February 9 Sign In

Options
124»

Replies

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 - I spilled boiling water on my leg as a kid and burned off lots of skin on the top of my right thigh and the doc had me use cocoa butter. No trace of the scar by my teenage years. I know it wasn't just my skin, because let me tell you how many other scars I still have from that time. LOL. Highly recommend the cocoa butter.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    pass day #1
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Congratulations on getting your first vaccination. Most people don't get any reaction beyond the usual arm tenderness and some mild fatigue. Those are common to all traditional vaccines.
    Best wishes,
    Rick

I’m not expecting any problems as I don’t usual suffer more than a mild tenderness with needles. I barely notice the needle going into my arm.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Feb 9

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)

@RangerRickL, thank you those rules are so true. They are very rewarding.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 What a wild ride you've been on the past few days. Hope you are able to get the in-person doctor visit.
    --

Thank you @MaltedTea
    Turns out my Apple Watch is not capturing accurate heart rate. I’m *much* better since figuring that out. Doctor has told me to keep an eye on it, note any changes, keep him informed.
    I likely will schedule an in-person physical as it’s been delayed a while now due to COVID.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Congratulations on getting your first vaccination. Most people don't get any reaction beyond the usual arm tenderness and some mild fatigue. Those are common to all traditional vaccines.
    Best wishes,
    Rick

I’m not expecting any problems as I don’t usual suffer more than a mild tenderness with needles. I barely notice the needle going into my arm.

@terririchardson112 my daughter was the same. In fact she had joked she thought they did not give her a shot. Day 2, she was solidly sick. Day 3, like nothing happened. If you do feel I’ll today, look at it positively as that is your immune system kicking in to protect you in the future. I also here, that it is considered best to not medicate against the reaction and power through the short lived effect.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 and @MadisonMolly2017
    Initially, we are going to advertise the workshop in our west suburban Chicago home market.

In the past, I would do at least 4 free public workshops per month. As I aged, my focus changed too. In 2000, I got a call from a dear friend regarding her husband who had just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. I had already had great career in real estate and law. After that call, I had to add health care; nursing homes; and elder focused law to my legal tool kit.
    Due to COVID, public event marketing died too.
    Fortunately, we have a client family base of over 5,000 client families and we get lots of referrals.
    Nonetheless, every business needs to keep marketing or die.
    One of my daughters is also one of my law partners. Another daughter is a podcast producer in LA. Her husband is a sound engineer. They are working with me and our law firm to create combination of live attorneys as the framework for the 40 minute professionally edited video on retirement account tax planning; customized beneficiary concerns; and dementia.
    All of us are working on a production that is out of our comfort zone, but I love the challenge of making complex legal concepts simpler.
    If you wanted to see when we run it, send me a private message. It will be a marketing workshop for our firm, but we are not in your states, so no worries!!
    Rick

@rangerrickl pm sent. Not sure if they go through as we are not mfp “friends”. Will be a good test of the system.
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MaltedTea
    Turns out my Apple Watch is not capturing accurate heart rate. I’m *much* better since figuring that out. Doctor has told me to keep an eye on it, note any changes, keep him informed.
    I likely will schedule an in-person physical as it’s been delayed a while now due to COVID.

@MadisonMolly2017
    I use a Garmin watch as a tracker and I have discovered that if the watch is loose or the battery is low that it registers some weird heart rates which can show up as extremely high. I'm in the habit now of double checking the charge before I start.

• oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL I have also sent a test message like @SModa61 as I would also be interested in viewing the video!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MaltedTea

@MadisonMolly2017
    I use a Garmin watch as a tracker and I have discovered that if the watch is loose or the battery is low that it registers some weird heart rates which can show up as extremely high. I'm in the habit now of double checking the charge before I start.

@fractaltiger Thank you!!!
    (Cool name!). Welcome to the group!!
    Maddie
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Yes *3

2 passes
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @fractaltiger Thank you!!!
    (Cool name!). Welcome to the group!!
    Maddie

@MadisonMolly2017
    Thank you!

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @oh_jackie I did not get your message. Please send me a friend request. In the past, I/we could freely use PM. Due to creepy people doing creepy things, MFP has changed the rules. I now accept friend requests from active UAC members.
    Thanks, Rick
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @fractaltiger
    I'm glad that @MadisonMolly2017 welcomed you. I second her hospitality.
    You are definitely welcome here!
    Rick