Shrinking Assets - March 2021 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,040 Member
6ulh5f465hlw.png

Here is your Team chat room for March 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’ll kick things off for us by introducing myself. I’m 29, live in Finland with my husband and I’m currently expecting our first child, due in late October. Since I’m pregnant, I’m not currently participating in weigh-ins and my focus is on staying healthy. I’m already obese, so my focus is on getting proper nutrition and managing my weight so I don’t gain more than necessary.

My goals for March:
    - figure out how to eat while pregnant: I have IBS and my diet is already limited, and pregnancy diet recommendations ban about 80% of my favourite foods
    - establish a walking routine to get enough exercise
    - Learn to sleep on my side: I’ve always been a stomach sleeper, but that’s ending now

All these are obviously just sub-goals to my main goal, which is to make it through my first trimester with a healthy baby on board. We have our first ultrasound next week, and I’m both nervous and excited. This is when we’ll see our baby for the first time and make sure they’re in the right place, how many there are, and find a heartbeat.

Covid numbers are rising in Finland again and the virus mutations are spreading, so we’re going into a 3-week lockdown starting next weekend. Gyms and restaurants will apparently close, so walking outdoors and cooking my own food seems like the only feasible option. At least keeping this baby a secret will be easier during lockdown.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Lex, I'm 45 and I live in Wales.
    My focus is on getting stronger and losing body fat. It's a slow process but it is working.
    We have been in our 3rd lockdown here since 20th December (our lockdown dates have been slightly different to England, Scotland and N. Ireland) but we all hope restrictions will start to lift in the weeks ahead.

Wishing you all the very best for smashing your goals in March!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,040 Member
    Options
    cq0v7p59bf64.png
    Team Shrinking Assets - you had an OK February, but see if you can do even more in March! This month's first challenge is based on consistency - inspired by Team WaistAway's co-captain @micki48 It is a familiar kind of challenge - tracking the exact numbers of 2-3 things of your choice every single day. Just being consistent. And having alternatives if your plan gets derailed. Protect those numbers all week! Consistency is like a muscle - the more you do it, the better it gets. Good luck! Here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10826044/march-2021-week-1-challenge-consistency-101/p1?new=1
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Hi Shrinking Assets ...You have 2 more new comers heading your way ... Please welcome @junedave3 and @smile1173 :)
  • SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    UserName: SisuMom2019
    Weight in week: February Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    CW (Current Weight): 223
    PW (Previous Weight): 223
    This week’s loss: 0.0
    LTD (Loss to Date): 34.3

Time to deep -I’ve been the same weight for the past 3 weigh-ins. I even went up for a short time this past week -I could give the excuses -my husband’s in the hospital, busy work ....but I know what it is -I have stopped activity and I buy my kids treats and then I sample their treats. I am doing my Kundalini teacher’s certification and there is a lot if core strength required and I want to be able to do everything-it starts the first week of April so I am going to use that as the motivation I need to lose 8 pounds this month. There I said it-it’s out there -now for a strategy-with hubby in hospital, our schedules get thrown off and eating suffers -you don’t realize that you haven’t eaten and then you storm eat crackers or whatever you can while making supper bc you just can’t wait. I think with his discharge we all look to pull up our socks for healthy eating, prep-it’s like a wake-up call. And the sun has been coming out so warmer days ahead.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

f7p7zzzp401z.png

:star:B):star:

0m3vp0vtbueb.png
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be late, I missed my last feb weigh in!

Carriestrine
    Friday
    Past weight, can't remember
    CW: 193.8 lb
    LTD: 40.2 lb
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    We are still in Feb! Fair play, Feb sucked and quite honestly I just want to stick two fingers up to it and move on.

SW : 270.0
    1st Jan 2021 : 222.2
    GW : 199 (initially) now 188

Date.........Weight... loss .... Cumulative loss
    03/01/21 - 220.2 ... (2.0) ... (49.8)
    10/01/21 - 214.2 ... (6.0) ... (55.8)
    17/01/21 - 210.0 ... (4.2) ... (60.0)
    24/01/21 - 207.6 ... (2.4) ... (62.4)
    31/01/21 - 206.9 ... (0.7) ... (63.1)
    07/02/21 - 206.2 ... (0.7) ... (63.8)
    14/02/21 - 205.1 ... (1.1) ... (64.9)
    21/02/21 - 207.7 ... 2.6 ... (62.3)
    28/02/21 - 206.9 ... (0.8) ... (63.1)
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Who.is ready to join in tracking for this month?
    The post is up to write in your 5 tasks for each day in March!! Let's Go!!💥💥💥
    d0siaxx8nvvc.png
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Can I please change my weigh in day to Saturday?

Mrscanmore
    Pw 183
    Cw 182.5
  • junedave3
    junedave3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Username. junedave.
    Weigh In Day:monday
    PW (Previous Weight):154lb
    CW (Current Weight):154lb
  • junedave3
    junedave3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How do i sign up for the step challenge please .
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Username: swauters
    Weigh In Day: Sunday (first week with you guys and I am a day late already!)
    PW : 228.2
    CW: 225.4
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Happy March everyone!

I'm KittyInBoots17, 35, in the prairies of Canada. I enjoy baking - pretty obvious by my weight HA, gardening, and anything to do with animals. I desperately need to re-lose several, and I do mean several, pounds to get back where I was three years ago or so. Been on here since 2015. So pretty much lose then regained. Not quite back where I was to begin with but if I don't do something I will be.

I've done it before, I know I can do it again, although sometimes I don't know how I stuck to it before LOL. If I can lose weight, you can lose weight!!!

Small steps. I just wanna lose 5 pounds for now. Starting this month at 236.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I am Beka, one of your Team Captains and Group Moderator. My counterpart and bestie is Julie, aka @Boehle.

I am 44, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I usually live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia, but currently residing in Florida as I am acting nanny to my sweet grandson who just turned one.

I started my journey 3 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 (-68 lbs) and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232. It is only failure if you quit... right???

For my second time around, I am currently down about 66 lbs from my highest...

STATS
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 242, November 2016
    Current weight: 176
    Goal Weight: SEXY AF

March Goals:
    Just a copy and paste from February....
    - 165 lbs
    - Reduce my binging
    - Reduce intake of sugary foods
    - focus on consistency of steps.

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    wo05krr8sy09.jpg
    ir652jj878tt.png
    im4sj6g5qgit.png
    co3badhykd3a.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    6yyzz0trvz8c.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    i0aq1kku3s5v.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE