February 11 Sign In

Options

Replies

• audreys03
    audreys03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes strength workout, being careful not to aggravate my calf. Tomorrow I may try walking and see how it goes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes

Pass days used - 2

Tuesday I'm going to legislative meetings again. The group I travel with provide meals, and I will not know what is being provided in advance. I am really struggling with how to address this. It's not really an option to pack a meal, or just sit out as this is like a business lunch, but I can't eat like this every week. I'm thinking about emailing the organizer about my problem, but I can't think of a way to do that without sounding needy. Any ideas?
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for both Thursday and Wednesday

Tracked both days and have been on track though my food hasn't been the most nutritious. I did have alot of exercise today and am feeling good though. Hope to get in alot of workouts I er the upcoming long weekend.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    denaberg1 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new. Hopefully it's OK to join in (just for the accountability) midway through! I've been on MFP for years, but never stuck with it. Prior to MFP I very loyally logged on a different website for YEARS. That site closed, and I've never stuck with logging since. I'm hoping some accountability helps...that's how I found this group!

I exercised 60 minutes today.
    I stayed within my calorie allowance.
    I tracked everything today.

Welcome @denaberg1 !!
    Of course it is okay! Nice to meet you!
    This group is magic! Give yourself a few months to settle in!
    🎶☃️😄
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    @MrsHofffer Yay!! Ur excitement is making me excited! Well done that's just awesome!!!!!

@denaberg1 Hello and welcome!

@RangerRickL and @Bill70strong i totally agree with @MadisonMolly2017 you guys really are just amazing! Machines is wat i like to call it. Lol!!!!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, treadmill 34 mins / 1.98 mi
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Pass Days Used: 1/3
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    audreys03 wrote: »
    The group I travel with provide meals, and I will not know what is being provided in advance. I am really struggling with how to address this. It's not really an option to pack a meal, or just sit out as this is like a business lunch, but I can't eat like this every week. I'm thinking about emailing the organizer about my problem, but I can't think of a way to do that without sounding needy. Any ideas?

What type of meals are these? It seems odd that whoever provides the meals doesn't ask about dietary restrictions. I would think at a minimum they should have vegetarian and kosher options. I don't think it's needy to ask the organizer about alternatives. What if someone had a serious allergy or celiac disease?

Without knowing more about the type of meals that are being provided it's hard to provide specific ideas. I try to eat healthy even when I'm not trying to lose weight because I like good quality food. So when I've been in these types of situations I try to limit myself to the items I find tolerable and leave the rest. For me that means eat any salad, vegetable and protein available but skip anything starchy or sweet. And also minimize portions. I also always had some kind of bar (Lara, Kind, Clif nut butter, etc), trail mix or nuts so that if I was still a little hungry I'd have something additional to eat. Sandwiches and chips are especially problematic for me as I don't like most bread.
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes An hour on the elliptical in zones 2 and 3.
    Tracking: Yes. I skipped the iced sugar cookies someone brought into work so...
    Calories: Yes

I skipped the donuts last week. :D
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely walk 🚶‍♀️to the backery with my older son, right after walking up ❄. Reminded us both of the holidays *sigh*. Miss going away... 😔

Also walked with hubs 👫 in the evening. And had a fun tabata 🤸‍♀️ workout (Ranier Polard 😁) in the afternoon.

I had over 200 calories left 🙌, in spite of the backery goods 🥐. Well, at least we earned them! 💪
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes An hour on the elliptical in zones 2 and 3.
    Tracking: Yes. I skipped the iced sugar cookies someone brought into work so...
    Calories: Yes

I skipped the donuts last week. :D

@fractaltiger AWESOME job skipping the sugar cookies and donuts!! KUDOS!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Snow stopped play again today so not my usual exercise routine before work but heyho...
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 20 min Leslie sansone, 30 min cleaning, 40 min afternoon walk
    Tracking yes calories yes
    @donna25trinity I too am a lover of quiche, but so high in calories, check out crustless quiche?

@fatbambi2017 Ive never tried it but that wld be lovely and alot less calories!!! Do u make ur crustless quiches from scratch or do u buy them premade?

@donna25trinity I make my own, so easy to do, loads of recipes online....
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer Congrats on your new jogging PR!
    @audreys03 @LazyBlondeChef said everything I would've said, but better lol

Here's my late entry for FEB112021. This is becoming a habit...

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Bret Contreras' Strong Curves "At Home Workout" (35), Twerkday Thursday 💃🏾 (40) TOTAL: 75 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 339
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? YES | 40%
    Pass Days Used: --