Lockdown release?

Options
Paul_Ingy
Paul_Ingy Posts: 123 Member
Hi all,
A few of us trying reignite this group. Im interested in reading what your "lockdown release" has been since March 2020?
For me, thankfully I have a decent sized garage turned into a home gym. That thankfully provides me with the head space to feel there is some normality away from the madness of home schooling and working from home, which ive done since March 18th 2020.
Lets hear what or where provides your "lockdown release".

Replies

• Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'd love a garage gym! We'd hoped to get planning to build a new garage with room for a gym too but it was turned down. Maybe one day!

Mine is getting out walking locally. I'm very lucky to have country walks on my doorstep. It really helps me to wind down after homeschooling to get out with a podcast and just decompress.
  • AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    For the first lockdown I was starting a new job, so the time pretty much flew by: for the latest lockdown, I dusted off my rowing machine.... and aiming to look completely different the next time I see my family face to face!
  • Paul_Ingy
    Options
    AmunahSki wrote: »
    For the first lockdown I was starting a new job, so the time pretty much flew by: for the latest lockdown, I dusted off my rowing machine.... and aiming to look completely different the next time I see my family face to face!

I love this, I hope you're on track.
  • Paul_Ingy
    Options
    Katerr1kk wrote: »
    I'd love a garage gym! We'd hoped to get planning to build a new garage with room for a gym too but it was turned down. Maybe one day!

Mine is getting out walking locally. I'm very lucky to have country walks on my doorstep. It really helps me to wind down after homeschooling to get out with a podcast and just decompress.

Walking is great, made even better if you have nice places to walk. Luckily im in the Western Lake District so ive got the Fells and the coast on my doorstep. I do feel for those thar rely on a gym for exercise.
  • Frodobaggins29
    Frodobaggins29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Lying in bed binge watching movies 😂

I’m working on the walking outside but I’m post spinal surgery so it’s slow progress allowed only 😜
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Cycling.
    Not just for fitness but also a real feel good factor to be outside that lifts my mood. Had to modify my routine as could only do home-to-home (or a few car-to-car) rides to elminate the need to stop and interact with people.

Finding this winter lockdown far harder to tolerate as the weather (and Raynaud's) restricts when I can get out.
  • MrGBLincs
    MrGBLincs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine it's cycling (slowly), running (badly) and going for walks with my family.

And beer at the weekends. :D
  • Paul_Ingy
    Options
    MrGBLincs wrote: »

Got to have the weekend beers, absolutely 😆
  • alexp44
    alexp44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've barely done anything as I'm just so drained from working! I've pottered around the garden a bit digging it up and planting stuff and been walking. After lockdown 1 we went on some wanders in Northumberland and in summer used a week holiday just going on more walks around the area. We went into lockdown 2 pretty early up in the north east but managed to sneak to the lakes for a week of pure blissful walking that 1st week of November and caught the start of the proper national lockdown whilst over there. I did debate trying to stay. haha. Hopefully we'll be allowed a little further again and the weather cheers up because I miss my wanders.
  • ClaireBri74
    ClaireBri74 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Spin! Now I hated spin - always have thought I always would (enjoy normal cycling). As a shielder and not out the house at all I bought a spin bike as although I hated it I enjoy the sweat.

I found a class called the tripp (les mills on demand) and I have fallen in love with it!!! Also I will sit on the bike and cycle and watch a film.

Never would I ever have thought Spin would be my release.
  • ClaireBri74
    Options
    Paul_Ingy wrote: »
    For me, thankfully I have a decent sized garage turned into a home gym.

Ohh i'm very jealous. I have taken over the dining room to make my gym :)

• ClaireBri74
    Options
    AmunahSki wrote: »
    and aiming to look completely different the next time I see my family face to face!

I love that - I have a similar goal for getting back to the ice rink would love for people to not recognise me. It's 11 months since I was last there and I am currently 30lb less with very different hair so curious what they will see lol

• ClaireBri74
    Options
    Katerr1kk wrote: »

The weather the last few days have been lovely for walking! I love my audio books and podcasts :)
  • ClaireBri74
    Options
    moijo2013 wrote: »
    Lying in bed binge watching movies 😂

I’m working on the walking outside but I’m post spinal surgery so it’s slow progress allowed only 😜

Ohh what movies are on the current list? I'm running out of items on Amazon Prime :(

Good luck with your back :) Slow and steady wins the day!
  • ClaireBri74
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Cycling.
    Not just for fitness but also a real feel good factor to be outside that lifts my mood. Had to modify my routine as could only do home-to-home (or a few car-to-car) rides to elminate the need to stop and interact with people.

Finding this winter lockdown far harder to tolerate as the weather (and Raynaud's) restricts when I can get out.

I have to admit sitting inside on my bike does have the weather benefits. I miss outside cycles to the pub (in my opinion you need to have a lunch stop in mind for cycling lol)
  • ClaireBri74
    Options
    MrGBLincs wrote: »

I was about to ask about having pizza with the beer but read your other post :)
  • ClaireBri74
    Options
    alexp44 wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll be allowed a little further again and the weather cheers up because I miss my wanders.

We used to hike once a month and then do 3 /4 walking weekends each year. Totally missed those - will be lovely to walk properly again.

Lover your profile picture btw - where are you?
  • dididede
    dididede Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mines has been my new job - I was furloughed in March last year like a lot of people and then eventually made redundant after 9 years. Now I'm doing something completely different and I love getting to leave the house every day again, to go to work as a key worker and be useful in the community, so much better!
  • TattooedAndCurvy
    TattooedAndCurvy Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Mines been crystals! Sounds little weird but I've worked throughout this in the NHS, also been delivering food to people that cannot get out and I have a 14 and 3 year old. My husband's working all the time as a self employed Plumber so I've had to do everything and I'm bloody nackared! It got to the point where I couldn't sleep at all and I didn't want to rely on any pills. I researched crystals and found some that I thought might help and I tell you what they have! They have been my saviour. When I need time out I just go to the area I've set them up in our bedroom and I now have loads! 🙊. I've also been making jewellery to wear and give to friends out of Crystals. We walk as much as we can, we live right by fields and countryside so it's great to get our hiking boots on and just go. 😁
    rab5gt8k7msf.jpg

Iy6yvcv480pf9.jpg
    Ve[imv323ifqtzp76.jpg
    cdnqtc1yk9be.jpg

u81qmva9epta.jpg

ana7jmk21vtl.jpg
    9y2u19simf7n.jpg

• TattooedAndCurvy
    TattooedAndCurvy Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    😁