Weight No More - March 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    I went off the rails the last two days. I literally ate over 3800 calories today and over 2800 yesterday. I’m not sure why I did it, but I am worried my size 10 jeans that I recently bought won’t fit me after my two day binge.
    So I’ve decided to slow my pace at losing to 1 pound a week, so now if I exercise each day I can have 1800 calories a day as opposed to only 1300. I need to get it in my head that losing weight doesn’t have to happen fast. If I can lose 4 pounds a month that is a win. I was telling myself I needed to lose 10 pounds a month, and it has caught up with me. Little losses are going to be big wins for me from now on. If I don’t change my mindset I’m afraid I’ll sabotage my diet and start gaining again.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 416 Member
    Wow, I missed a lot yesterday. I worked in a 6th grade classroom yesterday. I was very impressed with the procedures followed and the behavior of the students. It was a good day but it sure slowed down my walking. I did stay after school and walked the halls until I hit 10,000. I will be in the 7th grade today and Friday in ISS (in school suspension). Friday should be a lonely day, all the students are behaving so well. Thursday-Motivational-Quotes.jpg

@Minstrilofsarcasm – wow, this month went by fast! You are so right, the scale is not the end all! There are so many factors to consider. Loved your posters for the step team, it was a good week all around.

@jedaschultz- congrats on the loss and good luck on the move.

@moamb – welcome to the team, we will help you get those last pounds off.

@pizzafruit-welcome to the team, interesting name! We will get that medical chart changed soon. I go to the doctors and it seems that every sentence is prefaced with “at your age”.

@kirsten11872- the 11 day shred sounds interesting. I look forward to your reports

@melaniescott – so sorry that you are still dizzy! The new diet sounds interesting, I hope that it goes well for both of you.

@RoseyandReady - Work hard this week on those 2 pounds, you can do this.

@lennoncpa –is Sunny waiting for a tummy rub?

@podperson1 – I understand MIA, I am just catching up. It seems if I miss a day a heck of a lot goes on.

@Calli616 – welcome to the team, everyone will do their best to help you with the weight control

@Just_Kisha- welcome to the team

@rachelrjh –Uh Oh, off the rails happens, get that train back on!!! You have a good plan at a pound a week. We all need to find what works for us. Good luck, I am pulling for you!
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    PW 145.7 lbs
    CW 144.3 lbs

So far it has been a pretty good week, finally got back to the gym and been eating mostly healthy all week, also the weather is finally getting warmer so it’s been so much nicer to walk, my goal this week is to walk outside every day to get more steps in
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Thursday weigh in

Pacs NC6
    Pw?
    Cw 157.4
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    Welcome aboard to our new members! Glad to have you here, @pizzafruit , @Just_Kisha , @Calli1616 ! I'm Ashley, here to serve as your co-captain with @melaniedscott . I am also the resident scientist around these parts, glad to help out with any questions you may have. If there's something I don't know anything about, give me some time and I'll do the research.

Your first weigh-ins aren't expected until next week, when we officially start our April F2F thread, so feel free to use this time to familiarize yourself with the group, ask questions, and make introductions. And if you haven't provided your highest weight to the group yet, please do so we can keep track of your Loss To Date.

rachelrjh wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    I’d like to change my weigh in day to Friday, which means I won’t weigh in again until Friday April 2nd. Is that okay?

@rachelrjh - Absolutely! I can take care of that for you :smile:

podperson1 wrote: »
    Some might be water weight, some might be post totm, most is just me being a human hoover *sighs* It has not been a good week!

@podperson1 - The good news is that you already know how to lose that weight! One bad week will not be the end to all good weeks. You've got this, and we're here to support you when you think you don't. Also, I'm positive you didn't consume an extra 15,400 calories since your last official weigh-in. Be kind to yourself today.

@lennoncpa - Please please please continue posting regular pictures of Sunny. They brighten (heh) my day every single time.

rachelrjh wrote: »
    I need to get it in my head that losing weight doesn’t have to happen fast. If I can lose 4 pounds a month that is a win. I was telling myself I needed to lose 10 pounds a month, and it has caught up with me. Little losses are going to be big wins for me from now on. If I don’t change my mindset I’m afraid I’ll sabotage my diet and start gaining again.

Sounds like you're hitting a bit of a wall. A little extra food right now will serve to re-energize your metabolism and allow your body to recover better from any exercise and stress you put it through. You may even enjoy the slower loss :wink:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    March Week Four

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 171.0 (March 18th)
    CW (Current Weight): 170.6 (March 25th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 63.4 lbs

Slowly losing the water weight, slowly recovering from my pulled muscle, and regularly reminding myself that my biceps and calves look (ahem) darn good right now. I still weigh more than my brain likes to see on the scale, but my clothes fit me well and my muscles are doing all the things they're supposed to. I'll get back into the 160s soon enough, brain. I promise.

I mentioned in a previous check-in that my resistance training gym has a Body Scanner and that one of the coaches suggested that I try it out. Given that I also signed up for a 45 day challenge with the gym, I have signed up to do a body scan on Monday morning so that I can compare those values with my late April and mid May scans (which are also part of the challenge). It will be nice to have other values than weight and my measurements to look at for a change.

Food:

I've been eating somewhat well. A few too many meals from restaurants, but most of those have a strong vegetable base without much in the way of empty calories or refined sugars, which has been helping my muscles recover from all of the exercising I've been doing lately. And, for the most part, my nutritional breakdown is pretty on track with what MFP set for me (with my adjustments for a more equal distribution between macros). I'm not worried.

Exercise:

I've said it before, I'll say it again: "Peer pressure is a heckuva drug."

I've been talked into taking multiple spin classes in a row, working out on my rest days, lifting heavier weights... Here's the stats:
    • Seven spin classes
    • Four resistance training classes
    • Two cryotherapy sessions

And I'll be honest, it felt good to move so much. I'm definitely sore, and using my core to compensate for my chest injury has not been helping (although my form has never been better). Every time I injure myself, I'm reminded of how important form is when lifting weights, especially heavy ones. So, sure, it sucks to be hurt, but there's a silver lining here.

On an unrelated note, we had to complete a 2-minute plank during class on Tuesday night, and now I'm tempted to see just how long I can hold a plank. At the beginning of the pandemic, when the gym was closed, I was doing a plank-based workout every morning. By mid-May, I was able to hold a plank for a little over 6 minutes. I doubt I can hold it for quite so long now, but I'm curious.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

Welcome to all our new members! *waves* this is a super supportive group and am sure it will help you reach your goals x

@lennoncpa - aww, always love the Sunny pics, he's such a chilled out wee cutie <3

@podperson1 - The good news is that you already know how to lose that weight! One bad week will not be the end to all good weeks. You've got this, and we're here to support you when you think you don't. Also, I'm positive you didn't consume an extra 15,400 calories since your last official weigh-in. Be kind to yourself today.
    @minstrelofsarcasm - oh ye of little faith, I'm convinced I could have totally eaten an extra 15,400 cals :D:D (okay maybe not quite that many!) Anyway, thank you for the support, shall hopefully get my butt back in gear.
    I am slightly in awe of your exercise routine, but do be careful not to overdo it before you're fully recovered x

Anyways, am getting back on track. I've gone totally strict this week to make up for the nasty binges last week (yes, i know it's not always recommended but I'll feel so much better when I get rid of at least a few of those recently piled on pounds) and then will either go back to my previous plan or have a rethink of what's working.
    In better news, I have a date in under 2 weeks for my first Covid jab! Fingers crossed things can start getting back to something like normal and I can actually see my folks again :)
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 190.6
    Cw 190
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Hello and welcome to the new team members. I haven't been able to get in the last few times I tried. This has been a rough couple weeks. I'm still trying to play catch up from the time change, I'm like a child. Having my granddaughter over every day I dont get to sit down until about 8, shes so full of energy, her dad was just like that at her age. I haven't done any real exercise lately. I'm hoping to get back to it tomorrow. I have been getting yard work done though.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,914 Member
    A new member heading your way .... Please welcome @vvlucky :)
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    KUMEcyclingteam, aka BJ, aka "The Fox in the Henhouse"!
    March Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 191.8 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 188.4 lbs.
    LTD (Loss to Date): 61.6 lbs.

Two really good weeks for me in a row!! Currently at 465 miles on the bike so far this spring! My energy levels are thru the Hen House roof, Eating is under control! I could get more sleep but hey, can't have everything right!?!
    Mother had her second COVID shot and is doing well, My first one comes Monday! We're all going to have a great summer, let's all take control of our pathways and kill it!

Working hard in silence, letting my success be my noise! Have a great weekend all!
  • vvlucky
    vvlucky Posts: 51 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this team, and am so glad to have found you all!! I am 60 years young, mother to 4 young adult daughters. Post-menopause and family trauma have contributed to my weight gain - mostly in my middle. I'm 5'8", and would like to lose at least 20 lb. (I weigh about 194 right now). More would be better but I want to be realistic.

My exercise over the last year has mainly consisted of walking 3 miles 2 -3 times a week. I've done some zoom yoga, but it's just not the same as in person. I'll have vaccine efficacy in a few weeks, so I am looking forward to going back to in person yoga classes at this wonderful studio in our town. I have a herniated disc, so I have to be careful about what I do. Having said that - I really need to start lifting weights again, working on my core....etc....

Thanks for including me.

Warm regards,
    Denise
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    @debbiewsharpe thank you for the prayers, much appreciated!! What a week. Praying the work we did with them holds. She is pregnant, too.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @ljdanny I always felt that chasing a baby around was plenty of exercise. Carrying them around is better than lifting weights -- much more fun anyway
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Your April team chat is open! Please continue to weigh in here through Saturday. Go ahead and start introductions, intentions, and get the new month rolling at -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10828474/weight-no-more-april-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 163
    Cw 167.2

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Maintenance weight 136.4

Total steps 42752
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Week:4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:187.6
    Current weight:189.4

I am disappointed but not surprised. I don't think I actually gained fat since I ate so much less this past week. Not sleeping well of course. I believe that my daughter is safe so I can put the effort back into my health recovery.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    kirsten11872
    Week:4
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Previous weight:174.6
    Current weight:170.9
This discussion has been closed.