Weight No More - March 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi 3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 178.4
    CW 181.4
    Gain 3lbs. It’s an actual gain but it’s muscle. I’ve lost 7.5 inches in 5 weeks at the gym. My body is still losing fat. And I’m perfectly fine with that. I would like to rope in my snacks and lose another 10 or so lbs. I will regain control but it’s not at the top of my priorities right now. I’m doing great at not smoking so if I eat a little extra and I’m not gaining inches I can live with that.

Steps this 79,478.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Weigh in
    username - poderson1
    week - 2
    PW - 183.4
    CW - 184.8
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 2
    Pw- 159.2
    Cw- 164.6

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Well I just typed out a whole thing for it to disappear. 🤔🤯
    So anyway let’s start again.
    @debbiewsharpe you’re an inspiration. You’re consistency is amazing. I try truly. But I give myself leeway and excuses sometimes. You manage those steps everyday. You inspire us all to do a little better everyday.

@lennoncpa ohhh I understand that nut addiction. I have a problem. My daughter said to me yesterday “mom you have to stop eating those nuts, you eat a bag a day.” Which is true when I have them. So I’ve had 3 bags this week at 2700 calories each bag. 🤷‍♀️

@sleepymom5 snacking is my problem too. I think I just need to stop buying snacks. If I have to cook every time I guarantee I will eat less. 😂

Thank you to everyone who wished me well for quitting smoking. I was 60 posts behind so I can’t remember who all to thank. But I appreciate everyone’s support. The best part of not smoking is that I inspired my mom to stop smoking. That makes me so happy. I don’t know if she will stick it out but I can hope. At 60 she will likely still have some health effects but less if she quits now.

I will again try to be on here more. I have been very busy. I’ve worked over a few times and I’ve just in general been tired. I’ve napped one day this week and I went to bed at 930 last night. And my habit tracker is out the window for February and I didn’t start one for March. I will do it again though. I do think it helps keep me consistent.

I downloaded the couch to 5K app. That is my next health endeavor. I would like to run again and my new shoes came in yesterday. There is such a difference!!! It’s horrible that I have to have a specific shoe. Not even just a brand, specifically new balance 411 walking shoes. If they ever stop making them I’m in soo much trouble. Lol.
    But I’m going to run! That’s my next goal. I want to do a 5K this year. Maybe a few. I wanted to last year but covid hit and I never even started training. So covid or no covid. If I have to run 3.2 miles on the backroads here, I’m going to do it. I don’t know if I will ever be able to actually run that long without resting but I’m going to try and do the best I can at it.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 190.7
    CW 186.3

I'm officially out of hibernation 😁. All winter I still did IF 20:4 with some 16:8 here and there. I still did my weight lifting workout 3 times a week. But I did not count calories or limit myself 🙂. In my 4 hour eating window I was eating too much, apparently...
    Starting this past Monday, started logging and the results are showing
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited March 2021
    kandi3570 wrote: »

Well I just typed out a whole thing for it to disappear. 🤔🤯
    So anyway let’s start again...

Thank you to everyone who wished me well for quitting smoking. I was 60 posts behind so I can’t remember who all to thank. But I appreciate everyone’s support. The best part of not smoking is that I inspired my mom to stop smoking. That makes me so happy. I don’t know if she will stick it out but I can hope. At 60 she will likely still have some health effects but less if she quits now.

I downloaded the couch to 5K app. That is my next health endeavor. I would like to run again and my new shoes came in yesterday. There is such a difference!!! It’s horrible that I have to have a specific shoe. Not even just a brand, specifically new balance 411 walking shoes. If they ever stop making them I’m in soo much trouble. Lol.

But I’m going to run! That’s my next goal. I want to do a 5K this year.
    it has done that to me a few times. It has been weird for me for a while. I quit trying to access the community from the app in Nov (remember when I vanished for a week & a half?...no community in app--they said I needed to update but my phone is too old and can't/won't run the update. Stupid. But I do need a new phone...it is nearly 5...).

So now, you're telling us that you've inspired your daughter to start going to the gym and improve her health, you've quit smoking AND you've inpired your mom to quit smoking too? And all those inches? Are you trying to make us look bad? By being so awesome? WOW.

I really loved NB 505's. They quit making them several years ago. The 609(?) was okay but the last two pairs I bought have been horrible. They're okay for a week or two and then ... I hate them. Probably won't buy NB again. Need new shoes now...

I am happy to walk a 5K. Even a 10K, as demonstrated a couple weeks ago ... but run? No thanks. Not even if someone was chasing me. In fact...

Hey, everyone! What would you all think about a team 5K (walk, run or crawl, your choice)? We did one in Nov, I think. Just do it and post time, fun photos (of you; funny things you saw; flowers; pooch pals you ran into ...whatever) from your 'event'. Any takers?
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Darn, forgot my steps: 46200
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Sleepymom5
    Friday weigh in (Sat this week only)
    PW 201.2
    CW 203

Check in for Friday
    Food-over but good and on plan
    Water-80oz
    Exercise-2-30 min walks, PT and stretching

I knew I was up but I am hoping some of that was from going out to dinner last night and having drinks too. I am so proud of myself. I ate what I planned even the drinks. I didn't have the roll and I left half of my dinner! See-I can do this! I just need to get consistent and keep proving it to myself. Going out can be fun and delicious and I can still stay on track.

No plans for this weekend and I am happy. I do have some things to do around the house but I may even just blow them off. I think I may just need a relaxing weekend to recharge. It has been a tough few months.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! xo

@lennoncpa Great job holding steady! Hooray Sunny! Such a cutie!
    @KUMEcyclingteam Nice loss!!
    @debbiewsharpe Yes, one day at a time. I can do this! Thank you for always being so supportive. :)
    @dbrinkmeyer Sounds like you had a good week! Love the NSV with the clothes fitting better!
    @kandi3570 Losing the inches is way more important than losing weight. You are doing great and have come so far. It is especially amazing considering you have given up smoking too! I love how you keep challenging yourself too. You really are an inspiration :)
    @podperson1 I didn't have the best weigh in either. Let's make this week a good one!
    @Zumba_Luvah You can do this! I have seen you do it in the past! xo
    @hope002 Awesome! You really amaze me with your fasting. I am able to do 14-16 hours now but not near what you do. :)
    @melaniedscott I love the idea for the 5k! I am in! I just love reading your posts, you are so funny!
    @minstrelofsarcasm You also are so funny! I have been reading your blog and I love it! I am not doing the homework because I am so far behind lol! Thanks for writing it
  • kos33
    kos33 Posts: 31 Member
    Kos33
    Pw- 172
    Cw-172
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    kirsten11872
    Week:2
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Previous weight:172.0
    Current weight:172.0
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    xao6ycjtvnso.jpeg
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 417 Member
    Debbie Sharpe
    MFP starting weight - 173
    Last week – 126.8
    3/14 Current weight – 126.6
    Sunday – 18,379
    Monday –19,229
    Tuesday –17,564
    Wednesday –18,253
    Thursday –115,914
    Friday –10,374
    Saturday –15,540

It was a good week! I had four victories. For the FIRST time since March 13, 2020 we went out to a restaurant for dinner. We waited the full 14 days after the second shot and decided to see if we felt comfortable eating out. We had a nice seafood dinner, which I don’t cook at home. We will probably go out again this week just being careful that the restaurant is following procedures. Second victory; I substituted at our middle school both Thursday and Friday. It was so good to get back to work! I have one day on the schedule for each week in the next month. I may pick up other days as well. I was amazed at how well are students are doing with all the rules in place. Wearing a mask all day was a bit frustrating but I had a couple of breaks in the room by myself so it wasn’t too bad. My third victory for this week: I was offered doughnuts at school not once but twice and I turned it down both times! My last victory was I got my step totals in each day, even the days that I worked all day and mostly sat behind a desk. I hope next week will be as good.

@drinkmeyer – even a little loss is a good loss, it all adds up! Getting smaller, clothes fitting better – that is a definite WIN! Good stepping this week

@brown6267- good maintenance and step totals

@kandi3570- congrats on the muscle! Losing those inches is impressive. Good step totals this week as well. I had so many to disappear that I put everything on Word then copy and paste. Thank you for your kind words, you made my day!

@podperson1- up a little but you can buckle down this week and be right back at 183.4 next week

@Zumbaluvah- are your scales a bit off this week, I don’t think you really gained 5 pounds. Waiting for your next week’s posts – you can do this

@hope002- Nice loss!!!Looks like logging is the key for you. Always good to know what works and what doesn.t.

@melamiescott- I am in for the 5K, please give the details, I missed the last one. For me it would definitely be a walk not a run.

@sleepymom5- you did great with your plan for dinner! Be proud and remember how well you did. Apply that knowledge to the next meal, and the next, and the next…….

@kos33- holding it steady! I call that a good week

@kirsten11872- steady is good.

@lennoncpa- love the pooch pictures! Makes me miss having a dog

4f5edb0bb35b373b3ee3d64d9bf07f72.jpg

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,246 Member
    Week 2
    PW 124lbs
    CW 123lbs 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

Steps
    Sun -5,402
    Mon - 12,602
    Tue - 11,297
    Wed- 2,817
    Thur - 12,339
    Fri - 15,203
    Sat - 2,397
    Not a bad week considering I didnt do any extra exercises due to covid jab and feeling yuk!
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@lennoncpa - yay for cute Sunny pics <3 hope you're having a lovely time with your son as well x

@KUMEcyclingteam - great loss :)

@dbrinkmeyer - every little counts, great NSV with your clothes fitting better x

@kandi3570 - I have been thinking about starting C25K again, unfortunately I have started it several times and I always seem to flag around week 3 so maybe this time lucky! You're doing so well with the not smoking, and how great that you're inspiring your mum to follow :)

@hope002 - great loss! I've been doing intermittant fasting this week and seems to be going well so far.

@melaniedscott - team 5k walk sounds like fun. I've been trying to get out a bit more, though wish the weather would start cooperating lol!

@sleepymom5 - go you for staying on plan while eating out! Used to be one of my big downfalls - though haven't been able to eat out in about a year lol so guess I have plenty of others as well. Relaxing weekend sounds like a good plan, sometimes we all just need a recharge x

@debbiewsharpe - that's great you're managing to start getting back out to normal things again, I can't wait for that here! And super self-control with the doughnuts lol.

So the start of the week wasn't amazing but the second half has been pretty good. Have been doing intermittant fasting from Thursday as am hoping just eating within set times will help me to kick my grazing/snack habits, especially in the evenings. Seems to be going well so far but we'll see if I can stick with it :D
    It's Mother's Day today here in the UK so will video call my mum later on. Little sad that can't see her in person but hopefully in a few months.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Check in for Saturday
    Food-not logged but ok
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walk

Not much to report. Just plugging along. Hope everyone has a good day!

@koss33 @kirsten11872 Nice job maintaining! Funny how you had the same weight on the same week!
    @lennoncpa OMG that Sunny is so cute!
    @debbiewsharpe What a great week you had! I am happy to hear you were able to go to dinner and get back to substituting! Great job with resisting the donuts and getting your steps in!! You are doing awesome!
    @annliz23 Great steps and nice loss!
    @podperson1 IF helps me with the snacking too. I hope it continues for you too. Happy Mother's day to your Mom! I am sure she will love the video call, hopefully with these vaccines you will be able to see her in a few months.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @kandi3570 it doesn’t matter how big the container of nuts is - guaranteed I will finish it usually in 1 day possibly 2! Healthy but incredibly addictive!! I’m guessing your daughter doesn’t have a nut addiction. People who aren’t addicted don’t understand😀😀😀
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    I gave in and baked the brownies the other day - so far eating only one piece a day. We had to return a rental tool to the store this morning and stopped for donuts on the way home. I bought two for me will save one for tomorrow.
    @lennoncpa I ate nuts by the cup when I was working - we bought the very large 3 lb cans of deluxe mixed nuts from BJs and I would go through a can at least once a month. Since being on chemo the salty foods taste strange I don't eat them often. But I do understand your craving for them. I thought the nuts would be a much better choice than the sweets and baked goods I would have brought to work instead. But I did gain weight then.

I have been getting a lot more steps on the last few days, mostly pacing while on the phone I think, but every step counts right?!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Our Week 3 Challenge is up and ready for you! A bit of healthy cleaning up, anyone?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10827400/week-3-the-equinox-challenge/p1?new=1
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 13,913
    Mon- 8,594
    Tues- 13,754
    Wed- 15,211
    Thurs- 12,371
    Fri- 6,759
    Sat- 14,498
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

leee73f52exr.png
This discussion has been closed.