Introductions

Options

Replies

• megmo20007
    megmo20007 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm looking forward to doing this challenge with everyone. It's nice to have a group to help support while getting into a groove. Looking forward to it!
  • shrkldy
    shrkldy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I’ve had good success managing my eating when I’ve done nutrition challenges at my gym. There isn’t one running right now and I’m anxious to get back on track. Hoping this challenge will help me. :-)
  • shrkldy
    shrkldy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @TaosLiz Hi! I just joined too. My mom lives in Taos and I visit regularly. Don’t know if you are there now but it’s a small town, so maybe you know each other. :-). Anyway, looking forward to this accountability journey! -Ashley
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,883 Member
    Options
    I guess I have not introduced myself this round. @maltedtea woke me up. Thanks for the tag!

I’m and 59 year old, mother of two, grandma of one. Though my “high” weight only reached just shy of 169, my personality is that if a heavier person so I have yo-yoed much of my life. With support of this group, I have gotten down to almost marital weight from 1983. I am now working on what for me is more challenging..... maintaining. I am also working on what is truly new for me, and was brought on by this group, and that is daily exercise. It is still evolving. I am doing well but I know from my years of on and off dieting, how easily I can slip back into previous habits. It’s a work in progress.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,883 Member
    Options
    @ginadomaszewicz I expect to see you here in March!!
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I’m excited to join this group. I’ve been working on maintaining daily habits (exercise, logging, meal plan/prep, under calorie goal, and drinking water) for a little over 2 months. It will be motivating and helpful to connect with others in the group who are working on the same daily goals!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,269 Member
    Options
    fvnge6aw4qnn.jpg
    Hi folks. Back in for March. Welcome to our returnees and newcomers,
    and a thousand thanks to our leader, @RangerRickL for helping us stay accountable.

I’m Terri from Northern Ireland. Back for my 29th month. Still working on improving my fitness and health. Made the Winners Circle 28 times so far.

UAC is a good place for anyone to start the practicing of new habits, in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere. Through being a member, I have achieved my lowest weight in 4 decades, and have maintained it since late 2019.

Just a few details on my personal journey to health and fitness.

Aim for 2021 ~ maintain around 145 (I may even manage to drop a little more! 😂

I am FOCUSED on heathy food choices and
    DETERMINED to achieve my goals!

SW: 227lbs (Mar 2014)
    LW: 143.2: (Jan 2021)
    UGW: 140 (this may change when I get there 😂 )
    CW: 144.6
    • Initially, dropped down to around 165, and stayed about there until late 2018.
    • Set new goal in 2019 to drop to 155.
    • Reset it to 150 in March 2020
    • reset it to 145 in September 2020
    • My ideal situation is to maintain < 150
    • I use CI/CO and a variety exercise for extra calories.
    • Logic would suggest that I have found a natural comfortable weight, and, according to Smart BMI calculation, I am in the upper range of normal for my age and height. However, logic doesn't always dictate our desires and feelings. 😂
    WHAT I HAVE DISCOVERED
    1. Getting and staying healthy and fit requires the development of a permanent lifestyle reset.
    2. Replacing unhelpful habits with more useful ones is key to to the process.
    3. Losing weight is only one of the elements.
    4. Eating healthy and staying actively is not OPTIONAL, but an ABSOLUTE ESSENTIAL.
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.

REMINDERS One or two thoughts on weight which might give heart to some of you.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be several lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a permanent lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - 29 months! That’s completely impressive! It makes me very curious about the history of this group.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,269 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    @TerriRichardson112 - 29 months! That’s completely impressive! It makes me very curious about the history of this group.

The group has been running for 4 years.
  • taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is my first month participating in this challenge. After spraining my ankle and wearing a walking boot for 6 weeks, I just got out of the walking boot last week. I am slowly building up my walking distance as my ankle continues to heal. I continue to work on healthy habits and I'm excited to join this group.
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    This will be my third month of the UAC.

Going for a vegan diet, no added sugar and 7:30 h of sleep per night this month.

Good luck to everyone!
  • CEPerry100
    CEPerry100 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to reaching these goals! Time to get back on track! :smiley: