new to the group

Options
doomspark
doomspark Posts: 228 Member
Been on MFP off and on for a while, and trying to actually stick with it this time.

About me: male, 51 years old. 5' tall, and 192 lbs (as of this morning). Looking for friendly motivators (I do better with a carrot rather than a stick), and older folks like me to hang with.

Replies

• andypandy1109
    andypandy1109 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hi you can add me as a friend and motivator im an ex ww leader needing encouragement to re loose my weight and it never hurts to have folk in the same boat:flowerforyou:
  • 1960yoyo
    1960yoyo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group. New to technology, but definitely not new to losing weight. I just bought a new computer that runs faster so it will make it easier to log in every day to track my food and exercise. I really like the calorie counter and how the site shows the breakdown of food as far as grams of protein, carbs, sugar, sodium, etc. Soon I'm be getting blood work done to show my current cholesterol levels, levels, liver function, etc.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me as a friend, if you'd like!
  • carolinehobbs11
    Options
    I'm new to the group. I had sleeve on 5/6/14 and have lost 39 lbs. I'm 5'5' and the best thing so far is the loss of hunger and craving. I have more energy and soon I hope to drop some meds. Whoever came up with the sleeve is a genius.
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking on a sleeve. I am glad it has worked for you. Keep up the great results, friend me if you like, I would love to hear of your success.

• ma_bitts
    ma_bitts Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to this group, and coming back to MFP after a new diabetes diagnosis. I'm 53.

I've dieted, on and off, since I was a teenager, and until my mid-40s, I was able to maintain a healthy weight. A couple of years ago, I sloooooowly lost 30 pounds on a very restrictive plan. That took more than a year, and it brought me halfway to my goal. This past year, since the pandemic, I stopped eating that way and gained it all back --and much more.

So now it's time to stop pretending I can eat whatever I want to, just because of stress, and to get healthier again. I know it won't be easy, but I'm excited to see the results, however long that will take. I can't pretend that I can eat like my husband does and not gain. And after my recent T2 diabetes diagnosis, I also need to figure out how to keep my blood sugar down while I lose, so any tips for diabetic recipes and snacks are helpful too.

Thank you for reading, and I hope we can support one another toward better health!