2/11
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • audreys03
    audreys03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    audreys03 wrote: »
    The group I travel with provide meals, and I will not know what is being provided in advance. I am really struggling with how to address this. It's not really an option to pack a meal, or just sit out as this is like a business lunch, but I can't eat like this every week. I'm thinking about emailing the organizer about my problem, but I can't think of a way to do that without sounding needy. Any ideas?

What type of meals are these? It seems odd that whoever provides the meals doesn't ask about dietary restrictions. I would think at a minimum they should have vegetarian and kosher options. I don't think it's needy to ask the organizer about alternatives. What if someone had a serious allergy or celiac disease?

Without knowing more about the type of meals that are being provided it's hard to provide specific ideas. I try to eat healthy even when I'm not trying to lose weight because I like good quality food. So when I've been in these types of situations I try to limit myself to the items I find tolerable and leave the rest. For me that means eat any salad, vegetable and protein available but skip anything starchy or sweet. And also minimize portions. I also always had some kind of bar (Lara, Kind, Clif nut butter, etc), trail mix or nuts so that if I was still a little hungry I'd have something additional to eat. Sandwiches and chips are especially problematic for me as I don't like most bread.

Last time they took us out to an expensive restaurant and also provided boxes of donuts during the drive. I did pack some snacks last time, in case I was hungry... but I gave in to the good food. I think I really need to learn to do better with my choices when in an unfamiliar restaurant. I may pack something that appeals to me more than the string cheese I tried last time, and decide in advance on a salad or soup maybe.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Glad you’re ok @fossil9078!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @denaberg1 You are very welcome here!!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @fossil9078 I'm sorry to learn of your car accident. Even when we are not physically injured, we are emotionally injured. I hope you recovery as soon as possible.
    Rick
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,988 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Treadmill and 10 min HIIT
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,289 Member
    Options
    Date: 2/11
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    audreys03 wrote: »
    Last time they took us out to an expensive restaurant and also provided boxes of donuts during the drive. I did pack some snacks last time, in case I was hungry... but I gave in to the good food. I think I really need to learn to do better with my choices when in an unfamiliar restaurant. I may pack something that appeals to me more than the string cheese I tried last time, and decide in advance on a salad or soup maybe.

Donuts? No way to make that a healthy choice. So bringing your own snacks for breakfast is a good idea. But at least if you're in a restaurant you should be able to order some combination of salad (dressing on the side), soup (not cream) and/or a decent entree choice (look for something that has a simple preparation). Personally I'd go with fish if it was available because it's more likely to be prepared simply and tends to be less caloric than a meat or pasta dish. The problem with a lot of restaurant food is they use way more fat than most people use at home.
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    11th February:
    A good day, but I forgot to post or close my food diary. Stayed under calories, did just about 20 minutes walking (room for improvement there!) and tracked.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    @fatbambi2017 i had a look online and ur right looks easy enough. Yummm ill give it a try thia week! Thanks!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Feb 11

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

3/3
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise at least 20 minutes? Shoveled snow for 20 minutes. Treadmill for 45 minutes. Still sore from yesterdays weight training but feel really good and looking forward to tomorrow's session.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, am under by 370 calories and full.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Did not exercise for 4 days so all pass days are used.

It has not been above 0(with windchill) since last Thursday and will not be above 0 with windchill until next Wednesday. I am looking forward to that 10 degree temperature. Had to laugh when I read a thread where one of the responses was "they wish that they lived in a state with 4 distinct seasons"! I wish that I lived in a state where I didn't have to dress in 3 layers to go outside in the winter!

Ditto on that! What state do you live in? I am in Illinois!
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    denaberg1 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new. Hopefully it's OK to join in (just for the accountability) midway through! I've been on MFP for years, but never stuck with it. Prior to MFP I very loyally logged on a different website for YEARS. That site closed, and I've never stuck with logging since. I'm hoping some accountability helps...that's how I found this group!

I exercised 60 minutes today.
    I stayed within my calorie allowance.
    I tracked everything today.

Welcome to the UAC! You will love it here! <3