37 days to go!

3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Hello!

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost the weight I had gained for last week's weigh-in, plus an additional 1.5 pounds :) I'm so happy because I was honestly really disappointed that I had gained weight for the past weigh-in despite my calorie counts being the same. What I noticed is that I had been snacking on pretzels and other processed simple carbs for a couple of weeks and have now cut those out and am back to more whole foods and more protein. So, I'm going to continue to focus on sticking with the changes, but I will be eating some pasta before my race. It has been a lifesaver for the longer runs!

Today is a run day and definitely a riding day! I can't wait to get on my ponies today :blush: I have a bunch of other stuff to do today, but no worries if I don't get to any of it. I'll log everything, eat whole foods and keep protein in mind, drink 64 oz of water.

Have a great day!

Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Exciting days Paree!

All that rain yesterday slowed me down and then we ran out of bread and by the time I got it out of the oven, we didn’t feel like braving the mall trip. So we’ll do that today after I come back from work.
    Goals for today - stay in calories and finish the mega-spreadsheet someone at work “kindly “ dumped on me last minute.
  • Forgot to log something yesterday that put me pretty far over calories but otherwise met my goals. Going to try for a 30 minute walk tonight. Don't want to but I know I will want to when the weather is nicer and then try to do too much. Same other goals for today. Happy Thursday all.
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    hola chicas °°

happy the scale is reflecting your awesome efforts, Paree! <3

we found a stray little 4 week old kitten and took it home yesterday. she wouldn't eat, so i was up every 2 hours last night feeding her a milk concoction from a (needleless) syringe. she wasn't doing well, so we taxied into town this morning, and when we took her to the vet clinic they found that her vertebrae were separated and she had internal bruising, so they just put her to sleep.

so grateful to finally have a vet clinic in town. they've only been open for about a week, and they've already got 35 animals there, and they're not even a shelter. and they run entirely on donations.

if anyone's feeling generous here's there donation link <3<3
    https://fundly.com/sos-animales-nicaragua-veterinary-clinic

here's the little sweetheart
    bq7u8r0nj9er.jpg

i hadn't eaten anything yet and it was already past noon by the time we were done, so we stoppped at a sandwhich stop in town. first time we've eaten at a restaurant in over a year (not that we ever really ate at restaurants before the pandemic either). not a lot of vegetarian choices so i just got gallo pinto and jamey and i shared some fries.

immediately after we ate my upset stomach returned. gurgling and gross. still feels muy malo...

so it wasn't the funnest 30 minute walk home. don't know if we're going to walk again. honestly the way my tummy is feeling it's probably better that we just rest. fortunately i don't have any work tonight, so just going to take it easy.
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    oh, @rayonrainbows :'( Poor kitty. Thanks for doing everything you could to help it. I'm so glad there is a clinic there now and will definitely give a little.
    Hope your tummy is feeling better today.