Introduce yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• Cosnowbunny11
    Cosnowbunny11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am new to Keto. I started yesterday. So far its not too bad. I am finding that i am not eating my alloted calorie amount and im staying under my macros numbers. Is that a good thing? I want to be able to lose 48 pound by swimsuit season.
  • patsworth575
    patsworth575 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I just finished my second week. Will check tomorrow for progress. Hoping to lose 50 lbs, more if possible. Loving this WOE so far!
  • kwalton65
    kwalton65 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you just started, so go easy on yourself and dont worry too much about calories in or out for the first 2 weeks as your body adjusts. you might start to feel "funny" as your body depletes of carbs and converts to fat burning. make sure you drink a lot of water and get electrolytes to keep that keto flu at bay.
    dont be afraid to salt the heck out of your food for a while to help with the adaption.
  • Jbearbarnes
    Jbearbarnes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP off and on for years, but at the urging of our Dr hubs and I started fully on Keto last week. I researched Keto and began reducing carbs gradually before that. I've lost 12 lbs since 1/15.

My highest weight was 320. Goal 150ish. I'm now at 279!!! I am hopeful Keto will be what I need to get my weight under control for good. Our Dr had us watch YouTube videos by Dr Eric Berg. I chose Dietdoctor.com to help with meals, shopping, and getting started on this.

My hubs wasn't on board with Keto until after eating a few of the terrific Dietdoctor.com recipes and then watching Dr Berg videos that explain the science of all this.

I welcome you to add me for support and menu ideas!

• gentlelambslave
    gentlelambslave Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i am new to keto i am 35 years old 5'3" 205lb and find it hard to keep my carb intake down but that for now as of lack of money and lack of food in the home not completely lack of food just the very little that would have been ok before have too much carbs.
  • irma73
    irma73 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to Keto as well. I'm 5'7" 193 lbs. I'm finding it difficult to determine my macro needs. Is everyone here doing the standard ratios 70% fats, 5% carbs, and 25% protein, or are you following macros for your specific needs? If so, how do get that information?
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've used MFP and the calorie counting method once in the past, when my littles were actually little, and was sucessful, but it's not working this time. I've been "kind of" Keto for a month or so now, but really want to give it an honest try. I'll admit it, I go in waves with my will power and I love food. =) I'm looking for a few mom friends that are in similar situations as me, have open diaries (looking for new ideas and what other people do), and would be willing to answer questions when I have them. I started this adventure by reading "Anyway You Can," by Dr. Bosworth. Here goes:

I'm a 42 year old, happily married, mom of 3 teenagers. As my MFP name suggests, our 3 kids were born in 3 years, and I just never got it totally back together after that. I'm 5'7, 145ish lbs, not bad, but would like better, it's mainly my mid section. We often walk/ride bikes, but I work an office job part time that isn't super active. I'm also hoping to find people in the same mind set of not changing their family's way of eating, but fixing meals that can be keto by leaving a side or two out. Does that make sense?! lol

Thanks for listening and best of luck to all!
  • jessetyree86
    jessetyree86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jumped head first into Keto and discovering my body and how it’s adapting. I’ve been at it for about a month now and have lost 10!lbs... proud, but I feel like I could do better.
  • Funkynerdstar
    Funkynerdstar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Northern Ireland. Fat, Fifty, Fed Up! Working towards 2 stone weight loss by keto via IF 2MAD & WHM (breathing & cold showers). Bucketful of broken body parts from years of serving in the army (carrying too much weight, over far too long distances) followed by 20 years getting a fat @rse sat at a desk. I don't want to run a marathon (not yet, and never more than once). More muscle and more strength required.
  • poloinne
    poloinne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am starting Keto today. I have a bad habit of not changing my eating habits and ending a diet under a week. Being perimenopause my body shape is changing and my weight is going up. I am looking forward to a healthy change.
  • theresainsinger
    theresainsinger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all!
    I have been doing keto/low carb for quite some time and have decided to go full on Keto.
    Super excited to have a community for resources and encouragement!
  • kmichelle712017
    kmichelle712017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have been contemplating starting Keto for some time. I am a type II diabetic and my blood sugar is out of control. Starting keto, I'm hoping will reverse my diabetes and change my life for the better. I'm on metformin and do not wise to add any other medication to my daily regime.
  • maria4560h
    maria4560h Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello. I’m on keto. Done it off and on. Am sticking to it pretty well now.