Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I keep getting mfp friend requests from tramps. Lol! I wish there were built in replies.

@quilteryoyo I don't think my scale is really down, I changed the batteries in it today so we'll soon see.

Beanies abscess had finally stopped oozing. Yuck.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    I keep getting mfp friend requests from tramps. Lol! I wish there were built in replies.

@quilteryoyo I don't think my scale is really down, I changed the batteries in it today so we'll soon see.

You too? I was wondering what I was doing to attract the attention of that kind of female. I think it must be bots. I post on a couple of chatty threads and every time I post a pic I get a couple of nibbles from guys (usually wayyyyy too young and brolike to have much in common with me) but the friend requests from girls in bikinis with their legs spread is a new thing!

I’m glad Bean is doing a little better, poor girl.

I used to work as a vet assistant for a guy with a mixed practice and if you think small animal abscesses are bad, try large animals! Not infrequently saw like a gallon of pus pumped out of a cow or horse, ew....
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options

You too? I was wondering what I was doing to attract the attention of that kind of female. I think it must be bots. I post on a couple of chatty threads and every time I post a pic I get a couple of nibbles from guys (usually wayyyyy too young and brolike to have much in common with me) but the friend requests from girls in bikinis with their legs spread is a new thing!

lol i thought i was the only one..

recently i've been eating everything in sight. and not running. but i'm starting a week-long national holiday for chinese new year day after tomorrow so there's a glimmer of hope there.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    That moment when you think you are 75 calories over goal, you double check your diary and realise there was a double entry in coffee. Yay only 15 calories over goal!
  • swenson19d
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @rheddmobile I watched a show about a large animal vet. I cant remember where he was, but he had some horse abscesses and yes huge amounts. I guess goats get them often too.

@Avidkeo YAY! love it when that happens!

So shocking to open a friend request and see the spread! cmon. I agree, probably a bot. I get the dumb dude requests, they can't help it. not a bot. LOL!

ETA @noblsheep I love customs of other countries. You have anything you could share with us regarding the Chinese New Year? I think its interesting, your culture is so much older than ours. We are just spoiled brats and you all are wise.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,010 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d I'm getting requests from skanky men. I always go to their profile to see what they say. The last couple have had pictures of naked ladies. I figured that would be the case with the one this morning since his name was ceixman. Really? You would think that MFP would have some sort of filter. Glad Bear quit oozing.

@noblsheep Hang in there. Hopefully being able to get out and run will help.
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    That moment when you think you are 75 calories over goal, you double check your diary and realise there was a double entry in coffee. Yay only 15 calories over goal!
    HAHAHA You're doing great.

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I've gotten two similar friend requests lately. It's like spam just figured MFP out
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Abscess - I also worked for a vet for several years and at the zoo in Oakland. Abscesses were one of the worst. I can remember less than a handful of times when the vet would stop a procedure and make sure none of the staff was going to vomit or pass out. Abscess treatments were one, especially the big ones. I hope she recovers well from it @swenson19d!
    I hope dd and/or dh helped you with the cleanup!

Laptops - I was a windows person for forever and taught all the windows/microsoft applications. My thoughts and comparison under the split.
    It was all that was available at work and seemed logical to have it at home too. Before I retired I decided to switch over to Apple since I had all the other Apple products. I was fortunate that dd had upgraded her Mac and still had her old one, which she sent to me so I could play with it before spending all the $$. I also bought a couple of books on Mac OS so I could figure out all the windows tricks that I was used to doing. I even have the Microsoft bundle (word, excel, powerpoint, onenote and outlook) for Mac. I have not found anything I can't do on my Mac that I could do in windows and many things I can do on the Mac that I couldn't do in windows. I have not had any problems with accessing things on Onedrive and that may be an issue with your iPad iOS. The file systems are, however, completely different and incompatible. But Apple has created ways to 'fix' that. I have a backup, external drive, with all my files from my windows pc. I can access and read them from the drive on my Mac but I cannot modify, delete or save them to the external drive. To make any changes I have to save them to my Mac and change/save them there. Since dh has a windows pc, I can connect my external drive to it and delete or even change what I want.
    Since I have an iPhone I can do lots of things on my Mac and it shows up on my phone too and vice versa. I can create notes on the Mac, like a grocery list and it syncs to the phone. Same with pictures on my phone, automatically go to my Mac. I can also text message from my Mac and not just to other Apple users. The one big plus in my mind, well actually 2... The constant (daily, weekly) windows updates are nonexistent and the constant issues, crashes, security problems, etc. don't happen. I don't think my Mac has ever crashed or even locked up./spoiler]
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    The rest of my post that MFP kept messing with...
    Friend requests - yep I am getting those bikini donned women requests too and @quilteryoyo, one of my other friends got one with a nude profile picture. When I get the weird skanky dude friend requests I usually go look at their profile and they typically have no male friends and no information. I think MFP does do some filtering. One of the guys I am friends with is a body builder and had a before and after picture of his upper body and was contacted by MFP and told to take it down. maybe we need to be notifying them when we get these requests although I have never been overly impressed with their technical/customer support
    @noblsheep - how are the New Year celebrations? I have heard they are very toned down this year because of the virus. Hope you can get out for some runs this next week! Is it cold?
    @avidkeo - I love when that happens!
    @RunsOnEspresso - I hope you aren't too banged up and can get yourself back up and onto the buckboard! You got this!!

I didn't eat enough yesterday and when we got home from a really fun, challenging night of agility I was starving. So I apologized to dh and broke IF to have a protein drink. It helped - I slept like a log! Note - I have been tracking his glucose numbers and it seems the IF is helping. There was an initial drop from the metformin dose change that occurred just before we started the IF but then the trend has continued to go down even though he really hasn't changed much of what he is eating, just the timing.
    @rheddmobile - I told him what you said about the donuts and he laughed then tested after he ate them - his number was more then double!! Yikes! I think it was an eye opener even for him.
  • swenson19d
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @shanaber You know my laptop crashed and had to be reset completely just before classes began. I have since gotten the blue screen 3 times and I cringe each time that again I'll spend 2 days fixing it. I do have the warranty. But... I am so tempted to make the switch. My phone and laptop pair and I can access files from one to the other. That's kinda nice. I'm going to mull it over and see where I am with school funds. (Tax deduction). Ain't stupid ;)

I would absolutely report those users. I report the skanks that try to FR Alex on fb still. I mean how are they even finding his page? He's deceased and it is not supposed to come up as "you might know" this person.

If I have time I might report the two I have pending. More reports might flag the "user" eventually.

Made it to Dallas. Roads were icy and there were so many roll overs. Temps are warmer south so I have to creep about half the trip. Still unnerving swing so many vehicles in the ditches upside down. I am moving to Hawaii, no road ice. Anxious for doc appointment. My owestry score is 40. Low back disability index score, and thats the top edge of moderate. See? I am worse.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @shanaber I am a Windows girl ONLY because that's what I know best. I've used Mac for video editing and it's hands down the most stable. I personally think mac is a far superior product, but that's because they control EVERYTHING. whereas Windows say you need this to work, and leave it at that.

What I don't like about mac, or apple, is the forced obsolete they do. I have a PC that is about 10 years old and it still works. It can be a bit slow, but it goes great. It's attached to the TV and that's what we use to play netflix etc (also a very old TV). Apple would have rendered it unusable by now. And I object to the price. Just want a basic laptop to surf the Web etc. That's $1500 (NZD). I can bet a basic PC that does that for less than 500.

But if you want stability, reliability and I'll agree pretty good after care, and if you already have apple products, yep mac is great.

Wow that was a rant! Lol.

• Avidkeo
    Options
    I'm not getting any friend requests. At least not that I can see, I'm on my browser on my phone for the forums, and use the App for counting so don't get those friend request notifications. Just had a look. I have 7 requests, and only 1 had a "sexy" pose profile pic. I just ignore them pretty much. That would be why I don't have friends on here haha.

@runs_on_espresso we've all been there. That was me last year remember. Keep trying, you are having a rough time, and you know you will jump on that wagon again.

I slept reasonably well till 630am,t then woke and was awake. DH and I are going out for lunch today, after I do an 8k run. I'm just relaxing in bed till the kids go to school. I'll go for my run when they leave. Planning today will be key. I always like to know where we are going so I can plan what I'm going to eat ahead of time.

Weather today, well the rain never showed yesterday. I was disappointed I didn't go on my bike after all but I enjoyed lazing around. That rain has showed up today. Its drizzly and breezy. So perfect weather for a run in summer!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @shanaber You know my laptop crashed and had to be reset completely just before classes began. I have since gotten the blue screen 3 times and I cringe each time that again I'll spend 2 days fixing it. I do have the warranty. But... I am so tempted to make the switch. My phone and laptop pair and I can access files from one to the other. That's kinda nice. I'm going to mull it over and see where I am with school funds. (Tax deduction). Ain't stupid ;)

I would absolutely report those users. I report the skanks that try to FR Alex on fb still. I mean how are they even finding his page? He's deceased and it is not supposed to come up as "you might know" this person.

If I have time I might report the two I have pending. More reports might flag the "user" eventually.

Made it to Dallas. Roads were icy and there were so many roll overs. Temps are warmer south so I have to creep about half the trip. Still unnerving swing so many vehicles in the ditches upside down. I am moving to Hawaii, no road ice. Anxious for doc appointment. My owestry score is 40. Low back disability index score, and thats the top edge of moderate. See? I am worse.

I don’t think there’s much point in reporting the latest batch of lady friend requests. I accepted one out of curiosity and it promptly sent me a link in Russian, then no other activity. The account has one friend - me - and has done nothing else. So I think the bot makes a new account for each target, probably to avoid the MFP filter which would ordinarily catch an account sending hundreds of friend requests at once.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Oh good! I came in here to see if you all were getting the skanky friend requests too.
    I use both Windows and Apple. Mostly Apple these days!

My rollercoaster weight was down today.
  • swenson19d
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Still hanging out at Baylor...
    Doc wants the MRI, so I'm waiting to be worked in for my magnetic nap. He is concerned about my back. Says I NEED to see the neurologist, and I am supposed to receive a referral. My knee bop's are hyper reactive and one had clonus today. I told him dr google said I has MS but don't believe him because he has no medical training. I was just letting him know that yes I get it could be something.

We'll do a telephone follow up next Wednesday. He's an apple guy. So guess that scinchs (sp) it. I'll make the move... In time.

Eta I've been here 53 minutes waiting on the MRI... I can only hope that it is because traffic is an... Oh update.. now I get MRI nap at 3.. good thing I brought hw

My hips are good, no impingement and the leg is still newly fixed so it still maybe recovering.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I'm a PC person and will never stray from my Samsung phone again. I tried LG a while back and it was AWFUL. I had to take an Apple class when I was considering graphic design (way back when that stuff was pretty much only apple). Didn't like it (aced the class though). I had an iPod. Hated iTunes and the iPod.

A few years ago I needed a new desktop for photo editing. I looked at all my options even went to best buy to play on a mac. I was able to get a Dell with all the same stats as apple for half the price. Now, I need to add a new hard drive because I need more space (RAW files a YUGE). But it took 7 years of RAW files to fill it. I really should go through them and delete crap. I often go back and play with old images. I have them backed up to Amazon cloud and an external hard drive as well.

I went out for a 5k runch today. I'm trying.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso you are a genius! I love you. I'll take a class this summer and make the decision!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,010 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso Next time that wagon comes around to run over you, grab hold and hang on. You can do this.

@swenson19d I'm glad you made it to Dallas safely. It's scary with conditions like that. Sorry you're worse, but you probably already knew that and was just confirmation. I really do hope they can do something to help.

@Avidkeo I'm a Windows girl too because that is what I know. I don't want to try to learn an entirely new system. The last job I had in the AF I used a Mac. I really didn't like it and did manage to freeze it up. My co-worker said he had never, ever had anyone who could do that. Leave it to me. I'm horrible with computers, hence, sticking to what I know.

We had a meeting with our probate lawyer this afternoon. Nothing big. Just signing papers. We also did a couple of other things while in town - by brother drove us - so it was after 4 before I got home. I started to take today as a rest day, but it was nice out - well, temps were around 55°F, but I thought it was a little bit chilly. Anyway, I decided I couldn't waste this kind of winter day, so I put chicken and potatoes in the oven and then went out and walked laps on the driveway while it cooked. I added some Fast Greens (kale) to complete the meal.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @quilteryoyo YUM! I have chicken and potatoes. You just pop them in on bake? I may be stealing your meal for tomorrows lunch- looks like the weather is keeping me from trekking to class. oh boo hoo :) Love your 55F its 26 here.

I thought of a motivation to eat better while navigating home. If I had to subtract a mile/kilometer for every 100 calories I ate over maintenance it might curtail my eating.
    Right now there is no effort to build endurance, so I eat terribly. So. I may devise a way to remove steps (and start counting them) as a way to motivate myself.