One Year on MFP - thoughts, lbs lost, life updates and what's next

Options
alisampm
alisampm Posts: 182 Member
One year. 365 days tracking on MFP.

First of all, I have learned that my body is awesome. I have spent years hating it. But it works great, is getting stronger, and allows me to love my people.

I also learned that I will still be the same person no matter my size, so I need to keep working on myself and my relationships – because the body fuels the LIFE! I want the good life (not just the good body).

When it’s hard to continue tracking and losing, I will remember that these things help it be easier: continuing to learn from and being encouraged by peers and experts, avoiding fads or quick fixes, drinking my water, eating tons of veggies, fruit, chicken, ham and overall to look at the big picture of months, not days.

In the past year
• I lost 75.2 pounds (272-196.8).
• I lost 4 pants sizes (22-14).
• I went down 3-4 shirt/dress sizes (2XL to L/M).
• I bought a whole new wardrobe (a few times).
• And I crossed two personal checkpoint weights (212 and 199).

Life is more than fitness and in the past year, I also
• Moved into a new apartment.
• Lived through one pandemic.
• Got our first cat (an adorable three-year-old cat named Peanut).
• My daughter turned 9 years old.
• Took a mother-daughter trip to Miami.
• Turned 41.

These things were easy
• Taking long walks when it was nice outside.
• The daily practice of tracking.
• Staying within my calorie goals most of the time.

These things were hard
• Sometimes tracking can be really boring.
• Justifying not being a specific meal plan.
• When it took longer to lose lbs. than I wished.

What’s next
• I will continue tracking with the goal of continuing to lose.
• I will run my first 5k this summer with my daughter. I previously ran/walk a half marathon, but that was 9 years ago now. Need to get a treadmill (it's COLD here in MN) and plan to start training (goal 2-3 times a week).
• I will also start working on my flexibility (goal 2 times a week).

**Feel free to add me as a friend - I have found connections with others to be SO KEY in this journey and I am not done yet. :)

Here you go @conniewilkins56 <3

mapqinnhfkcx.jpg

1ax1hkwpxwkq.jpg

Replies

• cindy4sons
    cindy4sons Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!...seeing is believing....when you first joined, I looked at your picture and my first thought was, “ she is so young and so cute”...I am positive this post and these pictures will motivate and inspire so many to continue their own journeys!...look what you have accomplished in 1 YEAR!....it is never too late to become healthier....my own 2 year anniversary on MFP is the end of May....could I have lost more?...of course....Could I have handled emotional situations that triggered binges?...definitely!...but I am still here and I am still losing weight!...losing weight is not a sprint....it is a marathon and it take some of us longer to get to the finish line!...every day is a chance to make an improvement in all aspects of our lives....the gift you have given yourself is a longer and healthier and more productive life that you can share with your friends and family, and especially your daughter!....hold your head up high and put a bounce in your step because you are proof that MFP works and you earned every pound you have lost...my sincere congratulations on the work you are putting into this!...hugs!
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 365 achievement & well deserved results! @alisampm

Appreciate the thoughtful post, helps to put perspective around more than just a number on a scale. Often hear it is not about the weight lose, but the life you gain.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations, @alisampm. An amazing year and you made the most of your year of pandemic for sure.

This is such an amazing and inspiring post. After reading your post and thinking how well you have done, I am reflecting on my year, with my "this round" anniversary coming up. You have made me step back and take a broader view. THANK YOU.