Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes Elliptical for 60 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    Congrats to all the winners and champions!
    Welcome newbies.

Three yeses for me, although I’m counting work as my exercise today. We drained and cleaned one of the seal pools which means sweeping loads of water uphill (why can no one design the pools properly?) and using the high pressure hose on the walls. This is much more physical than a normal day and of course all our normal duties were done in addition to this task. Back on track with logging and all under budget.

I only did kids Jiu Jitsu as I was absolutely exhausted. Came home early and gonna be asleep before my early bedtime! Only got 3 more work days left this week (benefits of lock down).

I wanted to tell you that I am thrilled to have you back posting regularly! I miss your wonderful stories and adventures, not to mention your humor always gives me a good chuckle! It does make one wonder why corporations or businesses do certain things, such as the pool you mentioned? Things tend to " look " good on paper, but when put into action, and not by the people who created them, it does NOT work so well! I also wanted to mention that I AM following your budding romance, better than reading a romance novel! I am so excited and thrilled for your new adventures with " your man " by your side! Staying tuned in and waiting.
    :p
  • pamjsa
    pamjsa Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Exercise ✔️ 35 minute walk
    Calories ✔️
    Tracking ✔️

Off to a good start in the new month.
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    2/01 Lifted weights for 45 minutes, moderate intensity.

I am having minor foot surgery this afternoon. Does anyone have suggestions for non movement exercise, like chair exercise?

I hope your surgery when well.
    Here are some chair exercises you may find useful. pick the once that suit you. Please take it easy.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chair+exercises

Wishing you speedy recovery o:)

@beautyofdreams I would post you some Youtube videos on chair exercises, and then I saw that @victorious55 posted this very message! Way to go, and thanks for helping her out by looking these videos up!
  • reachedmylimit
    reachedmylimit Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Feb. 1
    Exercise - Yes. Indoor rowing 20 min. Body Combat 60 min.
    Calories - Yes
    Tracked - Yes
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Over the pass few years on this healthy life style journey, I have discovered some truths and come to some conclusions. I have written down some of these truths and repeated them to myself.

I hope someone here find them useful...

These are some of the truths I discovered and I tell myself every week and sometimes every day, especially on weekends or parties.

1. It is about my health. This is one thing in this life that nobody can do for me.
    2. Nobody can exercise on my behalf. :(
    3. Nobody can keep track of what I eat, bite, lick, drink, etc., on my behalf :(
    4. Nobody can stay within my calorie/micro budget on my behalf :(
    5. Food is my body fuel. Food is made for my body not my body for food. Gasoline is made for cars not cars for gasoline.
    6. My body is too precious and too expensive to put any type of fuel. Just like you will put the premium fuel in BMW, Mercedes, etc.
    7. Nobody over fuel their expensive cars. Therefore, no overeating and getting sick, guilty etc., the next day for me. (truth I always tell myself on weekends)
    8. My goal in life is not to make pharmaceutical companies/ or big food merchants rich at my expense.

I honestly feel like we are twins! I FEEL the same way as YOU do on EVERY point YOU just made on this statement page! Bravo, my friend, and thanks for ALL the messages you handed out today! It NOT only helps the newbies to the UAC, but it reminds us older ones to the group as well! Can you PLEASE send me a friend request? I NEED you for the long haul!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    Some times, I "eat" or "gather" wisdoms from friends in the group I belong to.

Here is a wonderful piece from my friend @w8goal4life here in UAC.
    Thank you very much @w8goal4life.

Thoughts:

1. “Diet” is a 4 letter word I choose not to have in my vocabulary. I much prefer “nutrition plan.”
    2. Food is fuel and is absolutely essential for my body to run properly. The choices I make can be low grade, regular, premium or high test. Interestingly enough, for the most part, calories are inversely proportional to the fuel grades. I am the only one who is in control of filling the fuel tank.
    3. Exercise is an important component for a healthy being, but it doesn’t compensate for a poor nutrition plan.
    4. I am not alone on this journey. I have like-minded friends in UAC for cheerleaders; but know that I am the only one who can be accountable to me.
    5. It is important to be encouraging for others. I can be a cheerleader for another, but the path they choose is their own to take.
    6. Daily success is a gift I give to myself. I am worth it; and each day is an opportunity to begin anew and give myself another gift.
    7. A bad day is only a reminder that the next day can be a better day.
    8. We are better together.

Practical pointers:

1. A kitchen scale is absolutely essential for tracking and much more accurate than measuring or estimating.
    2. For tracking purposes, eating at home is preferable to eating out. Social eating is problematic, but planning ahead can mitigate some of the hazards.
    3. Keep it simple – recipes, in general, are counter-productive to weigh loss. Eg. Better to eat the apple than apple pie. Better to eat plain potato rather than potatoes au gratin or potato salad. Better to eat the banana rather than banana bread. Better to just have a piece of cheese instead of mac and cheese. Better to eat a plain egg than to turn it into an omelet.
    4. Keeping it simple requires much less prep time in the kitchen and fewer dishes to wash.
    5. Always better to track as one goes through the day, rather than trying to remember everything for an end of the day entry. Adjustments can be made more easily throughout the day.
    6. The scale is only a number. How one feels and their physical well being are better indicators of health.

Suggestions:

1. Portion control is my responsibility. I can begin to curb portions simply by using a smaller plate, filling it once, and not having seconds. I am known to eat ice cream in a small dish or cup, using a baby spoon. I get lots of small bites that way!
    2. Keep an insulated cup of ice water in the refrigerator or an easily accessible place at all times to stay hydrated. Limit beverages to just water/milk. Alcohol & juice are not good choices in a weight loss program.
    3. Have healthy fruit and vegetable snacks in the refrigerator for between meal hunger urges.
    4. Flossing and Brushing teeth after each meal may interrupt snack attacks and curb the desire to eat, again, right away.
    5. Everything in moderation. I don’t deny myself anything, but exercise judgment as to the portion size for each.
    6. Have a weight loss buddy. My buddies are the UAC participants. There is no better forum in MFP. We are blessed with reasonable daily goals that assure success if committed to the program…and it’s FREE!

I can guess who in the UAC said all these amazing things, but I am tossed between two people! Let us make this a guessing game! I THINK: The person who stated these things has a username that either starts with an M or a T. How did I do? Am I getting warm on the correct answer?
    I do ALL of the posted things; however, I do Love under the THOUGHTS section, #1 and #2. I will be USING #2 tomorrow in my groups! I started a group quote list that I send every morning to 65 people! It was just one person, my sister, who struggles with anxiety and myself at times! It has now SNOWBALLED into a much LARGER group! I did NOT know under the SUGGESTIONS section about #4, so I will try this!
    Thanks for posting ALL of this FANTASTIC info, even if passing it from your friend!
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the winner's circle!! Such a proud accomplishment to kick off 2021!

Yes x 3 for Monday
    Tracked, prelogging dinner. Took an hour dog walk, including some very steep hills!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    BobWw2017 wrote: »
    February 1

Congrats to the January Winners and Champions!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes. Long walk

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes. Nice deficit

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes

Looking forward to a great February!

See, you are already off to a better start than last month! Way to go!