39 days to go!

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Hello girls!

Yesterday was decent. I did pretty good with food and water, ran a couple of miles and rode one horse. Didn't get much cleaning done...it's too hard when it's nice outside :p

Today, I'll be heading down to St Louis for lessons! I am beyond excited! It's been about a year since my last lesson. My area doesn't have any good trainers that could help me at my level. I used to live and breathe horse training/lessons/shows, but then the only decent trainer around moved to the east coast. Soon after she left, all of my local riding friends left, too. So, here I am stuck in the middle of nowhere depressed as hell because everything I had been doing for years is no longer here. I miss it more than I can describe. Being in training and competing was my identity, now I'm just a middle-aged woman who still has the passion and drive but no real feasible way to keep at it. I've pleaded with my hubby to move, but we both know it doesn't make sense overall for us to leave. I'm planning on taking my horses south for a couple of months next winter as a compromise. So, sorry...got off on a tangent! Anyway, I'm excited and emotional about meeting this new trainer today. Even though she's over 2.5 hours away, I might be able to make it work to see her once a month. That would keep me motivated and moving forward until I can be completely emersed in the horse world next winter.

So, yeah, I'll ride today. I'm going to pack food for my trip so I can stay on track with my calories.

Have a great day :blush:

Replies

• Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    @3greyhorses have an amazing trip. ๐Ÿ™‚
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    Going for the usual goals today and then yoga tonight.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didnโ€™t meet my steps therefore overate some but did some dancing with my daughter . Today Iโ€™ll just try a little harder.

Have a nice trip, Paree!

Everyone else, have fun locally ๐Ÿ˜!
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Have an awesome time Paree โฃ๏ธ 2.5 hours away is nothing if it's something you enjoy โ‡๏ธ Hope you like the lessons and find a way to make it work ๐Ÿ˜Ž as far as no one else around being interested in riding.. i wonder if you reached out to your community if there aren't some other horse lovers around feeling the same as you? Maybe there's a new group of riders these days that you aren't aware of yet, or at least some other peeps who wish there was a group and y'all could start getting together a bit locally?

Obviously pre-covid one of my jobs was community outreach ๐Ÿ˜‚ i love starting group things ๐Ÿคท especially when they're self-serving ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’œ

Anyway happy Tuesday ๐ŸŒทโ˜€๏ธ Tuesdays are my free days, just going to go meet with Hector for a couple of hours, then idk what's in store for today. We did lots of productive cleaning and carrying water etc yesterday, so my afternoon is open ๐Ÿค“ then Zoom game night with friends ๐ŸŒˆโœจ

Goals today: Bike! Swim! Walk! Under on cals ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    @rayonrainbows how is Hector doing these days? I think its amazing you are taking the time to catch him up.

@3greyhorses Hope the trainer was a good match.
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    @GabiV125 I think the dancing is awesome! A good workout and quality time with the daughter ๐Ÿฅฐ
    @rayonrainbows the drive isnโ€™t bad itself, itโ€™s the gas $ of hauling and the time away from taking care of the other horses. Iโ€™m committed to finding a way to make it work though. As for other riders in the area, Iโ€™ve tried to get more interest and involvement by hosting educational and fun events at my farm, but there just arenโ€™t enough horse people who are interested in my type of riding. Iโ€™ll try again this summer to see if anyone new has moved to the area. Most people who want to do what I do get out of here as quickly as possible ๐Ÿ˜” I wonโ€™t give up ๐Ÿ’ช
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses yes, try again! You never know ๐Ÿ’œ if you could find enough other people interested then perhaps y'all could get together to pay the trainer to come down to your farm once a month or something, instead of having to travel up. Anyway keep doing you, and i hope you enjoy it ๐Ÿค“
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    @3greyhorses yes, try again! You never know ๐Ÿ’œ if you could find enough other people interested then perhaps y'all could get together to pay the trainer to come down to your farm once a month or something, instead of having to travel up. Anyway keep doing you, and i hope you enjoy it ๐Ÿค“

yes, this is what I was trying to do! Hopefully, this year will be better!