MFP not sinking no matter what I do. Any advice?

Options

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Have you selected the option in MFP app about Step Source to be Fitbit?

Sometimes the setting changes.

That setting tells MFP to use the data Fitbit is sending account to account.
  • clothmadmummy
    clothmadmummy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yup, haven't been able to sink from Fitbit to MFP for days now. I have to disconnect Fitbit from MFP, log out, login and reconnect to get the data to cross over.
  • pandainprogress
    pandainprogress Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep. Me too. The last days there was no automatic syncing at all. When I cut the ties between mfp and fitbit and reconnected, the data swapped over, but otherwise...nothing. Super frustrating, as I've just paid for premium and wish I didn't considering this bug influx
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This happened for me yesterday. Really frustrating because I got a super high step count but also ate quite a bit now I don't know where I stand :( anyone else had issues??
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    babysaffy wrote: »
    This happened for me yesterday. Really frustrating because I got a super high step count but also ate quite a bit now I don't know where I stand :( anyone else had issues??

My fitbit hasnt synced with MFP for a couple of days.
  • heybales
    Options
    babysaffy wrote: »

You have how much you ate on MFP right?

You have how much you burned on Fitbit for the day right?

Fitbit - MFP = deficit eaten.

And if the day is going such with syncing issues - look at Fitbit daily burn so far, subtract 500. Eat that much in total.

Once you understand what is actually happening (eating less than you burn) by concept - it's not that hard to deal with these issues.

Make a note in your MFP diary notes regarding the figures being incorrect, note the correct ones.
  • mooreforestry
    mooreforestry Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I have recently started using MFP again after over a year. This problem sometimes existed for me when I was using it prior to and during my pregnancy. I am surprised the issue has not been fixed. My little boy is 16 months old, so the issue has to be over 2 years old now.

I have also noticed that if I manually add in my exercise from fitbit to MFP, fitbit will see it and add it as well and say I did double what I did. Meaning I cannot even work around this issue besides continually looking at both apps and doing mental calculations when I am preparing meals.
  • heybales
    Options
    I have recently started using MFP again after over a year. This problem sometimes existed for me when I was using it prior to and during my pregnancy. I am surprised the issue has not been fixed. My little boy is 16 months old, so the issue has to be over 2 years old now.

I have also noticed that if I manually add in my exercise from fitbit to MFP, fitbit will see it and add it as well and say I did double what I did. Meaning I cannot even work around this issue besides continually looking at both apps and doing mental calculations when I am preparing meals.

Why are you manually adding exercise to MFP?
    Fitbit sends to MFP a daily burn that already contains that calorie burn, MFP already takes it into account for adjustments.

Fitbit tracks workouts much better than MFP too.
    If you want your friends to see you did a workout - just make a wall post.

To the Fitbit side - Fitbit is a replace-only system, so when that workout comes in from MFP, it replaces what it already had. It'll still show the prior workout info with HR, steps, ect, but it's no longer in the daily totals.
    In this case as long as you get the time correct, and calories right, no change to the daily burn.
    But you should lose your steps that could count towards challenges.
    You are also causing 2 extra syncs to have to occur - bad idea.

There have been off and on issues during the 2 years - it hasn't been broken for 2 years, as plenty of people even now are syncing just fine.
  • pdills12
    pdills12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »

Why are you manually adding exercise to MFP?
    Fitbit sends to MFP a daily burn that already contains that calorie burn, MFP already takes it into account for adjustments.

Fitbit tracks workouts much better than MFP too.
    If you want your friends to see you did a workout - just make a wall post.

To the Fitbit side - Fitbit is a replace-only system, so when that workout comes in from MFP, it replaces what it already had. It'll still show the prior workout info with HR, steps, ect, but it's no longer in the daily totals.
    In this case as long as you get the time correct, and calories right, no change to the daily burn.
    But you should lose your steps that could count towards challenges.
    You are also causing 2 extra syncs to have to occur - bad idea.

There have been off and on issues during the 2 years - it hasn't been broken for 2 years, as plenty of people even now are syncing just fine.

Just and FYI the synching is screwed now: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055436451-Fitbit-Not-Syncing
  • Wolfy999
    Wolfy999 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Here we go again. Fitbit isn't reading MyFitnessPal and vice versa. So annoying, hopefully this can be resolved quickly. Hasn't been working all day.
  • heybales
    Options
    Actually, the wording on that announcement is specific.

And different than "is screwed" and "isn't reading" or not working at all.

For some people, I see others having no issue.

But the important part of that in case it was missed - is what NOT to do, which most don't follow and make things worse.
    For members experiencing issues with Fitbit sync, we do not recommend unlinking and relinking the two programs. This will put additional sync requests in the backlog and increase the amount of time it will take to process the backlogged sync requests.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Mine has not synched since 9:00 AM CST, but I will be patient. Anything I do will only make it worse. :smile:
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    MFP hasn’t sync’d with my Fitbit steps and calories for 2 days. I did try installing and uninstalling but it’s still not working. At this point I’m just manually adding calories from Fitbit.
  • clothmadmummy
    clothmadmummy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    MFP hasn’t sync’d with my Fitbit steps and calories for 2 days. I did try installing and uninstalling but it’s still not working. At this point I’m just manually adding calories from Fitbit.

Yup, just rubbish isn't it. Can't get them to communicate at all :-(
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »

There's a known issue that MFP is working on: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055436451-ONGOING-Delay-in-Sync-Overall-Sluggishness-and-Fitbit-Partner-Sync-Issues

They have specifically asked us to stop unconnecting and reconnecting because it will slow recovery for everyone.
  • KezzaO1977
    KezzaO1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too! Stopped working this morning 😔
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Day 4 and still no syncing. It's not even acting as if I have an app to track steps. This is unacceptable.
  • heybales
    Options
    Confirm MFP app still has setting for Step Source set to Fitbit.

Are your meal total calories showing up in Fitbit?
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    It's a problem with the latest update @heybales, not a phone/watch issue. It *seems* to be more a Samsung user issue, at least that's what I'm seeing on the fitbit forums. Don't bother trying any of the troubleshooting techniques until you get the latest update (3.37.1). (I'm still waiting... but as I did all of the above, up to and including using an old phone and a factory reset, I'm confident it's not a problem at my end)