New to this journey

Options
I have been battling IBS for years. My mom has similar issues and her gastroenterologist advised the FoDMAP elimination diet. I am working it with her to help her understand the diet and identify her triggers. Overall, the foods seem pretty high carb, so it makes me anxious.

Replies

• rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to it, too. My gastro thinks it's IBS triggered by stress/anxiety, as I am under a lot of it currently. I've been trying to do the low FODMAP diet, but, my dietician is no longer here, and I'm struggling to get in to see a new one. I have a bunch of diet requirements already for other health reasons, so, following a low FODMAP diet is proving to be insanely difficult.
  • kjtruax1
    kjtruax1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started a FODMAP diet today to help determine trigger foods for IBS. Hoping I can lose some weight as an added bonus. I am 52 years old and well over what I should weigh. I have tried dieting before but always seem to lose, plateau, and then gain it all back cause I give up. I moved recently to a new town and established care with a new doctor. She is very thorough and suggested this FODMAP option. I had never heard of it before but have done a bit of googling and am learning a lot.
  • MaryCassatt
    MaryCassatt Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I’m being treated for breast cancer and after surgery and radiation, I was placed on an estrogen blocker called Anastrozole. I’m supposed to take it for the next 5 years. I’ve been nauseous since starting (among many other side effects), which has been problematic. My oncologist suggested looking into FODMAP and it seems to be working. I’ve only been doing it a few days, but it’s made a difference for me so far.