Weight No More - March 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6 wrote: »

Since reducing the dose of the Keytruda last week my joint pain has reduced a lot. I am definitely less stiff when getting up from a chair. YAY!!!

So of course yesterday I fell and hurt myself. On the way back to my car after getting the vaccine I tripped - dragged my foot - and down I went. Now I hurt a lot more but I think it's mainly tight muscles in the back and hips. It will get better!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 425 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm

Good to see the jeans fit, VICTORY!!!! Numbers aren't the end all. Good luck with the MRI results.

@pacsnc6 - good to get those shots in, hope you don't have a reaction to it. It does make you feel safer.

@KUMEcyclingteam - good to have you back, you were missed.

@goingape - night snacking is so hard to conquer. drink water, walk, do whatever will take your mind off of the treat.

@mxlaw90 - great goals and the scales can vary from day to day, week to week and heck even from morning till evening. Keep on keeping on.................

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited March 2021
    minstrelofsarcasm
    March Week One

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 169.8 (February 25th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.4 (March 4th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.6 lbs

Taking yesterday as a rest day was a good decision. It's not that I was extremely sore or fatigued, but my brain needed a break from the constant need for competition. Between spin class and lifting, I feel like I constantly need to push myself, and that can't be a healthy mindset, especially right now.

Food:

I'm still eating girl scout cookies. Lots and lots of girl scout cookies. But now I'm actually logging them. Which is good. It's holding me accountable to the delicious delicious junk I'm putting into my body, which, in turn, makes me put less of it into my mouth in the first place. Not none of it, but less of it.

I've also been paying a lot of attention to when I've been likely to eat outside of my standard meal schedule, and it's whenever I crave something sweet after a meal. Right after a big, savory, lunch is not the time to make a mug cookie, or indulge myself in my beloved pretzels and jam. Immediately after dinner is not much better, even if my dinners tend to be smaller meals than my lunches. So I'm working to negate these cravings by introducing cups of tea, and may go back to brushing my teeth immediately after dinner to reduce my likelihood of reaching for a snack.

Exercise:

I'm paying close attention to my muscles. I know that building muscle is a slow process, especially when not explicitly eating more than maintenance calories. But I want to see more of my biceps. I want to see how many different curves truly exist in my calves. Heck, my butt is even more noticeable.

I think I've found my routine, and I'm still going to listen to my body and make changes as I go, but my 4 resistance + 5 spin classes regimen seems to suit my body and current level of fitness quite well. The real issue is remembering to stretch often and drink tons and tons and tons and tons of water. Recovery is so much more important than I ever expected it would be, and with the addition of resistance training, it's less about rebuilding muscle than it is preventing injury.

Mindset:

I had a long visit with my neurologist yesterday and I left it feeling incredibly relieved. My most recent MRI in January showed that there was no active deterioration in my brain, still nothing spread to my spinal cord, which is a clear sign that my medication has been working. After I do a quick blood test this week, we should be able to confirm whether the drug has done any unnoticed damage to my body, and then I'll be able to transition to a less rigorous testing schedule.

We also discussed the Covid vaccine. Given that the Moderna vaccine trial had been halted due to issues cropping up in someone with a neurological autoimmune disorder very similar to MS, I was unsure how safe it would be for me to receive it. But, given that I donated some of my spinal fluid to a study regarding the interaction of immune cells with the vaccine, there is now explicit proof that I can safely get the vaccine when it's available to my demographic.

Nothing else matters right now. I can get the vaccine AND my medication is doing its job. Everything else going on in my life is just gravy. I'll go back to complaining about water weight next week, I promise. :wink:

6b982e3d1cf7368f1b1f2e849e85019e.jpg
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    edited March 2021
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food-not logged and over
    Water-over 64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walking tape, PT, strength and stretching

I was happy I did get everything done before I left for the shore. Especially exercising. Unfortunately dinner didn’t go that well. It was late and I was starving so I didn’t make the best choices and I overate before I even knew I was overeating. I had a good plan but I just didn’t follow it. I have two things when I go off course. One is that I know I am and I say the heck with it and the other is when I just don’t even realize I am doing it. I really need to be mindful every time I eat. Last night even though I had a plan I just fell into old habits. Oh well, today I will do better. It is a beautiful sunny day, just so cold! I will get out for at least a 30 min walk. My big focus while I am down here is not to over eat or over drink.

@pacsnc6 Nice loss! Glad you are noticing less joint pain with the lower dose. I am happy that you got your second vaccine, hopefully you don’t get side effects. I was hoping you were ok after your fall but sounds like you aren’t. Hope you are feeling better soon. Xo
    @KUMEcyclingteam I am sorry to hear of your mother’s declining health, she is a cutie! Sounds like you are doing well with your weight, when I am in the caregiver roll I tend to gain a lot. Hang in there and remember we are here for you.
    @goingape Those evening snacking gets me too. I started IF and it helps. Basically for me it is mostly not eating after dinner and by the time I get up, it is almost time for me to eat again. I usually only do 14 hours. It is weird but once I hit the button, I don’t want to have to start my fast over and eat later in the morning so I usually won’t snack. I don’t know why that works and just saying no to snacking doesn’t
    @mxlaw90 I love your goals for the next week! You got this!
    @minstrelofsarcasm I am so glad I don’t know any girl scouts. I always want something sweet after I eat and lately it is chocolate. I like the idea of brushing your teeth when you are done. I am going to have to try that. I am happy that you are able to get the vaccine,that your medicine is working and it sounds like your appointment overall went well.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

Apologies for the late posting, this week has totally got away from me! Will try and catch up with all your posts later but hope everyone is having a good start to the month. The scales are being weird - shooting up and down by crazy amounts, so will post a weigh in tomorrow if that's ok.
    My food has been ok, more carby than I'd like but have been having complete cravings this week so have been trying to just keep it roughly within my cals. Exercise is still rubbish lol. I've been trying to at least get a short walk in, but there's a lovely new bakery just opened on the route I usually go in - so that's a whole new temptation! I gave in the other day and while it was totally yummy I think the walk would have had to be twice long to balance the cake calories :D
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    happy friday!

this week 208.3

last week 208.9

entering that lovely 2 week period where water weight from hormones masks most of the loss.

stupid body LOL

Have a great day everyone!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Weigh in day Friday
    Pw-202.4?
    Cw-201.2

Check in for Thursday
    Food-not logged and over
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walk, PT and stretching

Happy with the loss but need to get it together down here. I am doing the exercise and getting the water in, not too good with the eating and wine drinking. I have two more full days so I need to get it together.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend

@podperson1 hopefully the warm weather will make it easier to get some exercise in. Spring will be here soon. Plus you have the added motivation of the bakery along your route lol!
    @callsitlikeiseeit Still a nice loss! Have a good day too! Hope you are enjoying the new horse :)
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Username: gottagetthisdown
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 180
    CW (Current Weight): 178

So I'm figuring things out slowly. I always thought my body weight fluctuating based solely off of the amount of water I drank and the the calories I ate. Now I am figuring out it also depends on the types of food I eat and the nutrition in these food. If I don't have enough fiber my body does not process food out which leads to maybe a pound or so on the scale the next day. Today is a brand new day I will consume my water do my workouts and see how to fix my fiber intake. Have a great day everyone!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all, I had a good day yesterday and planning on continuing that today. I’ve been keeping the habit of putting my meals together at night for the next days breakie/lunch so it’s a quick grab and go.

I had got into a bit of a habit with stopping at the drive thru so my focus is eating meals that I’ve prepared at home.

I’ve got registration for my exercise classes coming up. That round will take me to June. I’ve got a good balance and it leaves me with a few days off to hit Planet fitness for weight training and running with my kiddo.

It’s finally getting melty outside and I’m getting close to being able to walk/run outside. The snow and ice is really thick and I’m nervous about really getting going in case I wipe out.

Cheers everyone
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 1
    Pw 191.8
    Cw 191
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member

Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 136.5
    Today's weight: 135.6
    Weekly Steps: 51,588
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello and Happy Friday team. I actually didn't gain weight this week - finally able to break the upward moving streak. I've been living on mostly broccoli and other vegetables. It's a battle every day not to give in to the cravings!

@sleepymom5 its so funny that you mention the nuts - almost every day I have to talk myself out of getting a can of nuts. Its a battle to see if I'm going to give in. I try to convince myself that nuts are healthy - which is true. But, and that's a big but, I will finish the entire can which ends up being over 1000 calories in just a snack!!! I was able to buy some almonds to leave at my office for a quick break. For some reason I won't binge on them when it is just almonds by themselves. If they are in a mixed nut can - they are history!!! It's one of those weird addictions I have. I feel neurotic sometimes. No I should say - I know I am neurotic sometimes!!
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    Username: KUMEcyclingteam
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Week: 1
    PW (Previous Weight): 198.2 (end of January)
    CW (Current Weight): 199.8
  • podperson1
    Hi all,

I'm so confused with my weight this week!
    sun - 184.0
    mon - 188.0
    tues - 186.2
    wed - 183.9
    thurs - 187.0
    fri - 182.8
    sat - 186.6

I don't know what is happening! I'm not that different to my normal plan, maybe slightly more carbs but still roughly within calories limits, and I'll often have a bit of a jump one day but never the constant up and down every day. I don't even know what to put for my weigh in lol! I would hope I'm not up 3lbs from last week but at the moment I honestly have no idea what number to go off.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Good morning all. It has been a pretty good week. The sun is finally shining in NC and I was able to get some outside walks in this week. I am still doing good with drinking water from the juice glass several times a day, just seems easier to drink a small amount so I get it done. I have also established a new routine. While my coffee is brewing I set the timer on the microwave and do 10 minutes of arm exercises with weights. 10 different exercises one minute each. So far this has worked well.

@minstrelofsarcasm- good to see the rest day worked well for you. You do know that you can freeze some of those Girl Scout cookies! Finding a routine that works for you is great news, I think I am still searching. So happy that your appointment went well and that you are cleared to take the Covid shot.

@sleepymom5 – Enjoy your time at the shore! Yes, most of eating right and exercise is a mind game. Do your best to get your brain, mouth and your body to work together. 

@podperson1 – temptation is hard, feeling guilty after shows you are making progress! The scales are not the end all but from 182-188 is a big difference. Clothing, scales level on the floor and at the same place every day ??? You can do this, I believe in you!

@callsitlikeiseeit- have a good weekend, congrats on the loss!

@gottagetthisdown- Congrats on the loss, impressive! You have a good plan, I also need to work on balance in my food. Protein and fiber and less empty carbs. We can do this.

@goingape – always good to hear when our friends have a good day! Keep on keeping on….. you got this.

@Ljdanny- congrats on the loss!

@lennoncpa – weight and steps both good, enjoy your weekend! You did great resisting the cravings.

@Kumecyclingteam – still under 200!
  • debbiewsharpe
    fitness-motivational-quotes-athletes-be-stronger-than-your-excuses-fitness-motivational-quotes-athletes-be-stronger-than-188126234.jpg
  • podperson1
    @debbiewsharpe - thank you x Yup, I weigh first thing in the morning each day, same(ish) clothes, scale in the same spot. I'm used to having maybe one day when it fluctates but I can usually say, oh I went overboard yesterday, I had xx with loads of sodium, it's totm etc. and then it will balance out the next day, but has never been so constantly up and down and for no real reason I can figure. Super confused!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @podperson1 maybe change the battery. I know mine is in need of a battery change it is all over the place today.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Maintenance weight 136.0

Total steps 50790
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi 3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 179.8
    CW 178.4
    My scale is jumping. I’m not sure I trust that weight. But I’ll take it! 😁

95519 steps this week.

I’ve been eating more. I’m hungrier. I don’t know if that is from the added exercise or not smoking. And I think I weighed less than my actual weight which has been around 180 this week. But I’ve lost 4 inches over the last month from my adventures at the gym.
    I haven’t smoked in a month. Not one drag. So I’m doing great with that. I feel good. I feel strong, and healthy. Which is what matters to me. I’m sorry I haven’t been on here much, and taken the time to comment. I’ve worked over lately and I’ve increased my time at the gym or on the treadmill. I will try to do better.
This discussion has been closed.