Monthly Post for March 2021

Options
13»

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    @autopilot_off Glad I could amuse! Sounds like you have found something that works for you!

@Meghan509 Enjoy the rainy day! We finally have some sun and warmth today.

@mamainthekitchen I hope you are still doing well. Did your new shoes come in yet?

I am going to get my hair cut for the first time in almost 2 years! I usually go once a year, but we were in lockdown last year and then I decided to see how long it would get. LOL Have a great Friday! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the new hair cut Kate! Nothing like a good healthy trim! I’m told my runners are on their way.... but it’s been almost a month! Ugh!

Hope everyone enjoys a happy weekend! Hubs & I are going to visit my parents... I don’t go often because of covid (also our rollout of vaccine here has been pathetic!) but I don’t see anyone else, so I’ll be checking the garden & have a bit of lunch! I talk to them every single day, but I know they miss the actual visits. Tree trimmers came and took out some larger branches in our back yard... we’re seeing more sky now & some flowers should grow this year now.

Today is s fast day, I know... Friday?? Ugh! I’ll do my best!!
    Happy weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Happy Friday!!!

Hope you have a nice visit at your parents, @mamainthekitchen

Today I am eligible to book a Covid vaccine in my state!! (48 years young). Unfortunately we can't find any open appointments but will keep checking. Woo hoo!

Beautiful day here today, sunny and cool. Nice weather in the 50's F on tap for the weekend. Works for me!

Back to work sigh... Have a good one and see you all soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Quickly checking in this Friday afternoon... just walked with my dog then dropped her off at home and kept going myself! Total 80mins = 314 cals burned! Awesome! If only I could get going earlier in the day so I could get other things done in my day!! Had 1% cottage cheese & a full Roma tomato for lunch and I’m still full! That’s a great very filling fast day meal! Ham & broccoli for dinner!
    Thanks Meg.... I’ll pop in Sunday, have a great weekend people!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all and happy Monday!

@mamainthekitchen your meals sound lovely!!

Hello to the rest of the gang! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

We had a nice weekend with friends who came to visit Saturday and spent the night in the new guest room!! So much fun. Can't say I stuck to my Keto WOE ;) but it was nice to catch up and hang out. We really enjoyed it and so did they.

This weekend we have a funeral service for my uncle. He passed from a few different cancers that crept up quickly. He as also sickly with Parkinson's Disease so now he is out of pain which is good. I was not that close with him but I am happy to support my Aunt (my Dad's Sister) and my cousins. Saturday PM we are due to get together with different friends for dinner, etc.

I was able to book vaccine appointment #1 for tomorrow, for me! I also got vaccine appointment #2 set up at the same time - about a month away from the first one. Still working on getting my BF his appointments. By the time we set up a Walgreens account for him the appointments were all gone. :( I keep checking and refreshing, but still nothing in our area. Sigh... Fingers crossed. I can see why people get frustrated with the process. I had to keep going back and refreshing and literally watched all the appointments disappear before me in less than fifteen minutes. :o

Beautiful weekend here and a good week on tap. Finally getting warmer during the day. Night time not so much, but that's okay. I'll take it!

Hope everybody is doing well. Have a great day and see you soon!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning.

Hope everybody's week is off to a good start!

See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I just realized it it already Tuesday! This week is flying by! I came home and crashed last night. Not sure if it was allergies or fighting off a bug. Whatever it was, I feel better today.

My funny for the day: I was in a new classroom and at the end of the day one of the students I had been helping to stay on task looks at me and says, "I like you. You're kind of mean." :D I think that is the nicest thing someone has said to me in a long time!

@Meghan509 Glad you had such a nice weekend! Here in the Midwest, it is pretty easy to get an appointment. Not a lot of population or interest. Rural communities just haven't had many cases. Do you have to stay in your county? Sorry for your family's loss. It is always a tough spot when the person was suffering. Sad that they are gone, but at least they are no longer in pain.

Going to enjoy some quiet time. The class I was with today was... enthusiastic and had a lot to say! LOL
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Holy! Agreed Kate.. it’s already Wednesday!!! That’s really hilarious about your students comment!! Actually I agree... (the daughter would too) the kind, slightly mean but attentive teachers were always the best! The meanest teacher (grade 7) was my favorite of all time, strict was an understatement, but she always took time for rewards... and that reward was her own films of her travels during her summer vacation! She traveled everywhere in the world and filmed everything! It was like watching travel movies in class!!! Granted, it was 1971 and we all thought it was the best thing!! Every Thursday if we got our work done we watched her travel movies! Back to being strict Friday though! What a memory!

Meghan good luck with those vaccines!!! Hope autopilot is doing well too. Nothing really going on , it’s been lovely weather though, tidying up garden, but I need to finish that room!!! Ughh!

Haven’t logged this week, lazy and I’ve had some naughty things I couldn’t find on mfp so oh well! Still no runners! Have a good day people, talk soon! I’ll be back in the swing of things soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Just a fast hello!

@KateNkognito LOLOL

Vaccine dose #1 went well. Slight discomfort in my arm but no biggie.

Busy day at work. See you guys soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today is Friday Eve! I finally stepped on the scale again. Not too bad. Had a really great fast day yesterday, except I had a bad case of the Keto flu. I guess that is a good sign that I was burning fat, but I felt gross.

@Meghan509 Glad it went well!

@mamainthekitchen Young lady, go clean your room! LOL My fifth grade teacher was like that. She was all business, but every once in a while, she would surprise us with something fun.

Have a great Friday! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

@KateNkognito sorry to hear about the Keto Flu. Next time try drinking some water with pink salt or any kind of salt added to it. Drop it in, mix it around and sip. Repeat as necessary. Think of that as a legal Gatorade to help replenish electrolytes a sugar free way.

@mamainthekitchen Thanks! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Yesterday my guy got his first dose of the vaccine and it went really well. And he doesn't even like needles. LOL Last night his arm was a little sore and he was a little tired, otherwise nothing major.

Today is Friday!! We are having friends over tomorrow for dinner and to see the new place. Looking forward to that.

Have a great day and a great weekend in case I don't pop in. Almost time for a new monthly thread! Less than a week to go until April 1. 2021 is flying by!

:)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options

@mamainthekitchen Young lady, go clean your room! LOL!

Bahahahahahahaaaaa!!

Ughhhhh okay!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It is a BEAUTIFUL day in my neighborhood! I am going to do some stuff inside, briefly, start some laundry, then spend the afternoon outside, reading a book! I hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay healthy!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Been out for a run with younger dog (training him up for cannicross), done my week's menu plan and placed an online order.

I had my first vaccine last Sunday, bit of a sore arms and some weird dreams!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

Isn't it nice when the weekends are beautiful!?

Saturday was nice here. We went to my uncle's memorial service. He passed from Parkinson's disease and cancer that had spread. Uncle Ray is out of pain which is good. It was nice to see my relatives, even for a short visit and with everybody in masks. Looking forward to this summer when we are all vaccinated and we can get together more normally. Saturday night we had our friends over for dinner and it was a lot of fun. They liked the new place!

Yesterday was rainy and meh. We worked at our storage unit. It is almost cleared out. Couple more trips.

Not much else going on here. Back to work today on a windy Monday sigh... Stay well all. See you soon!

• KateNkognito
    Options
    We have a major front moving through here today. Between that, allergies, and hormones, I felt awful. I came home halfway through the day after my high-need student left for the day. Still have a migraine, but I am starting to feel a little better.
    @Meghan509 Glad you had a nice weekend! And it seems like we only see family at funerals and weddings these days.
    @melaniecheeks That sounds like a fun weekend! I bet your pup had a great time too!
    @mamainthekitchen Did you get your room cleaned? I only did half of mine!
    Going to go take more meds and start the laundry that I just remembered I have to do! Have a good week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all!

@KateNkognito hope you feel better. Ugh, that stinks. We had A LOT of wind come through here yesterday. A little bit of overcast in the AM through afternoon but then it cleared up and was really nice and sunny.

Today it is sunny and beautiful here. Nice to look out my window and see squirrels walking around the lawn. <3

Not much else going on. Work is a little quiet. Tomorrow I go in to the office for a few hours. Sticking to my Keto WOE and feeling pretty good. Drinking water, water, and more water...

Been going through boxes of stuff that were in storage and came across my old report cards from my all of my elementary and high school years. Yep, I was not a good student. Did not like to apply myself or do any home work. Sigh... Oh well, turned out okay in the end. :blush:

Have a good day and see you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi all...!!
    Sorry to hear of your uncle, Meghan. It’s hard, I know <3
    Glad you had nice visits!

Kate, you deserve a medal! Dealing with kids is challenging to say the least! The school boards should pay for your tylenol!!

Runners still not in!! So annoyed now... the husband joked they’re probs on that stupid container ship stuck in the Suez Canal!!! >:)
    I’ve been bulking up unintentionally!?!? It’s cold here... we also had storm Kate, Sunday night! Our back yard was a disaster zone!!
    Today I’m heading to see my mom... she fell! Luckily my dad was with her. Fell in a drugstore, tripped over stupid sign base... she’s ok, landed on knees & wrists, a little worried she’s fractured something but didn’t want to go to hospital... we’ll be FaceTiming my daughter to check her out. Sigh!
    Last but not least... I’ve almost got the wallpaper of ‘that’ room!! Put it on 25 years ago thinking... ‘I don’t need to spend extra money on stuff to apply to take the paper off’.... omg, I should’ve bought that!! Taking it off one tiny piece at a time!! No store rents those ‘steamers’ anymore, so I’ll be at it for another week!!!
    Food has been whatever the guys want in the house!! I’ll be back at my own way this week, feeling pudgy! Talk later!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hope your mom isnt too badly injured, Mama.

Last day of March. Sun is shining, birds are singing, daffodils are out. I was inspired to put on a frock I haven’t worn in a year ( loads of zoom meetings today), and it still fits, so that’s nice. A low calorie day today, cottage cheese, lentil feta salad, and then smoked mackerel cabbage for dinner. Then a dance class and a pub quiz. Shall try to stay away from the wine, always my biggest downfall.