Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome to the February 2021 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Hey guys this will be UAC #3 for me and i more motivated than ever to loose my last 1.5 kgs then tone up and learn how to maintain my weight. I hve found the last 5kgs the hardest to loose but not long to go now! I live in Australia and hve a beautiful baby boy! I am looking forward to another month with u all and welcome all the newcomers. Best of luck to u all. Xox
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Hello all, February will be my 5th month and it has helped me to keep my focus.

I'm 59 year old and I consider my husband and myself nomads. From May 1 to Oct 1, we are in Maine or Massachusetts at any given moment, then for the other half of the year we travel between Mass and the Florida Keys. Though I should not complain, it is disrupting one's life and is why I have concluded that I can only succeed in improving my health if I develop autonomy and not count on a trainers/instructors/leaders to encourage my actions.

With that said, the UAC is helping me to develop that autonomy. Being responsible daily for my tracking, planning, as well as finding a form of exercise that works for that particular day is new for me, and on good days it feels "empowering".

Today is Jan 24, at this point in time (a few days ago), I managed reach my goal weight (129) in roughly 4 months (24 lbs total). I am letting the month of January ride out with me focusing on weight loss, and I doubt it will be much more than a lb. For February, I will be switching over to practicing maintenance. That is scary and will require more accountability than ever. Maintaining is monotonous and much more likely to result in loss of focus.

Welcome all to new members and welcome back to the UAC family that I have gotten to know over these months.

@SModa61 Congrats on reaching ur goal!!!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    @Donna25Trinity Thank you! It feels good, but now I have to figure out the rest. :)
  • reachedmylimit
    reachedmylimit Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Greetings from the cool crisp winter here in Canada 🇨🇦. Happy to be back for my 2nd UAC month. The accountability and motivation boost is much appreciated. So many inspiring stories and great positive energy in this group have helped to keep me focused on my health & fitness goals. Best to all of you.
  • donna25trinity
    edited January 2021
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @Donna25Trinity Thank you! It feels good, but now I have to figure out the rest. :)

U will be fine! I just know it!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nance. Looking forward to participating in this UAC group for February! I've been on MFP for years now, lost my weight in 2015 (80lbs in 10 months). Maintenance is hard. I've had a lot of ups and downs, injuries, etc. I managed to get in my best shape ever last winter...and then Covid hit.

Covid has presented a new host of issues for me (like a lot of us). I'm stuck at home now and that has been very hard on my diet mostly--losing my routine that I built up--not going to the gym and not leaving the house. I had a clockwork-type routine each day and have lost it and my diet is now very inconsistent. I do workout at home each day, but it's my eating that needs curbing. I keep yo-yoing up and down the same 10 pounds +.

I'm hopeful that having this group to commit to each day will keep me on target the entire week.

Thank you much! -N