Plans for March

HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
Any exciting plans for March for anyone? I know some places no longer have big restrictions from covid and things are hopefully looking up?

Here it doesn’t look like the restriction changes are going to change much for me, but spring is here and the weather is above freezing now so I am trying to force myself to enjoy the outdoors whenever I can! I used to loved walking outside but I just slowly started to move away from it over the last year! Time to get back at it :)

Replies

• NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    I am working on fasting for autophagy. It is the only thing that I can control since we are still locked down here in Denmark. Spring does feel good. Now we just need to speed up the vaccines so we can get back to our normal lives.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    I have been doing this Peloton arms program - 3 10 min arm workouts a week over 6 weeks, and I am considering doing this thing called Pelofondo in April which is where a group of riders rode 35-120 miles over the weekend. I feel like it can be motivation for me.

At the end of March we are driving to NH to see if our house has been started and to tour some barns for our daughter as well as her new school. Touring a couple of apartments since we suspect our house won’t be ready on time and we need to be there before school starts so March and April will be pretty busy, but in a good way! :)
  • amyabsolutely
    amyabsolutely Posts: 11 Member
    I’m so glad the weathers getting a little warmer so I can be outside more. I’m trying to run and train for a 10k later this year.
  • HLaR79
    Awesome goals for all :)
    The only bad part of spring here, is my allergies get really bad, it’s not an ideal time to have a sore throat or stuffy nose!!
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    loving the warmer weather. Gym's are open in my area with restrictions. My neighbor and I are doing a 28 day fitness boot camp. This is week 3. I'm feeling it.

My goal for March is hike to table rock. Photos to come.
  • barngrill
    barngrill Posts: 13 Member
    I met with my dietician yesterday after more than a year and regain that left me feeling like I had hit the point of no return. My goal is to stick to the meal plan we discussed and get outside more during the day...working from home has been wonderful with the exception of the fact that I actually work more now...regularly 12 hours a day where I only get up to go to the bathroom and graze from the kitchen. So I'll be doing some spring cleaning of my mind and old bad habits in addition to the house. I am looking forward to being outside if nothing more than to sit on the porch and listen to the birds. My husband and I are planning some hikes and have started walking the dog together again...I skip winter walks because I hate the cold. Enjoy!
  • HLaR79
    I hate the cold winter walks too, which is how I ended up getting away from it so much! Both my dogs are husky cross so they love the cold!!

It made me so happy to see so many responses sounds like after a year of COVID we all have some good goals!

Keep it up :)
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    March hike to table rock complete -
    hthmt36nho3j.jpg
    ec2t7gtm1yfr.jpg

• azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Awesome goals for all :)
    The only bad part of spring here, is my allergies get really bad, it’s not an ideal time to have a sore throat or stuffy nose!!

don't you hate that when someone looks at you sideways when you blow your nose or sneeze? like you have plague or something? good luck to your allergy season, I suffer some of the same.
  • azalea4175
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    March hike to table rock complete -

great job!! the pics are stunning, looks like a beautiful hike.
  • HLaR79
    @fit_chickx Wow stunning pictures

@azalea4175 no kidding! Every time I sneeze I yell out it’s just allergies! One day I will get sent home I’m sure

I am getting a COVID vaccine in April so I’m excited to lower my risk! Can’t wait for the rest of my house to be eligible now!
  • azalea4175
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    @fit_chickx Wow stunning pictures

@azalea4175 no kidding! Every time I sneeze I yell out it’s just allergies! One day I will get sent home I’m sure

I am getting a COVID vaccine in April so I’m excited to lower my risk! Can’t wait for the rest of my house to be eligible now!

my husband and I are getting our first vaccine tomorrow!!! now if the rest of my family could be eligible..... :/
    and good luck with the allergies!
  • HLaR79
    Wow March is almost over, it’s pretty warm here this weekend! Looking forward to some long walks with the dogs this weekend, plus BBQ!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Our family is driving to NH and ME this weekend and staying for a week or so. Need to find a short term apartment while our house gets built. Bringing 2 of our dogs and plan to get to the beach for a walk and check out some trails. I plan to take advantage to what will be a great way to get out and get active. Grateful my husband is starting to focus on his health because we have both been struggling,
  • HLaR79
    We have snow again, and it’s been so windy, looks like the treadmill for me this weekend!

It has been a very stressful week at work and I managed no exercise days! I know it would make me feel better yet it’s the part I easily give up when stressed!