Magic Spoon the latest addition to our meal repertoire.

Options
Poobah1972
Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
Okay, maybe it's not wholesome in the home cooked way...

But this stuff is pretty freaking amazing, and based on the ingredients an argument could certainly be made that this stuff is actually pretty healthy and certainly low carb.

Only downside is it's expense... Cost 67 Canadian for 5 boxes, thankfully shipping was only 10 bucks and part of the 67 dollar cost. No Taxes or Duties either which was nice.

But if we only have one serving per week (Fridays), with our Keto Toast and some Unsweetened Almond or coconut Almond blend. This is a about a 17.5 week supply or $1.91 Canadian per serving. Totally acceptable in my book. Granted cheaper would be nice.

We just tried a few of bits of the peanut butter flavor, and its nice and tasty... Reviews seem to be almost unanimously positive and there are literally 1000's and 1000's of reviews. So that's it, Friday morning we can relive the glory days of our youth and enjoy a tasty morning cereal, with no guilt. lol

Thought someone here might be interested if they haven't heard of it yet. :)

ltrwau4bmws3.jpg

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, never seen this brand, and I'm in South Central BC. Where'd you get it, and what are the ingredients?
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Their HQ is in New York. My shipment came out of DHL Melrose, Illinois.

The Canadian Order is @ https://ca.magicspoon.com/

The American Order is @ https://magicspoon.com/

Interesting the boxes I have receieved have serving sizes of 3/4 Cups and 100-120 Calories depending on flavor... However I pulled the following from the site and it appears they are switching over to 1 cup servings with equally increased calorie counts. It also lowers the servings to box to 5.

x1ql0ezkn4f6.png

:)

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The cost alone keeps me away.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    The cost alone keeps me away.

I guess the way we look at it, we are already saving so much compared to our previous lifestyle we don't to much. But yeah, definitely wish it was cheaper.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My husband wants to try this because he's diabetic and one of our favorite Youtubers endorses it. The only reason that I haven't bought it is because of the price. I might give it a shot next paycheck though.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    My husband wants to try this because he's diabetic and one of our favorite Youtubers endorses it. The only reason that I haven't bought it is because of the price. I might give it a shot next paycheck though.

Got the notification that Blueberry just popped back in stock yesterday... Unfortunately I still have 5 boxes to eat through, and you can only order a minimum of 4 boxes at time.... So Blueberry is going to have to wait. :(

If you want it to hurt less... I like to think about it this way. A large Tim Hortons Coffee in canada costs us just over 2 bucks... Each serving of this cereal is ruffly the same cost. I stopped going to Tim Hortons. I deserve the cereal? :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I over pay for Quest chips. I'd have to give those up to try these. I might some time.