Hi everyone! I started the original thread ❤️

Options
Hi all thank you for creating this group! I am back and really getting organized and have already lost 4lb this week.

Replies

• TaosLiz
    TaosLiz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello Joyfulandactive and Welcome back!
    I am new to MFP and to this group and I am not sure what you mean by having started this thread, do you mean you started this group? Which ever it is, I am really gaining a lot from the program so far.
    Liz
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    @Joyfulandactive ! So glad you're back!

Fantastic start! I've been struggling to get my MFP mojo back myself. Was there something that sparked your reboot? What have you done to organize yourself? I'm guessing it's meal planning or scheduling workouts.

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    @TaosLiz Back in November of 2020 @joyfulandactive started a thread in another forum speaking to women over 50. It had a lot of traction with women who were ready to start the new year and lots of conversations started but it was only one thread so it got a bit confusing.

I decided to start this group so we could have ongoing conversations that we could all follow.

Feel free to start a thread on here asking questions or discussing your challenges and successes.

I'll try to find the original thread later today.

• TaosLiz
    Options
    Thank you bebeisfit for starting this thread and for clarification! This is a much needed tread and I am finding it quite helpful! Have a great big beautiful day!
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just had a weight check in at my gym as I am starting with a new personal trainer and lost 5lb since my last weight in on 2/10/21! Determined to lose and get back in great shape this year! Current weight 167.8 and first goal for March is to get under 160lb. A dexascan which I had on the 10th which shows your body composition showed by fat% is 45.8%. I need to be below 35% for my age to be healthy. Also I am in the overweight for my BMI until I am under 150lb.
  • TaosLiz
    Options
    Congratulations Joyfulandactive on your weight loss! I have been thinking about getting a FitTrack home scale which is supposed to show body composition, is that what you used or did you go somewhere to get the dexescan?
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I did a lifestyle program at my health club in 2017 and lost 30lb before being diagnosed with cancer, So as an alumni of the program I can have a free dexascan each year. They have one in their health area and you lie down and your whole body is scanned. I think many gyms have a different kind where you stand on a platform and grip a machine. You need to drink plenty of water before hand as it measures the water in your body and apparently fat holds a lot of water! So you get a more accurate readout that way. Maybe ask your primary care doc if they know anywhere that can give you an accurate measurement. Then you know exactly the % of body fat you have and what is your healthy range for your age. I find it very motivating to have a very clear health goal.