March 5 Sign In

Options

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, treadmill 33 mins / 1.91 mi + upper body weights
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Did I do treadmill AND weights or abs? yes, weights
    Pass Days Used: 0/3

While I have done the weights today and Wednesday I didn't do as many reps as on Monday. I've been sleep deprived this week as I'm trying to change my sleep patterns to better accommodate some activities scheduled earlier in the day over the next few weeks. Staying up until 5am isn't going to work for that. But the important thing is that by forcing myself to do even minimal reps/sets I'm helping myself to create the regular habit.

I have a planned pass day for tomorrow as we have plans to eat at an Indian restaurant during Happy Hour because they have fantastic appetizers then. Between the garlic naan, lamb chops, samosas, etc it's unlikely I can stay within my allotted calories. To counter that I'll try to spend extra time on the treadmill tomorrow.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,017 Member
    Options
    Pass Day 2️⃣
    Some wins, but after dinner got me.

❤️Ex 1:32. 12.7K I was “hungry” right after eating breakfast...some went for a long walk.

Tracked all✅
    Calories ⬆️

I know I need to get salt under control, ie processed foods, again.

Felt better today physicall & got Vaccine #1🎉
  • cnorman100
    cnorman100 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    3/5/21
    Exercise Yes
    Calories Yes
    Tracking Yes
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Pass#1
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

Pass days used this month: 2
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    March 5
    Exercise: weight training 45 min., stationary bike 30 min, stretching 45 min.
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days: no
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    March 5

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 0/3
  • thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld I did daily weighing before, I know now that in two weeks from every month I don't lose any weight, either I stay the same or gain some. I know when they arrive and I simply skip weighing on them. That's made me more positive towards my weight loss goal.
  • thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @LazyBlondeChef Since it's usually right before sleeping I hesitate on eating, but I read somewhere eating walnuts before bed is acceptable and can even help you sleep. In the past, I used the 1000 calories/day diet plus one open day a week. So maybe I unconsciously return to that number 🤔.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    3/05:

✔️ EXERCISE: Yes. 60 minutes giving a massage and 25 mins jogging in place.
    ✔️ CALORIES: Yes. 1731/1732 (cutting it close and ate back all my exercise calories!)
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

PASSES USED: 0/3

10,401 steps
    No planks today
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options

@MadisonMolly2017 I'm glad you got the vaccine!!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer That is a lot of steps!!! Well done!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    @RangerrickL I was going to tease you about no theme for March 5th. Glad to see that all is well

@Lesdarts180 Adding to your base calories might be exactly what you need. You and I have been trying to find that balance needed for maintenance. For the March UAC, my goal is the MFP calculated maintenance calories of 1590 plus allowing myself my exercise calories. Previous months, I was trying to use a single fixed number and was becoming a struggle to make that work.

@biketheworld @fractaltiger @Bovaryoo I weigh daily and it has helped me to understand cause and effect. At this point in time, I can almost predict what the scale will say. Also, Like Tiger I <3 data.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,877 Member
    Options
    MARCH 2021 ULTIMATE ACCOUNTABILITY CHALLENGE

Start weight, March 1, 2021: 123.2
    March 1, 2021 – 123.2 (-3.0)
    February 1, 2021 - 126.2 (-5.8); Tanita BF scale at 6 am 126.5 and 26%BF
    January 1, 2021 – 132 (-3.6)
    December 1, 2020 – 135.6 (-5.2)
    November 6, 2020 – 140.8 (-7.0)
    October 2, 2020 – 147.8 (-5.2)
    September 14, 2020 – 153.0

Thoughts for daily calories goal
    I need to revisit how I am handling my daily calorie goal for maintenance as I am “failing” in that regard as I lost another 3 lbs while “maintaining” during this month. Having two variables of food calories and exercise calories is challenging for me. In the past I have lost and maintained with less significant exercise numbers so it was more a single variable. I do not want to drop back on exercise as I am doing it for overall health and fitness.

Just use MFP to calculate my maintenance calories/day. Nutritional needs are estimated at 1590, and it predicts that with exercise, I would need 1862 for 1 hour exercise for days/week. Average Apple Watch TDEE for February was 2126. Average calories consumed/day for February were 1686. With three pound loss over the month, to maintain, I would have needed an additional 375 calories/day for a total of 2073/calories/day. So, my thought for March is to consider my daily goal, 1590 plus daily exercise, but, for planning sake, I will expect that number to be around 1900 calories.

March History
    Date: 3/1
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:27:01 group walk at 17’27” pace for 4.98 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1890/1590 daily + 309 exercise (net 9 cal)
    Tracked?: Yes
    Rings Closed?: Yes, March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2056

Date: 3/2 (Pass #1)
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:23:51 group walk at 17’10” pace for 4.88 miles
    Calories?: No
    Tracked?: until dinner yes, then no
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 2/27 - March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2096

*** First pass of the month used. Very much worth the treat – Went to Square Grouper and started with a Key Lime Martini with graham cracker rim (sorry @RangerRickL not the pie), shared appetizers of Flash Fried Conch with Ponzu and Wasabi drizzle (amazing!!), and Ahi Tuna and Avocado eggrolls with Asian dipping sauce, then an entrée of Seared Sesame Encrusted Tuna with Jasmine rice and Asian slaw, and finished with a cup of coffee and a shared Strawberry Nutella Bread pudding with warm butter rum sauce. Though I may not make winners circle at the end of March, I fully intend to end a champion.

Date: 3/3 (Pass #2)
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:22:02 Group walk at 16’50” pace for 4.87 miles
    Tracked?: Tracked well all day, then old habits crept back in the evening
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 3/27 - March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2187

Date: 3/4
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:30:31 Apple Fitness spinning
    Calories?: Yes, 1292/1590 + 229 (
    Tracked?: Yes
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 4/27 - March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2159

*** yes, today was a good day!!! :)

Date: 3/5 (pass #3 – not a great trend)
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:18:16 group walk at 16'17" pace for 4.80 miles
    Tracked?: No
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 5/27 - March goal is 27 out of 30 days
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2169

*** today, was the first time we have socialized with friends in almost a year. The 95 year old is vaccinated, and the son and DIL both had COVID at Xmas. I failed at juggling tracking like I normally would have done.

Passes remaining: 0
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3

3x yes

0/0
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Treadmill workout