Shrinking Assets - March 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    janek1705 wrote: »
    hipari wrote: »
    My weekend plans are something I hope none of you have to do soon - I have to go clothes shopping for bigger clothes (maternity wear). Things are starting to get tight and I’m no longer comfortable laying on my stomach, so I want to get some new stuff while I still have something to wear while going to the stores.

I had a chat with one of my best friends yesterday, turns out she’s expecting too! She’s expecting her 2nd kid and due 2 months before me, so naturally I couldn’t help myself and shared the news even though I had planned on waiting until the 12-week sonogram. I had kinda guessed she might be pregnant, and turns out she had guessed I’m expecting too. Funny how things work, since we haven’t actually seen each other since January. Anyway, she had good tips on maternity wear and recommended online shopping, but I’ll go shop in person first to try things out and see how maternity clothes ”work”. I’m really happy for her, and also really happy that we’ll be on maternity leave the same time, so we have plenty of time for lunch dates, stroller walks etc.

My other weekend plans include catching up on work, sleep and vomiting - again, plans I hope none of you have to make. Today I stopped pretending I can get anything done and told my boss I’ll show up for meetings (online, ofc) and find a way to do the bare minimum that absolutely must get done to meet deadlines, but will call in sick for the rest of my hours unless things start to improve. Too bad March is crazy busy and riddled with critical deadlines, so I’ll have to try to catch up on the weekend. The nausea has been so bad I can’t sleep or sit upright without a wave of nausea, and it’s pretty impossible to focus on work when my stomach is trying to violently exit my body and I haven’t slep properly in days. Only 5 more days of trying to work, then I’m on vacation for 1.5 weeks and the nausea will hopefully ease by the time I return to work.

Wow sounds like you are having a really tough time! I hope the nausea passes soon. I went my whole pregnancy in tights lol. Not maternity just regular and bough some loose shirts/tunics to go with them. When I saw the prices for maternity stuff it gave me anxiety so I worked around it. I remember being dead to the world the whole first trimester, I would sleep anywhere and everywhere, just go with it and do it! U r making a human and u deserve a 100 naps in a day if that's what ur body wants. Lemons and sour cherries helped with nausea, have u tried them? Hope u feel better!

Thanks, Jane! Cherries aren’t available in my corner of the world this time of the year, but lemons have been my number one craving! Not doing much to help the nausea though, but I just crave them. I’ve literally squeezed lemon juice on dry crackers and enjoyed that as a snack, and this week we made lemon risotto that was too sour for my husband to eat, I still put extra lemon juice on my plate (and ate his portion too, since he was unable to). The only thing that seems to help with nausea is constant snacking, to the point of my day including 3 naps, 10 hours of sleep at night and 9 meals/snacks + a midnight snack if I happen to wake up during the night. Without the night snack, and even with it, mornings are race to make it out of bed and into the breakfast table before my stomach gets up and exits on its own.

We’re currently in a month-long lockdown and the timing is really convenient, I have some control over my work schedules so I can nap during the day and don’t have to try looking like a human. I’m still hoping to get some energy to look and feel human during my second trimester (and hopefully restrictions ease for the summer), so i’d like to get some nice clothes that fit me.
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in
    PW 142.8
    CW 142.6

Down -0.2 Going on 3 weeks holding here, 140 is normally where I would stop but this time I am looking at 135.

@bigblues11 I am right there with you, need to buckle down over the next few months to get to my goal. We can do it. I have been upping my steps every week, last week was 7000, next week 8000. So maybe my body is just adjusting.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Mrscanmore
    March week 3
    Pw 180.8
    Cw 177.9
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    PW 182
    CW 181.2

STICKING WITH THE RYTHUM!! Took a couple days off and I have completely stopped counting. Back to the grinde today!! My brain needed the break real bad!! I feel relaxed and ready to life again!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Missing weigh ins

@TheMrWobbly - he will be back soon
    @lckiehl
    @SisuMom2019
    @carriestrine
    @floecity
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Beka3695
    Saturday
    Pw:174.6
    CW: 177.8

Yeah.... this is now officially off the wagon.
    I am NOT liking what I’m seeing.

I have tracked today - first time in a while.
    I did do a 5k trail run today...

5cdyrc7gv9tc.jpeg

I’m on the left. The right is my ex husband’s wife 🤣.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    NSV - Today was my mom's 88th birthday. My two sisters and I made dinner for her and my 93 year old dad - roast chicken, broccoli and mashed potatoes with gravy. My sister also bought a cake. I passed on the potatoes and cake. I was fine with chicken, broccoli and a tall glass of water. I'm so proud of myself.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star: WEEK FOUR CHALLENGE IS UP! :star:

This week we want to hear your weight loss story with a series of questions that you will answer each day. So click the link and start telling us about your journey towards good health! YOUR SEVEN-DAY WEIGHT LOSS STORY

snm9umtmbr66.jpg
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Username: swauters
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW : 222.6
    CW: 221.6 (-1.0)

Another 1 pound loss week. Seems like this is going to be a slow and steady wins the race situation.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

hghcp9rrjdbg.png
  • Beka3695
    Options
    5nvtb2wka5ts.jpg
    hnxyzgsh3b1b.png
    wi6johwfv4zf.png
    xcbyy9anob1b.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    wwixpm5m4id8.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    0tr8udjpvpaf.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @bmotisko 2.39%
    2nd @kandi3570 2.32%
    3rd @shnerb00 1.64 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @bmotisko 6.6 Lbs
    2nd @kandi3570 4.2 Lbs
    3rd @Fat2Fit_Kat 3.7 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Mrscanmore
    @rachelrjh
    @veryhotmails
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @leni1us
    @TheresaM787
    @Tazaria87
    @kerdil08
    @PlaneMonkey

2a3o5e1k3d15.png

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Guess what? It is time to invite new members to join! April registration is open :smiley:

Everyone is welcome to share the link to the registration thread. If you have friends who might enjoy our F2F teams, please invite them to check it out and sign up. Those of you who are already here do NOT need to sign up again!

Please share this link and some more lucky people will be able to join us:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10828015/registration-for-new-members-april-2021#latest
  • junedave3
    junedave3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    junedave
    monday
    PW 153lb
    CW 153lb
  • SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry I missed weigh in -I had my update done in notes and I copied it and I came to the page and started reading posts and totally gapped. I have never missed before.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,362 Member
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way ......Please welcome @Cuddlefish08 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,362 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @pastorjrj18 :)
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Great job team. I haven't been on here as consistently as before, but still am tracking and working hard.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm excited to join the group! Go team!

Welcome!!!!! 🍾🏆🏅🍾🏆🏅
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Cuddlefish08 !
This discussion has been closed.