42 days!

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Ladies!!! We only have 6 weeks to go! How did that happen?! :#

Time to step up my game! My 10k is next Saturday. Once that's over, I want to keep running, but I'd like to shift my priority to weight lifting. I know from past experiences that weights are game changers...or more accurately, body changers ;) More muscles = more calories burned all day long. I'll keep running for the cardio benefits, but I want to feel really strong. For me, strength = confidence. Being physically strong tends to help keep me mentally strong. And there is nothing better than the confidence I have when I'm physically and mentally fit and my horse and I are galloping towards a big jump! Remembering that feeling is truly my biggest motivator!

I will run for 45 minutes today, ride a couple of horses and do my best to log calories.

Have a great day :blush:

Replies

• Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    So true with the muscles and just feeling strong and healthy. I read an article that said its a huge contributer to maintaining weight loss.

Hit my goals yesterday and got in an hour walk although I did eat back the exercise calories last night. I think my body is angry that I'm trying to lose weight again lol and I was super hungry. All the basic goals again today. I've got to get strength training in as well before I go to work tonight. Good luck on your goals everyone, 6 weeks πŸ™Œ.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    This week I mainly focused on not eating after 8PM with some exercise every day, nothing super hard since I have a long way to go until I unlock my frozen left shoulder.

In a discussion about fasting someone said that for the longest time she was worried about getting hungry and how to deal with that sensation but it turned out that hunger is the easy one, cravings are the hardest to beat. In my case is so true, in the evening I know there’s plenty food in my stomach but I still want something, just because. Anyway one week down, 6 to go!

Feeling stronger is fantastic, you are so right! I even think I have a better posture, go figure.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @Katebook309yahoocom940 - hurray for meeting all goals for the day and eating back only a portion of the exercises, therefore giving yourself an even bigger deficit than the calculated one! Impressive.
    @3greyhorses - good luck with your training for next week. Like your short and long term planing.
    @taxgirl1 - we do what we have to do right? And if that involves some breaks forvplaying with the dog, so be it πŸ˜‚. I think I’ll copy you and go do some mobility exercises for my bum shoulder- glad your ankle is doing great!
  • taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses I absolutely love weightlifting! For me that's my priority, but I definitely make sure to include some cardio. When I hurt my ankle and I had to compensate for that, it confirmed to me how important it is to be strong.

Puppy woke up early today, so my morning is a little messed up. I want to go out for a hike today, but it's supposed to rain pretty hard soon. Plan is to at least get in some walking during a break in the rain.
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hola chicas 🌷🌷

Nothing new to report here. Got a long night ahead working from 7pm-2:30am with zero breaks, but it does help me to eat less since i can't really eat while I'm on screen...

Made a huuuuge yummy breakfast. Wishing I would have eaten less though now. Letting the food settle a bit more before we walk.

Have a happy Saturday y'all 😎

Good luck with your goals 🌈