and I am grateful I got to see him recently when I was in Florida for the Christmas break. Fingers crossed that all goes well and everything turns out okay. My Dad still has many great years ahead of him. My sister and her husband are expecting baby number 2 (a girl) in June. We got this... <3

Trying to stay upbeat and positive, but it is hard! Darn emotions. LOL

Been sticking to my Keto WOE and trying to keep focused on my own health. Worrying and stressing is not good for me or anyone sigh... Sorry to be negative nelly today! Positive thoughts and vibes.

We also watched a lot of TV yesterday, @mamainthekitchen :wink: Good stuff.

Hope you have an easy couple of days, @KateNkognito and then you have a relaxing weekend!

Have a good rest of the day. Weekend is almost here WHOOT!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Greetings!!
    Kate, sounds like you do need a break! Hopefully this weekend you’ll look after yourself!!

Wow! Meghan.... your poor Dad... sending Hugs! Sounds like a solid treatment plan and I’m crossing fingers all goes well for him... you’re right he is young!!! Many many more years ahead!

That cnn all day was exhausting!!!! Gorgeous poet stole the show!! <3

I’m sitting having a small drink of ginger kombucha in a little wine glass... chicken & brocoli for dinner!! Should end on a low carb day! I’ll weigh myself on sat or Sunday! Hopefully there will be good news to see!!

Tomorrow is Friday!! I’m planning on washing walls in a spare room (storage/junk room) then start painting... ughhhh

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning.

Happy Friday! I am down .4 this week. Not a whole heck of a lot, but I'll take it. Women's stuff is on the way, so fun, fun, fun. :)

Thanks @mamainthekitchen, yes I am thinking positively and hoping for the best. :) Your dinner and kombucha sounds wonderful! Fingers crossed for a good number on the scale.

Hope everybody has a good weekend. Supposed to be COLD here! Stay healthy and stay warm! See you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It is cold and cloudy out. Today is supposed to be a fast day, but I really want a sausage and egg biscuit. I think I will switch it up today and have my single meal for breakfast.
    I hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Epic fail yesterday.... I blame the husband who came home after dinner with “stuff”.... even though he ate or drank none of it.... I polished it ALL off!!! :s

I return today to try and log then see what that looks like in print... being a visual learner and all, I’m hoping that helps to be better at saying no. It also helps that I do feel a little gross at the moment :o

Hope you all are enjoying a relaxing Sunday! It’s actually suppose to snow here today or sometime this week, it’s really cold but we may end with rain like usual.

Looking forward to a good solid week... and I am NOT weighing myself this weekend! Ughh! No point!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Snowing here in Ireland! I was skypeing my sister in Melbourne, and she had a friend with he who had never seen snow before.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!

Hope everybody had a great weekend. Ours was good and quiet.

Not too much going on over in this neck of the woods. A little snow coming tomorrow, so we shall see. Probably won't be much which is good!

Hard to believe that January is almost done! Where did the month go? S'okay - working our way closer to warmer weather!

Have a good one and see you guys soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen That is the beauty of fasting. You can eat all the nummies and then start a fast at any time of the day or night and burn all those calories.

@melaniecheeks That is so nice. We keep getting rain instead of snow. No pretty white landscape, just cold and wet.

@Meghan509 I am pretty sure that today is January 267th. You must be in a faster moving timezone that I am! LOL Enjoy the snow!

Had a nice fast today. I had some homemade nachos for dinner. Under 500 calories and super yummy. :) Have a great rest of the week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Exciting news here - we got back to the gym last night, after being away for 11 months! We had stopped going in February of last year, right before the pandemic hit badly and eventually everything closed for months. We walked a little here and there outside when it was not too warm or too cold. Time to get serious and get some exercise in.

We walked on the tread mill and I also did some ab and leg exercises. The gym was at a reduced capacity, with every other machine closed. We felt safe and plan on going back possibly tonight if the weather cooperates. :)

Some snow is expected here starting mid day and going in to the evening. Winter! Bah!

Have a great day and see you all soon.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping up with my daily HIIT habit, and am really enjoying it! had a whiskey on Burns Night, but a reasonable day yesterday and have just plugged in today's planned food.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good afternoon all!

Just noon here on the east coast, USA. Hope all is well with you.

We were not able to get to the gym last night, due to the snow, but tonight we are planning to go. I feel a little sore from the ab and leg exercises, but honestly it feels nice to be able to exercise!

Eating well and sticking with my Keto WOE here.

Made a cool new recipe yesterday called Spinach and Artichoke Dip Chicken Soup. Below is the recipe, though I did modify it for us. I omitted the onion and used some onion powder to save some carbs. I also omitted the heavy cream and I used coconut oil spray instead of olive oil to save some calories. I used two pounds of chicken breasts instead of 1 1/2 lbs that I had cooked in the slow cooker and shredded them. Very tasty!!

https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/spinach-and-artichoke-dip-chicken-soup/
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Glad you got to the gym again! That seems to be your happy place. :) That soup sounds good!

@melaniecheeks Good job with the HIIT! I hope you had a successful day!

Today was a fast day. Good thing because I didn't get lunch time at school. Kids are ridiculous some times! Had an extra district sub in my room today and she said, "I don't know how you do it all day!" about 20 times! LOL Needless to say, I am going to go to bed early.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Happy Thursday! Almost the weekend!! A girl can dream. LOL

Sending positive vibes for an easy rest of the school week, @KateNkognito!

Things are good here. Rolling along. Looking forward to having hamburgers tonight for dinner. :smiley:

Have a good rest of the day and night and see you all soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Holy cow! Where has this week gone!! I’ve been cleaning closets and trying to get organized to paint this spare room but there’s so much stuff in there (I’m distracted easily!) I’m trying to sort it all... moving it all to one side then wash that wall, repeat with other side! Ugh! I’ve been terrible at watching what I eat this week too! I also enjoyed some scotch whisky! More to celebrate 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st century!!! Ha!!! Cool eh!?!

Hoping I’ve stayed the same weight after all my faults... am planning on getting back to weights as soon as I lose a few more lbs.

Sounds like you all are doing well!!! Keep it up ladies, you’re all inspiring!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday all!

Seriously, @mamainthekitchen! Flown by here too!

Quick post to say hi. Heading to the office for a bit. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend and possible dinner with friends.

See you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    It’s Friday!! Wow.... enjoy your weekend meg!

Suffering with huge headache over here! Darn neighbour has been grinding stone for a patio!! Omg!
    May have a little lie down soon and cover my head with a few pillows! Pouring rain here too!

Everyone have a good weekend!!! I’ll try to check in and be mindful with my choices!!!!