Easing back into running...in February!

Hi All - Looking forward to dusting off my running shoes and easing back into running without killing myself. Start running again in February when there's 18 inches of snow on the ground - why not? I miss that mental lift and relief I get from running regularly. Not looking forward to starting from square one again, but C25K makes it so much easier to get back on the horse. Hope to post here regularly for updates and accountability.

Cheers,
TAC

Replies

• GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Good for you! :)
    I had to temporarily suspend my runs for the time being, because where I live gyms are closed and we're in a somewhat strict lockdown. Sooo... that means that, when I resume running, I will be starting over C25K too. :) Not a big deal, the first weeks are fun too.

Best wishes!
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    How are you progressing? After some stumbles, I'm back up to running over a half hour at a time, and loving it. The sweat and the way I feel at the end of the run is just so good.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited February 2021
    I was just getting back into running a few weeks ago. Running on the indoor track at the gym and stubbed my toe. Pretty sure I cracked a rib when I hit the floor. It is still sore, but I think I'm past the point where I will injure it more by doing stuff. I registered for a 5k that was supposed to have been two weeks ago, but was postponed until tomorrow. I may end up walking most of it.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I finished the 5k this morning with more running than walking and only minimal rib pain. It's time for new running shoes.
  • CStellaGo
    CStellaGo Posts: 273 Member
    Good afternoon!!! I start Week 4 today. Little apprehensive big jump in time this week. However I keep reminding myself I am in competition with no one.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    I am also starting week 4 of my 5k trainer today!