Mini waffle maker recipes

Options
So I have several of my friends doing these and I just wondered if anyone on here has tried them and what was /is your favorite recipe ? I had mini waffles for dinner tonight and as I was about to make the last one I realized there wasn't enough batter for a whole waffle so I added a slice of turkey bacon torn into pieces (25 calories) and 1/16 of a cup of grated mild cheddar cheese (55 calories) ...it tasted pretty good and now I want to expand this !

I think in the morning I might do an egg and ham and cheese ! (No waffle mix)

Replies

• Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ok so here is my very first Chaffle ty3ue9c0s094.jpg
  • Rashel_kitten
    Options
    The recipe 01srlxzgieeh.jpg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Looks really good, but where are you getting cheese that is 55 Cal for 1/4 cup? Usually cheese is about 110 cal per oz/quarter cup and even the reduced fat is 70 or 80ish?
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Looks really good, but where are you getting cheese that is 55 Cal for 1/4 cup? Usually cheese is about 110 cal per oz/quarter cup and even the reduced fat is 70 or 80ish?

I'm guessing because it is shredded? so it there is lots of air space in that 1/5 of a cup?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh my cheese...I think 28 g. is 110 calories...I can pack a lot more than that in a 1/4 measuring cup!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    I agree @conniewilkins56 , the only way I feel comfortable measuring cheese accurately is by weight. Some things its not so big a deal if you are off a bit....but cheese isn't one of those things!
  • Rashel_kitten
    Options

It's not the way it logged it in my diary is misleading which is why I posted the other picture where I detailed how much. The serving size is 1/3 of a cup for 110 calories. I have a little cup that is 1/3 of a cup so I filled it half full (I did not pack it in just filled it how I normally would till it looked like half) so what I used was 1/6 of a cup for 55 calories ... that .2 cup is how the app chose to show it when I made the recipe.... sorry for the confusion.
  • Rashel_kitten
    Options
    I still wrote that wrong the serving is 1/4 cup on that cheese for 110 calories ... I filled my 1/4 cup measuring cup half full so 1/8 of a cup was 55 calories and it still put it this way on the recipe when I made it ...

Now I made another kind that had a different cheese that is 80 calories for 1/3 of a cup and I used half of that too when I made that one so 1/6 of a cup and it was 40 calories I'm sorry I got the measurements mixed up when I wrote it out but the calorie numbers are still correct...

And if I'm honest these amounts of cheese are just right for the mini waffle maker any more and it wouldn't all fit !
  • Rashel_kitten
    Options
    Ok so here is my very first Chaffle ty3ue9c0s094.jpg

So this one should say 1/8 of a cup of cheese but all the calorie amounts are still right..
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Cheese is a tricky thing. I always do weight on it cause measure cups can be hugely inaccurate. If you weight there is no guess work as to how much goes in. Cheese is so high calorie and so amazing that I can easily go over my calories by eyeballing it
  • Rashel_kitten
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    Cheese is a tricky thing. I always do weight on it cause measure cups can be hugely inaccurate. If you weight there is no guess work as to how much goes in. Cheese is so high calorie and so amazing that I can easily go over my calories by eyeballing it

I don't have a kitchen scale so I'm doing my best right now. You don't have to use the cheese if it makes that much difference for your individual needs the one I made today is only hamburger and egg and season salt ...
  • Rashel_kitten
    Options
    My Hamburger, Egg Chaffle65mmyx03k9mi.jpg
  • Rashel_kitten
    Options
    The rest of the Hamburger, Egg Chaffle I ate for lunch. Mmmmm I froze the hamburger meat in 2 oz flat patties so they would be easy to defrost and crumble just for this !
    5y9uv8aovpt9.jpg
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I think these all look amazing!...honestly, sometimes I measure cheese and sometimes I weigh it...I could eat an entire pound of it!....
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    That’s totally my problem. I will eat the whole block if I don’t weight it and then put the rest up! It can’t even be out when I’m cooking cause I’ll just snack on it.

I wish I could think of crazy things to throw into a waffle maker. All of those things look amazing.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options

It's not the way it logged it in my diary is misleading which is why I posted the other picture where I detailed how much. The serving size is 1/3 of a cup for 110 calories. I have a little cup that is 1/3 of a cup so I filled it half full (I did not pack it in just filled it how I normally would till it looked like half) so what I used was 1/6 of a cup for 55 calories ... that .2 cup is how the app chose to show it when I made the recipe.... sorry for the confusion.

Ah I weigh all my cheese and the bags give 1/4 cup or 28g as a serving. I log my Kroger brand cheese by an entry that uses the quarter cup servong, but still weigh it, so if I use 21g I enter 0.75 of the serving.

Alot of entries here are jacked up, that just caught my eye, lol
  • Rashel_kitten
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    That’s totally my problem. I will eat the whole block if I don’t weight it and then put the rest up! It can’t even be out when I’m cooking cause I’ll just snack on it.

I wish I could think of crazy things to throw into a waffle maker. All of those things look amazing.

You don't have to think even ! Look up healthy Chaffle recipes or Keto Chaffle recipes ! There are sooo many recipes already out there!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    So excited I bought two of these today!...can’t wait to try one of the recipes!...thanks for the information about them!....I also bought a new dish drainer and an olive oil mister!
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Late to the party, I don't have a mini waffle so did belgian chaffles for dinner
    3eggs
    78g mozzarella
    1.5T almond flour
    .33t baking powder
    Makes 2 normal belgian waffles

Honestly would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Unfortunately calories are similar to flour based waffles, but much lower carb & better macros overall if that is your shtich. I will keep eye out for other ratios and may try cheese on the top & bottom instead of mixed in.