New to this Group

Options
HI!! I'm Sarah and I'm going in for Gastric Sleeve surgery in about a month. I'm very nervous, but excited!
Any tips or suggestions? Do's and don'ts?

Replies

• azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i am also considering wls and am interested in all pros and cons. Good Luck @sarah61475 on your surgery!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

It seems like every surgeon is different with their
    expectations so the best things I learned are
    -Start making changes right away, it will be easier if you have beaten a few cravings before hand
    -pay attention to your body, it will tell you if it doesn’t like something (the can and cannot eat list varies for everyone, like I can eat popcorn, lots of people can’t, but I now have a sensitivity to dairy)
    -don’t rush through the stages of adding food back in
    - take your vitamins especially for the first year!
    - Read lots of forums and groups (there is good stuff in the depths of this group) the good and the bad, you should be prepared for struggles and ready to celebrate the success!

I had the roux-en-y bypass surgery in 2018
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Good morning!

It seems like every surgeon is different with their
    expectations so the best things I learned are
    -Start making changes right away, it will be easier if you have beaten a few cravings before hand
    -pay attention to your body, it will tell you if it doesn’t like something (the can and cannot eat list varies for everyone, like I can eat popcorn, lots of people can’t, but I now have a sensitivity to dairy)
    -don’t rush through the stages of adding food back in
    - take your vitamins especially for the first year!
    - Read lots of forums and groups (there is good stuff in the depths of this group) the good and the bad, you should be prepared for struggles and ready to celebrate the success!

I had the roux-en-y bypass surgery in 2018

thank you for the insights. I've had my doc send in my recommendation, so the process has started. I want to wake up with less pain and be able to do the things I used to do, like hiking and kayaking. I'm not looking to be "Barbie". That's ok for anyone who wants to be, but not on my radar.