“Crepey” skin!

Options
CeeBeeSlim
CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,263 Member
Hello, All. I had a epiphany last evening after I hit below my never-expected fantasy goal weight of 117. The original goal weight was 135 but I kept going and realized last evening I wanted to go even lower. I thought by going lower I’d reduce my crepey skin but it’s clear I’m getting smaller, but the skin is still there. It looks exactly like the attached pic. Is reducing fat going to help? Or just accept it as a 56 year old - there’s no desire for anything surgical. Pure vanity.

https://pin.it/2t55xkJ

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    My skin is crepey too. I'm just accepting it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    IME, some of the small wrinkles of skin (if that's what you're talking about) can shrink with time, but it's a slow process. I saw some of that small-folds skin shrink even into year 2 of maintenance (age 60-62; I'm 65 now). Just sticking with a healthy eating routine, healthy cardio/strength exercise, avoiding the bad habits (too much unprotected sun, smoking excess alcohol), good hydration, are the the best things we can do to keep skin as healthy as feasible, I think.

Having lost a few pounds over the past year (slowly by intention), I now have another round of the thin-wrinkles stuff . . . we'll see if it continues to tighten up this time, or not, I guess. 😉
  • backinthesaddleagain57
    Options
    I have the same. I am just going to accept it. I am healthier, so that is great. The only people who will see me are my husband and dr.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have very crepey skin on my upper arms and legs. I am not overweight or never have lost a lot of weight so I am thinking it is just the aging process and hereditary. I'm 63. As long as I am healthy I just accept what it looks like.
    PS....Someone (close family member) made a comment how my upper arms looked kinda flabby. I have been doing pull ups on a pull up bar for years. Do about 12 - 3x a day. So I challenged that person to do some pull ups with me. They could not EVEN come close to what I was able to do. So the muscle is there just have this crepey skin around it. It is what it is.
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My skin is “crepey” too.... I’ve accepted it
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I call it chicken skin. Not pretty..but I don't think there's a solution.